Spring Pantry Challenge

I really enjoy this thread and would love to see it going again too! I have been doing really well. Staying well under my $75 a week budget. A few weeks I made it under $50! Here are a few of our meals from this week.

Saturday- Homemade mushroom pizza and salad
Sunday- A huge crockpot filled with vegetarian Mexican soup! It smells delish!
Monday- Leftover soup and tuna melts
Tuesday- Grilled chicken ceasar salads
Wednesday-Three cheese chicken and a salad
Thursday- Cracker Barrel since we'll be traveling for the day
Friday- Taco salads and a fruit salad
Saturday- Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots, peas
Sunday- Traveling to Hilton Head for the holiday

Read this last week and got inspired. Took a full inventory of my fridge, freezer, pantry and cupboards - time consuming but also enlightening!

I have devised the following meals based on what I have on hand - I will serve with green salad fixings unless veggie is stated

Turkey Chili - make 6qt. crock pot full and freeze extra for another time
uses all canned beans in house and 3 lbs ground turkey, serve with biscuits

Teriyaki Create a meal (had no idea this frozen "dinner" mix was in freezer)
uses 1/2 steak serve with steamed rice - frozen dinner has veggies/sauce

Grilled Salmon, mashed potato, broccoli/cauliflower steamed *need to buy fresh lemon...

Baked Chicken, Squash, rice pilaf

Lasagne roll-ups - we roll the ricotta cheese and italian sausage up in one lasagne noodle and served covered with sauce - quicker/easier than making real lasagne - good for a work night

Boneless Pork Chops with gravy
Buttered penne and veggie

Penne pasta bake - with garlic bread/salad

bean burritos -baked in the oven covered with enchilada sauce...

today I made a crockpot pot roast - fork tender and shredded when we got home from church - had pot roast sandwiches - delish!

i love knowing exactly what I have in the house - makes planning so much easier.

Thanks for the inspiration

Happy 4th everyone! This week I spent just under $100.00 at the grocery store and saved $55.00 in coupons. Thats for a family of 4 including snacks, soda, and cat supplies. It was a meat week for me so I was expecting a big bill. It is going to be another hot week this week! So I am doing lots of griling here! I bought a big case of brats and divided those up for a few meals and we are finishing up some Aldis' hamburgers. It is also my daughters B day this week so we are ordering Papa Murphys on Friday but I am making her a cake.
This is what we are eating this week
Today Crockpot Swedish meatballs with noodles or rice (too hot outside and in lol)
Beer Battered fish tacos with home made tartar sauce and brocolli salad
Brats, Brats, and more Brats (maybe brat kabobs)
grilled bbq chicken (Friday)
hamburgers
pancakes by request for my dd
twice baked potatoes and some kind of meat for my daughters Bday on Wed.
4th of July cake..yum!
Papa murphys for July 9th
grilled steak and baked potatoes
4thofjuly2010001.jpg

I need to get back on this challenge. I did pretty good early in the year and then began to get lazy. Just got back from Disney and need to rein the spending in. So...I am back in.

Yesterday - Grilled pork chops, grilled zuchini, cukes in sour cream with chives.

Today - Grilled salmon, Grilled banana peppers and corn on the cob.

DH also grilled hot dogs yesterday for lunches this week.

I am glad the farmstands are back open. I am trying to get away from the processed foods.

Lori

Hiya everyone!
I went grocery shopping yesterday. My bill was $106.00 and saved $18.75 in coupons. It is going to be hotter than Hades for the next week so I am going to be using the crockpot and grill alot.
This is what we are having for the week

Today: Rachael Ray's tuna burgers. They were awesome! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/crunchy-tuna-burger-recipe/index.html
chicken fajitas and spanish rice
french dip steak sandwiches with homemade french onion soup (Tuesday)
hamburgers
Brats homemade coleslaw
bacon tomato and avocado sandwiches
boneless chicken breast stuffed with blue cheese and a potoato

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter