SOLD OUT "Cocktail" Tasting 2.0 - for Tue the 14th 4PM

Which cocktails should be part of the tasting? Choose three (3) -

• Mojito - mint, sugar, lemon juice, light rum, club soda

• Mango - margarita tequila, mango liqueur, lime juice

• Conch Cooler - dark rum, light rum, OJ, passion fruit juice, cream of coconut, ice

• Coco Cadillac - A DCL fave (recipe unknown)

• Tropical Depression-coconut rum,raspberry liqueur,creme de banana,pineapple,OJ,cranberry juice

• Rude Cosmo - tequila, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, splash of lime juice

• Bahama Mama - coffee liqueur, dark rum, coconut liqueur, 151 proof rum, lemons, pineapple juice

• Vodka / Dirty Martini -vodka, dry vermouth, olive juice, olives

• Appletini - vodka, Sour Apple Pucker schnapps, apple juice

• Lemon Drop Martini - vodka, triple sec, margarita mix, sugar, lemon juice

• Pomegranate Martini - citrus vodka, lemon juice, pomegranate juice, simple syrup

• Candy Cane Martini - vanilla vodka, white crème de cacao, peppermint schnapps

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've posted the list of confirmed attendees in post one and here. I know there are a good many that will be disappointed. I was overwhelmed will all the requests and in the end, DCL could not provide the perfect alternative I was looking for to increase the venue. Hopefully next time.

Those of you who made the list PLEASE let me know should you decide not to do the tasting. I will back fill from the waitlist.

Again, sorry to those who could not get in. I'll see you during the Pirate Night Party! pirate:

CocktailTasting50111710.jpg

Thanks George!
We didn't make it, but that's OK. It's not like we won;t be able to find something else to do. ;)

Thanks for your hard work at putting this and the wine tasting together. :thumbsup2

No worries, George. It's not like there are no other opportunities and locations for cocktails on the ship. ;) Don't beat yourself up about it. I think people realize that if they hadn't seen the post when you first posted, there was a good possibility for being shut out.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it! :hug:

George you have done a fantastic job with this. Thank you. Don't worry, we all owe you a couple of drinks.

Kim

I can't believe I missed this! ;) More importantly, did you get these recipes directly from DCL? The Tropical Depression is showing totally different than what it used to be. :eek: If they changed my favorite drink I may need to add to my packing list. ;)

I can't believe I missed this! ;) More importantly, did you get these recipes directly from DCL? The Tropical Depression is showing totally different than what it used to be. :eek: If they changed my favorite drink I may need to add to my packing list. ;)

These are not the exact DCL recipes but the drinks are what they do on the ship. I just used a generic recipe to describe. Some could be the same. I'm sure they have not changed your drink.

Thanks! That makes me fel better! ;) The Tropical Depression that is (was?) on the ship is gin, rum, vodka, blue curacao, sprite, grenandine, and sweet & sour mix. Here's the menu....
18156_1344239210156_1356521475_978967_6619122_n.jpg

George,

I was wondering if the number of people on the waitlist would provide a sufficient number in order to request DCL if they could put on a second tasting event. Looking at a previous Navigator, the 7pm timeframe on Castaway Cay day might provide an open venue/timeslot. Do you think this would be possible??

Mike

George,

I was wondering if the number of people on the waitlist would provide a sufficient number in order to request DCL if they could put on a second tasting event. Looking at a previous Navigator, the 7pm timeframe on Castaway Cay day might provide an open venue/timeslot. Do you think this would be possible??

Mike

Hi Mike. Good thought but I've been all over this with them. Not sure what nav you are talking about but 7pm is right in the middle of dinner service. The crew is maxed out then. It's not possible.

The only option for folks who did not get in is to find a tasting that DCL is offering and sign up for that.

Why don't we (those that didn't make the list) just decide to meet at one of the bars or lounges at a certain time? Personally, I like the Promenade Lounge.

I have never been on the Wonder but I was thinking that if there is a group that did not make the cut off for the tasting, perhaps we could all meet up at a bar for a "Pre Sail Away From Castaway Tropical Drink Social"? Does anyone know if there is a bar (maybe out side with music or just a nice lounge) to gather at?

Why don't we (those that didn't make the list) just decide to meet at one of the bars or lounges at a certain time? Personally, I like the Promenade Lounge.

I have never been on the Wonder but I was thinking that if there is a group that did not make the cut off for the tasting, perhaps we could all meet up at a bar for a "Pre Sail Away From Castaway Tropical Drink Social"? Does anyone know if there is a bar (maybe out side with music or just a nice lounge) to gather at?

WOW Mike...we are of one mind!!!

From memory, there was the Signals Bar and the Overlook Bar, which are both outdoors, but one of them isn't always open. I'm up for anything really.

Hi Mike. Good thought but I've been all over this with them. Not sure what nav you are talking about but 7pm is right in the middle of dinner service. The crew is maxed out then. It's not possible.

The only option for folks who did not get in is to find a tasting that DCL is offering and sign up for that.

Thanks for the quick response George...The Nav was on the wdwinfo site....from like this summer ...something like that...I simple noticed that on that cruise, there was not a DCL event planned in a couple of the lounges at 7pm...just kinda using that as an example. What kind of tastings does DCL run? I don't particularly like martinis or wine, do they do anything else? Thanks again....I learned my lesson..I need to be on the board all the time so I don't miss anything :-)

Mike

Thanks for the quick response George...The Nav was on the wdwinfo site....from like this summer ...something like that...I simple noticed that on that cruise, there was not a DCL event planned in a couple of the lounges at 7pm...just kinda using that as an example. What kind of tastings does DCL run? I don't particularly like martinis or wine, do they do anything else? Thanks again....I learned my lesson..I need to be on the board all the time so I don't miss anything :-)

Mike

Mike I beleive there are tequila tastings and beer tastings that happen. Not sure of the times or days on those. I'll see what I can find out.

Voting closes on Saturday so if you haven't voted yet please do.

(28) Candy Cane Martini is leading this race followed closely by (26) Tropical Depression. These two look to be locked into the menu request.

The battle for third is with (18) Konk Kooler, (18) Rude Cosmo, and (17) Coco Cadillac. Which drink will take the 3rd and final spot on the menu? :confused3

Voting closes on Saturday so if you haven't voted yet please do.

(28) Candy Cane Martini is leading this race followed closely by (26) Tropical Depression. These two look to be locked into the menu request.

The battle for third is with (18) Konk Kooler, (18) Rude Cosmo, and (17) Coco Cadillac. Which drink will take the 3rd and final spot on the menu? :confused3

George,

Can I vote even though I am not going to the tasting?

Mike I beleive there are tequila tastings and beer tastings that happen. Not sure of the times or days on those. I'll see what I can find out.

mmm...I don't do beer AT ALL...and not much for tequila. Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter