Southwest vacations amazing Disney ticket deal

It would be difficult for anyone to truly confirm to you that you did everything correctly and that you will be getting your tickets. I would suggest you call Southwest give them your confirmation number and ask them if the tickets are included and when will the ticket voucher be sent out.

Agreed with this. I was curious too and went to the Southwest website as well. You need to manually select the MYW tickets from the "modify things to do" section in order for them to be added to the package.
Except the special 4 day tickets aren't an add-on option when you go through the whole process.

You can't add these tickets! Under the "modify things to do" tab, you can add other Disney tickets like base and park hopper, but not 4 park MAGIC TICKETS. These are different ones that when you use to promo code on the qualifying dates, all it says it that this promo is applied (like it's a package deal) and you cannot add them. So where are they?! lol

It would be difficult for anyone to truly confirm to you that you did everything correctly and that you will be getting your tickets. I would suggest you call Southwest give them your confirmation number and ask them if the tickets are included and when will the ticket voucher be sent out.
To clarify, Southwest Airlines and Southwest vacations are not the same thing.

Because this is more of a Transportation package promotion by Southwest, moving to Transportation where others may have booked this promo.

I wouldn't purchase until you've talked to someone at Southwest Vacations who knows more about this promo. I priced it out for 1 adult, 1 jr and 2 kids at CSR and it was about $1650, only $575 more than the 4-day Magic tix directly from WDW. But, $575 for 4 rt flights and 4 nights at CSR seems like a too-good-to-be-true kind of deal. That's basically like getting the flights for free (assuming discount on std rooms directly through WDW). I'd just be very sure that I was actually getting what I thought I was getting.

But, $575 for 4 rt flights and 4 nights at CSR seems like a too-good-to-be-true kind of deal. That's basically like getting the flights for free (assuming discount on std rooms directly through WDW). I'd just be very sure that I was actually getting what I thought I was getting.

I know! That's what I'm thinking that it's too good to be true. I've tried talking to a SW vacations rep on the phone and they didn't know!! I would've booked it right there, but now , I have to sit and wait and HOPE I can get an answer from someone tomorrow. I'm going to go into a travel agent and see what they say.

I know! That's what I'm thinking that it's too good to be true. I've tried talking to a SW vacations rep on the phone and they didn't know!! I would've booked it right there, but now , I have to sit and wait and HOPE I can get an answer from someone tomorrow. I'm going to go into a travel agent and see what they say.
How can they not know what they are selling?

A travel agent isn't going to do you any good. Southwest doesn't go through them, do they?

Yeah- it was a joke- I couldn't believe they couldn't help me. I'm not sure if a travel agent can help, but it's worth a try, I guess. I'll also try calling SWV again tomorrow,

Says you can call and book. Why not do that? Don't call and ask the question, call to book and ask for them to specify everything you get before you finalize and pay
1-800-243-8372

Thanks for looking, AngiTN! I appreciate it!

That's a good idea, but that offer is with that special promo code, though. I should mention that, right?

Thanks for looking, AngiTN! I appreciate it!

That's a good idea, but that offer is with that special promo code, though. I should mention that, right?
Yes, you would call them and tell them you want to book that promo, with that code
Give them your dates and go from there.
Let them tell you about ticket choices
If they are booking it they have to know what's included.

Yeah that's another way of approaching it. They would have to know then, right?! I would certainly hope so! I'll try it in the morning and let you know what they say.

The rep still wasn't familiar with this code- but then she asked her supervisor.

Ok, so it's only for off-site hotels! That is VERY misleading because when you enter the promo code, it says it's applied and it only brings up Disney hotels! I can now see where you would add these magic tickets but only when you click on a hotel other than Disney. That's disappointing. But I'm glad I finally found out. That was driving me crazy.

This is just false advertising on Southwest Vacations part. If you go to Southwestvacations.com and click on Deals and Disney Parks deals you will see they have PICTURES of Disney hotels and underneath it says "Save upto $200 + value priced magic ticket!" But apparently you cannot get a value priced ticket with a Disney hotel for some reason. Shame on you, Southwest, for this extremely false advertising!

ok- rant over!..:mad:

Says you can call and book. Why not do that? Don't call and ask the question, call to book and ask for them to specify everything you get before you finalize and pay
1-800-243-8372

In theory, but calling isn't always an option with SWA to get the lowest rates. Live agents cost money, so many companies prefer to have customers book electronically. Just as WDW is moving in this direction, SWA has long been there.

Now to be fair, I've never actually booked a vacation via SWA vacations.

Because the general caveat when it comes to packages like this is that they are non-refundable. Most often, you get the same prices but much better terms booking your air and hotel via each website. Actually, most companies tend to dislike third party websites altogether.

In general, companies make more money when you use their sites, so they reward loyalty with better customer service.

That's not to say one should never take a deal through a third party, it just pays to know all the terms.

In theory, but calling isn't always an option with SWA to get the lowest rates. Live agents cost money, so many companies prefer to have customers book electronically. Just as WDW is moving in this direction, SWA has long been there.

Now to be fair, I've never actually booked a vacation via SWA vacations.

Because the general caveat when it comes to packages like this is that they are non-refundable. Most often, you get the same prices but much better terms booking your air and hotel via each website. Actually, most companies tend to dislike third party websites altogether.

In general, companies make more money when you use their sites, so they reward loyalty with better customer service.

That's not to say one should never take a deal through a third party, it just pays to know all the terms.
The goal wasn't to book/get the lowest rate so much as the goal was to find out what was included. OP got their answer because they called when it was otherwise, too hidden to find online

This is just false advertising on Southwest Vacations part. If you go to Southwestvacations.com and click on Deals and Disney Parks deals you will see they have PICTURES of Disney hotels and underneath it says "Save upto $200 + value priced magic ticket!" But apparently you cannot get a value priced ticket with a Disney hotel for some reason. Shame on you, Southwest, for this extremely false advertising!

ok- rant over!..:mad:
I think the key is the code. The code shown with that deal is not the same. It's a different promo code. It's SAVEIN2017

They are tricky with the advertising but not sure it's false for that reason

When I went to the site and poked around, I found two promo codes offered.

One of the offers? - had the claim you quoted above, "save up to $200 + value priced tickets." the promo code is "savein2017" Which seems to be good for $200 off any hotel if the total is over $2,500. Maybe what they are really saying is that you get $200 off your room - AND you can buy the 'specially priced" Magic tickets.

There is a second code, via a different webpage: "WDWRESORT." To find it, go to the tab for WDW deals. (There is also a "UNIVERSAL" promo code, but I don't know what it does.) When you pick your hotel room, some options say DEAL at the front, like DEALstandard for a standard view room. It would seem those are the rooms where this deal applies, but I agree- when you go through all the details- nothing says specifically that it includes the 4 day tickets.

When you get to the options for adding a ticket, the magic ticket isn't one of your options.

Last, when I walked through the options yesterday, the site said the WDWRESORT deal expired yesterday- though it appears a new deal with the same code name is active today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter