• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Well, we are cold enough for snow. Just overcast and cold, as 24 degrees out. But yay, three days of wall to walk sun, with temps rising to 61 degrees predicted to be the first of January. Rainy weekend, but yay for sone warmer weather.

Think it’s time for a very late dinner. What happens when in lazy mode.

Today has been interesting. I started off the day by going online and putting our names on a waitlist for a popular breakfast restaurant. When we got there I was told that we weren’t on the list. I was asked if I got a text message. No, but I have the confirmation from the restaurant web page. The hostess said she couldn’t do anything, so dh asked for the manager. We got seated within 10 minutes.
Dollywood delayed their opening until 1:00 today, so we did a little shopping first and then went to Dollywood. We saw 2 shows and then it started snowing. We were waiting for a third show when they made an announcement that they were closing the park. We had only been there for about 3 hours. I was disappointed because I wanted to see the lights at night. I got a couple of pictures before we left.
Traffic was horrendous on the parkway, we got off the road for awhile and had dinner. We are now just hanging out in our hotel room.
Tomorrow we go home.

3EC9B7F8-6DDE-4FA3-AC48-DAA71F228468.jpeg

904885F1-815F-492A-B275-97641BA9F3C2.jpeg

That’s a shame the weather really messed up your trip, but at least you did quite a bit while there, Charade. Safe travels tomorrow.

That’s a shame the show was cut short but still good you were able to catch two of them charade

Hope you have safe travels tomorrow for heading home
and no icy roads.

Hey all, happy holiday wishes to all!

View attachment 727576
RL has been intruding on our holiday season’s vibe. I’m putting all my chips on
View attachment 727579

Sounds like a plan Janet…….. :wave2:

Today has been interesting. I started off the day by going online and putting our names on a waitlist for a popular breakfast restaurant. When we got there I was told that we weren’t on the list. I was asked if I got a text message. No, but I have the confirmation from the restaurant web page. The hostess said she couldn’t do anything, so dh asked for the manager. We got seated within 10 minutes.
Dollywood delayed their opening until 1:00 today, so we did a little shopping first and then went to Dollywood. We saw 2 shows and then it started snowing. We were waiting for a third show when they made an announcement that they were closing the park. We had only been there for about 3 hours. I was disappointed because I wanted to see the lights at night. I got a couple of pictures before we left.
Traffic was horrendous on the parkway, we got off the road for awhile and had dinner. We are now just hanging out in our hotel room.
Tomorrow we go home.

View attachment 727723

View attachment 727724

Glad you got your breakfast, but sorry you didn’t get to spend the day in the park and see the lights, I imagine they’d be really pretty.

Safe travels home.

Another wild and very woolly day here, wind and rain with added sleet and light snow have been the only weather we’ve seen apart from a couple of short bursts of bright sunshine now and again. It’ll be pitch black here for another couple of hours, not really getting light till around 8.30ish. It’s been very cold but we’ve had a lovely time.

Spending time with family has been lovely and we’ve had some beautiful restaurant dinners on Christmas Eve and last night too. Hotel has been wonderful too.

But, can’t believe all the shops were open yesterday……sorry, no interest in dragging round shops on Boxing Day, no thanks.

Long drive ahead of us today, heading for a very early breakfast then we’ll stop at the border for a quick lunch, and take out tonight. Our Christmas guests will still be there, think they’re going home Thursday if flights are sorted out.

Hailstones are banging against the window now, going to be another cold one.

Beautiful winter sunset :)

9728CA3A-2471-49D4-845F-3E0E11471441.jpeg

Safe travels to Schumi too. Wild weather indeed.

Ack Keisha, but glad you are okay when the day is done. Goes for all your family.

Ah a Tuesday here. Maybe day Mac has a Taco Bell meal.

Quiet enough, though noisy traffic and even heard the freight train, second day in a row. I don’t hear it that often, but it is always very early in the morning. I assume so it has little impact to the local train line, as that kind does not start until around 5 am. Our train lines are used both for freight transport and people transport, both for local and the NE corridor.

And so, that week ending of the year. I hope all have a great week, and a most fabulous new year. And today, try to eat a taco 🌮, as a perfect hand held meal. Terrific Taco Tuesday homies.

Good morning everyone. We are getting ready to go home. I was the first one up (as usual) so now I am just waiting on everyone else.

My boss gave me a really nice bonus this year, so barring any emergencies I should be able to take my trip to Universal in September.

Safe travels for Schumi today.

Safe driving, Charade. And yay, would be nice if we could meet up next September. I’m already booked at RPR, and waiting until SW releases fares. Then by May, I start the rental car rinse and repeat, hoping for a best lowest price. Little one wants a Spring trip. I am thinking we shall see. I would like to do Mardi Gras one year.

Good morning everyone. We are getting ready to go home. I was the first one up (as usual) so now I am just waiting on everyone else.

My boss gave me a really nice bonus this year, so barring any emergencies I should be able to take my trip to Universal in September.

Safe travels for Schumi today.

Thank you Charade, it was quite the journey but made it home safe and sound. Hope your journey was a good one too.

Glad you`re going to get on your September trip this year.

Yes, it was quite the journey yesterday. An hour in, we hit snow, sleet, hail and wind....not the best weather to travel in, but we took our time and finally made it home, much later than usual. England wasn`t too bad at all, awful weather was all in Scotland.

We were just heading into the nasty weather at this point.

i-6Bkmw8n-M.jpg

But, had a fabulous time up there, it was freezing cold, but we did make a couple of walk along the beach by the hotel, very short walks I have to say!

Family time was lovely, we enjoyed seeing everyone, my mum looked so good and we enjoyed some lovely meals out and Christmas Day itself was perfect, my sister and brother prepared a lovely meal for all of us. And we all got some lovely gifts too. And when we got home we had all our presents to share with each other.

Our house guests are still here, they are no trouble at all and you`d never know anyone had been here. We ordered Chinese food for all of us last night and couldn`t eat another thing after that. Except some champagne of course.

Today planning a day in, well, I may have to go out for a new hairdryer as mine died this morning. It was almost dry, and I always keep a spare, but went to get it and it`s not there. I think I must have given it to one of my friends and forgot. Haven`t a clue who it was......so will order a new one and see if it can be delivered tomorrow, or else I`ll go out today and get one.

Apart from that, day of laundry and putting away all our gifts and have a ham in the oven slow roasting for dinner tonight and snacks tomorrow. Our guests fly home tomorrow so they leave around 4.30am to get down to London. Will say goodbye tonight, it`s been lovely seeing them though.

Cheese and charcuterie for lunch, won`t eat much of the cheese except the Brie.....but love us some charcuterie.

Time for more tea as I think our sleepyhead guests are moving around, will sort them some breakfast, table is already set so will see what they feel like.

i-RdKST6d-S.png

i-ZmNHZqR-S.jpg

cv63-Th.jpg

Happy Wednesday 🥂

Mac, I hope you got back to sleep. Not getting a good night’s sleep is no good for all. I’m sorry you had a noisy bed mate.

Glad to hear you returned home, Schumi, and time with family is the best. Hope getting a new hair dryer is easy for you today. They are sold here in many stores.

Ah yes,
FC12063E-2731-40BD-A8AE-4A8B31247837.jpeg

Camel is here to remind all, that this year, the holidays matched up to have a Saturday, week ending night, to party as the Eves. And so, get over this hump feeling kind of mid week day, and then you get that fabulous feeling Friday, and the remembering, super last day of the year, Saturday. And then that welcome to not only next year, but starting January on the first day of the week, Sunday.

Partly cloudy this morning, but the temps are still starting below freezing. Outdoor temp said 24 degrees as I quickly dashed outside for a trash toss in the can. And it’s still no better now. But the afternoon will see 42 degrees, so getting warmer, and those clouds will leave by lunchtime. Hence, sunglasses will be in my bag if we go anywhere before that glorious blue sky with full sun shining.

Little one said maybe the further away outlets today. I said, then you have to get moving faster this morning. Yesterday, we did not get moving until close to 2pm. Hehe, when we were on our way home, after getting gas, and doing some grocery shopping, with a late lunch in there, she said look, it’s close to 5 already. Well yeah, if you lazy, and sleep the whole morning away, with the shorter daylight days still, you don’t get much day to be out in.

And so, little one also said was having a sore feeling throat, yesterday. I said to take medicine. And she did. By last night, she said her soreness went away. I take it as she was not drinking enough. So what she is feeling today? We shall see if we get a morning start today.

Therefore, I hope all have a wonderful Wednesday. Get those pots and pans ready to bang, as see camel’s ready to party to celebrate the new year coming this weekend. Woot! With the federal holiday observing the new year day, another bonus 3 day weekend. Yay! While enjoying this week of lazy, means a Monday feeling Taco Tuesday will start the shorter week day routine. Woot!

Tea for me too this morning. And quiet. DH is in lazy mod too, so he’s almost ready to go to visit mum. And older one works today, so a little one and me most of the day, and I get that quiet morning most of it I’m sure. As I won’t wake little one, and older one will probably be the first up. Though I am hoping to see little one around that time he gets up. As he’s not an early bird, his schedule is late morning starts. Perfect fit for him.

Ah, even on a week day, early morning is a crap shoot as to new or new to me shows, with some being first aired in as early as the early 2000’s. Sigh. Clearly programming doesn’t think enough watching in these wee hour mornings. So background noise for me many wee hour morning times.

Hope all have a wonderful morning too.

Stay warm schumi when you go shopping for the hair dryer!

You have some cold weather to deal with

Thanks mac, we have plenty of choice as they sell them everywhere including all grocery stores, but I ordered one from the place I usually get them......and Kyle is going to pick it up for me this afternoon as he`s dropping something off for us too.

I sent out a round robin txt asking if anyone remembers "borrowing" a hairdryer from me in the last year.......lol.....crickets so far....they`re funny, it might just turn up on my doorway one day with a note saying "oops I forgot" lol......

Not too bad here mac, much milder than Scotland thankfully, although rain is bucketing down now!

Mr Mac has been snoring since midnight
I am waiting for when he wakes up so I can go back to bed

Wish me luck

I get cranky when I don’t sleep….

Oh lordy.......the snoring man!!!! And it`s amazing when I shake Tom to turn him, he`s always magically "awake" lol......

Yes, sleep deprivation is not fun, hope you got back and had a restful sleep!!!

Finished the laundry, made breakfast for our guests who loved Eggs Benedict, think they were surprised as they expected toast or cereal!!! Not in my home you don`t......they`ve set off to visit her mum for the rest of the day as they leave tomorrow.

Still listening to Christmas music in the kitchen, it`ll be over soon enough, so make the most of it while we can. This afternoon will be a lazy one again, nibbling on charcuterie and goodies while watching a movie of something or other while the rain batters down outside.

I`m always glad to avoid the stores this time of year, never go near them, not interested in shopping at the best of times, but this time of year.....full of folks after bargains and they can be dreadful!!! Happy to stay home and be pampered by my husband who has put some Sauvage on that I got him for part of his Christmas gifts......it is gorgeous 🥰

Happy post Christmas everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas. I have been MIA around here because there was so much to do before Christmas! I am lucky that all the kids have taken over the Christmas dinners from us. We all contribute food and I made the Pumpkin pies. It was a lot of fun with good food , desserts, and games. I love this time of year, but when it's over, its over for me. I put away all the Christmas decorations on the 26th, and just have the wall hangings left to take down. Is anyone else this way after Christmas?

The weather was frigid with high winds. Pumpkin knows how that feels, LOL. But we made it and had a great time.

Our 6 month old great grandson, Rowan, was the star of the holidays. I don't think his bottom hit the ground for the whole 2 days, LOL. Adam and Tirzah are lucky to have a calm, mild, happy and cheerful baby for the first one.

Again, Happy New Year and a late Merry Christmas,]

ruth

I did get some sleep once it was 5 ish this morning
Cats woke me up at 9

and then they went back to snoozing ….
How nice it must be for the life of a cat

Temps will be decent here today
By days later, could be 60
but I’ll believe it when it happens

I am tired of cold weather

Glad you got back to sleep, snooze if you feel like it all day!

Yes, cats do have a decent life......don`t blame you for being fed up with cold weather, we still have our worst months to come, and America seems to be sending us the remnants of that nasty storm soon!!! Just what we need.

Happy post Christmas everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas. I have been MIA around here because there was so much to do before Christmas! I am lucky that all the kids have taken over the Christmas dinners from us. We all contribute food and I made the Pumpkin pies. It was a lot of fun with good food , desserts, and games. I love this time of year, but when it's over, its over for me. I put away all the Christmas decorations on the 26th, and just have the wall hangings left to take down. Is anyone else this way after Christmas?

The weather was frigid with high winds. Pumpkin knows how that feels, LOL. But we made it and had a great time.

Our 6 month old great grandson, Rowan, was the star of the holidays. I don't think his bottom hit the ground for the whole 2 days, LOL. Adam and Tirzah are lucky to have a calm, mild, happy and cheerful baby for the first one.

Again, Happy New Year and a late Merry Christmas,]

ruth

Glad you had such a lovely Christmas Ruth and your little one sounds adorable, it is glorious to have little ones around, so cute and this time of year it`s ideal for getting together. You had it much colder than us, we only had -7c......too cold for me, but I braved the beach for a walk twice! I`ll get some pictures on to the TR if I can....soon, or when I can find them again!!

Our decorations stay up till Jan 2nd, I`d have them down on New Years Day, but Tom likes them up for that full day as we always make a special meal and drink nice wines, so I don`t mind. But, if you like them down, you do what works for you.....:thumbsup2

But, always good to see you Ruth :wave2:

Had a lovely cosy afternoon, nibbles and some movies. Getting so lazy, but why not, it`s Christmas.

Honey baked ham was very nice, I was happy our house guests joined us for dinner as did Kyle, so it was a lovely little meal. I made an apple and blackberry pie as it`s one of my godsons favourites, I made the right decision, with some home made custard, everyone`s plates were cleared of everything. I don`t think there`s any ham left for nibbling, but that`s a good thing.

Going to watch the Ricky Gervais movie Ghost Town tonight, haven`t seen it for a while, but we do enjoy it.

Blowing a hoolie outside, it`s whistling like an old black and white thriller out there.

Glad you got back to sleep, snooze if you feel like it all day!

Yes, cats do have a decent life......don`t blame you for being fed up with cold weather, we still have our worst months to come, and America seems to be sending us the remnants of that nasty storm soon!!! Just what we need.

Glad you had such a lovely Christmas Ruth and your little one sounds adorable, it is glorious to have little ones around, so cute and this time of year it`s ideal for getting together. You had it much colder than us, we only had -7c......too cold for me, but I braved the beach for a walk twice! I`ll get some pictures on to the TR if I can....soon, or when I can find them again!!

Our decorations stay up till Jan 2nd, I`d have them down on New Years Day, but Tom likes them up for that full day as we always make a special meal and drink nice wines, so I don`t mind. But, if you like them down, you do what works for you.....:thumbsup2

But, always good to see you Ruth :wave2:

Had a lovely cosy afternoon, nibbles and some movies. Getting so lazy, but why not, it`s Christmas.

Honey baked ham was very nice, I was happy our house guests joined us for dinner as did Kyle, so it was a lovely little meal. I made an apple and blackberry pie as it`s one of my godsons favourites, I made the right decision, with some home made custard, everyone`s plates were cleared of everything. I don`t think there`s any ham left for nibbling, but that`s a good thing.

Going to watch the Ricky Gervais movie Ghost Town tonight, haven`t seen it for a while, but we do enjoy it.

Blowing a hoolie outside, it`s whistling like an old black and white thriller out there.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, too, Carole,
I just wanted you to know that you have inspired me to try harder with the cooking. I have gotten out the cook books and have bought different ingredients for some new recipes. I'm actually looking forward to trying those.
My husband will be sending you a thank you card soon, LOL,

ruth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter