Something About Nothing............ #14

Hope Schumi got off okay, and will have a safe travel driving. Have a very merry Christmas with your family and friends.

Happy birthday to Charade’s DH.
Charade, great pictures and glad you are having a good time there. Enjoy the Elvis show today. And congratulations to B, for a good semester.

Good morning. We too are at 5 degrees right now. Won’t rise to 6 degrees until after sunrise at close to 7:30 this morning. And so balmy. The high, 17 degrees, won’t be seen until 4 pm today. Clear sky. And I decided to not stay outside much, to see that clear sky. Beautiful cold morning, quiet but for traffic heard on the main road a half a block from us. Will be a busy day, as almost all is open, though many said will have shorter hours.

And so, I was thinking not much we need to do today. Though due to kids wanting groceries that I thought we had enough of, but I guess all consumed much faster to have only the trash from empty cartons. Thus, may brave the big box store, as I’m going to get double what they want. And then, little one saw I had a credit at the one store, that I haven’t used yet. She ordered from it to use it, last night. Pick up from that largest mall store today, as said would be ready. Wish me luck. I assume crowds, as last day open for almost all.

Sigh. 20 degrees below freezing much of today, with high wind, damaging wind conditions, almost all day. Wind chills, yes. Like feeling like -12 degrees, yes, negative numbers this pre dawn time. Won’t get much better after the sunrise either. But there will be a gloriously sunny day, with such clear skies so far. So there’s that.

So a super stupendous Saturday to all. Christmas Eve. Time to start shopping if you haven’t started yet, or like me, and kids giving me a reason to get out today. And light that candle in the menorahs tonight. And if not blown away, our neighbors should be placing tea lights in white bags, along the curbs in our neighborhood tonight. I love seeing those. So pretty to line my street, and throughout my little neighborhood.

Hehe, T minus less than a day for Robo’s Christmas countdown. What a cutie your little guy is. Great baking you’ve been doing, and yes, I’m a cinnamon bun fan too. Warm, and with white icing, yum.

Time for more tea. It’s cool out there homies. Stay warm and happy today homies.

Good morning everyone. Merry Christmas Eve.

It is 15 hours before Christmas.

3228EBF5-F1BC-4FE9-9C36-36D8549DDD3A.gif

F30161F5-37C4-45B2-8763-DCFFBE151675.gif

B6C7FD36-C1BB-4040-8021-366F5E20BD21.gif

99F5A2FE-BDFC-4300-A755-6A1E2A707804.gif

BB9FCB21-A29E-4577-97E0-257613FB1D5D.gif

A90F1124-5FBE-45EF-AFA2-41753F9BF68B.gif

Robbie
You always top yourself when you host holiday dinners.
Wish I was a family member
Thank you Mac. You are a family member. You created the Sans family here for all of us.

2EB14AF5-32F7-447D-A58C-D68D55794D29.gif

However, looking forward to heading up to Scotland tomorrow to be with my family up there.
Safe travels up to Scotland. Enjoy your family time. Have a Merry Christmas.

C3A64CA4-9B7B-4EDA-B535-79FF28283947.jpeg

After lunch B and I toured the crime museum while dh shopped at the knife store.
Tonight we did a drive through light show
Sounds like you all are having a great time. The light pictures are pretty.

Happy Birthday to your hubby.

CADC73D3-DF1B-46B8-B6A2-E13BED8AA0EB.gif

Hehe, T minus less than a day for Robo’s Christmas countdown. What a cutie your little guy is. Great baking you’ve been doing, and yes, I’m a cinnamon bun fan too. Warm, and with white icing, yum.

Yes, the festivities start here at around 2 pm. All the baking is done and just some last minute set up to do. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lynne hope your visit to the store is easy and driving conditions are safe.

I’am wishing all our Sans family a very Merry Christmas Eve.

9FEDFF09-7429-4691-AA5F-B2A40FBDBDB3.gif

Thanks Robo. Hope your Christmas is glorious with family and friends.

Was not bad at all, as roads are white with salt and clear, while some slow traffic that had no reason to be in the fast lane, was not as bad of traffic then expected. Best, while had parked a little far from big box store, so was a cold walk to and fro, scores in the store. Not only was gift card discounted, extra 20 off. Yay, both kids will be happy. And, even better? The very end of checkout lanes, was a checker with nothing to do. When he saw me, waved and shouted I have no line, come. And so, one of the fastest I’ve ever checked out of there. Then went to Target, and while waiting for car as had light on waiting for car to leave, we saw the first spot open, and why waiting car did not take? Bam, I did. So close to the store. Then, older one had been looking for, and really wanting the one kind of newest game console. Lo and behold, they not only had only one left, but the version and only way to get a game’s version on said console, was to buy that one that was still left. Score. And will be a very very happy older one. I don’t think he knows I’d find such. Hehe, I do like to surprise my kids sometimes. Mostly, they know what I bought of their lists.

Back, and relaxing, tea and deciding to open a new puzzle. Kids want to go out for coffee and whatever else they decide to go to. Told little one when she comes back, she can help me wrap.

Perfect Christmas Eve day here.

Sounds like everyone is all set for Christmas!

Get a good sleep so early morning tomorrow you can rip the gifts of wrapped paper off to see what Santa has left for you

Hope no one gets a stocking of coal…but if you do, come sit next to me
There always the easter bunny to count on for treats in 4 months from now

Cold day here
We and everyone near us, lost their heat last night
At 3am.
But many in our town had a black out also.
We did get heat back on in the afternoon today, but couple hours ago, the heat pump is failing
No idea if we get a brown out again

It’s cold in most states now and have read some states have it worse than we do.

Next week at this time, all will be back to normal if weather predictions hold true for GA

Don’t let the weather ruin you Christmas day.
eat, drink and be merry tomorrow and share with us !

Merry Christmas 2022 homies!!
Getting close to when you can open you gifts!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes for dh. He had a great day today. We went for brunch and then drove around until it was time for the Elvis tribute show.
E8D37013-1188-4FCF-9C30-C3FD8E9FFED7.jpeg
The show was great and dh loved it when Elvis sang Happy Birthday to him.
Dinner was at a really nice steakhouse.
Dh is now “watching” college football. In other words, the TV is tuned to a football game, but dh is asleep.

I’m not sure what we will do tomorrow. A lot of places are closed even though this is a tourist town. We do have dinner reservations for tomorrow evening though.

How fun a day for you Charade. Mostly no restaurants open, we found when we had Christmas Day in SD. Drove around seeking one, and ended up at Mickey D’s.

All wrapping done. Just chilling, as two are online playing, DH sound asleep, and I’m screen watching. Ready for bed soon enough though.

Told kids, I want to go out for breakfast tomorrow, at one of our favorite Jewish deli and restaurant. Their challah French toast is delicious, and their home fries are delicious too. May take home a half loaf of rye bread.

Ah yes, for Robo’s countdown is zero. As such,
44486470-E2BD-485C-92E4-14F474464CB7.gif To all!

599DD9F2-6ACD-40C8-A5FC-903E23EC494D.jpeg

Merry, merry Christmas…….:santa:

This was our early morning walk today. I forget how much darker it is in the morning up here than we are. This was around 8.30, just after breakfast which was gorgeous!

ED7C1809-7E83-460C-B155-F36E9A7E46C5.jpeg

Hotel lobby

FA460FF0-943B-4F30-BA03-9885A9666F3C.jpeg

And about 5 minutes ago.

Such a beautiful place. It’s cool and quite windy, but, so fresh.

267F484A-D60A-4779-8B9E-4C0FFB947CA4.jpeg

This time last year

FFE44051-05C9-4A56-94A5-1B55D3CFA486.jpeg

Going to get changed into our Christmassy outfits now we’ve had our walk, head to my mums then early afternoon go to my sister and brother in laws where everyone will be for the rest of the day and Christmas dinner.

Have a Happy Christmas.

Merry Christmas to Schumi and Robo.

Hotel looks pretty and yay, for no snow this year Schumi. Beautiful scenery.

Robo, hope you are enjoying a cup of coffee before all come to enjoy.

Tea and quiet. How nice is that? Holiday Sunday, and hope all have a fantastic time today, no matter what you are doing.

Beached whales we all are. Delicious dinner, tasty desserts. Was nice to enjoy meal with 2 of my 4 siblings. One out West enjoying the holiday with his daughter, the other, sadly sick with the virus, even though boosted twice and not sure where he picked it up, as has not been out very much. Made up meals for him and wife, and we dropped off at their doorstep, so they could enjoy the meal we had. Now back chilling.

Told little one, if she wants to go out tomorrow, she needs to wake up earlier. We shall see. Older one gets to work on the federal holiday. Tea for me, and enjoyed seeing neighbors’ lights and decor as seen on drive home.

Hope all has a wonderful weekend, and will be enjoying this holiday for some, Monday.

Today was probably the most unusual Christmas we’ve ever had. The first place we tried for brunch has over a 2 hour wait. The next 2 places weren’t much better. I googled to see what was open and we ended up at Hard Rock Cafe with absolutely no wait.
After lunch we toured a magician’s house. It’s a very old house that he has restored and decorated as close to the original time period as he could. Each room has a different theme and was also decorated for Christmas. It was really cool.
For supper we went to a pirate themed dinner theater. The show was really fun with a lot of acrobatics.

Tomorrow we go to Dollywood and then head home on Tuesday.

Hoping everyone had a pleasant and peaceful Christmas Day. I know not everybody is with the ones they miss. First time my brother has gone down to my nephew in London so a big change for us all.

I cooked our Christmas turkey the previous Sunday as we had the grandchildren at home for the week before. We had another special meal on Wednesday with my son and little one as DIL was working away. Then Christmas Eve we had a special meal too.

Yesterday we enjoyed our day though sadly the children had to leave in the afternoon but then we went out for our Christmas Day meal with my daughter to our favourite place. First time ever on Christmas but we really enjoyed it. The meal was delicious and absolutely no rush so by the time we returned home it was pj’s on and feet up with the tv. Would not do it with the children until older but definitely if just us again.

Sadly granddaughter rang late upset and wanting to come home but her Mummy managed to cheer her up and hopes to talk to her again today. So tough and stressful.

Beautiful weather here today so we will have a walk, tidy up a little and eat more food!

Our construction work was only completed just before Christmas but the driveway and hardstanding in the garden look really good now and it was the last part of our house renovation.

Best wishes to all x

Real, nice to enjoy time with family. I hope all have a wonderful 2023. And nice, your renovations were done just before the holiday. Hoping to hear more adventures you and family go on.

It’s a Monday, Boxing Day, and big return items and sales day for almost all of us. And thankful for a recognized holiday day for me.

Quiet enough, as only older one works today. But he’s not going to get there until much later the morning. Like hoping little one and I are out the door before he is. Told her, there will be crowds, so the earlier, the better.

So for now, it’s been tea and the big tv remote. Early week day is not much better for new programming, but for news. But ever so happy, lazy start.

Thus, a most Marvelous Monday. The last one in December. Woot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter