SOLD OUT "Cocktail" Tasting 2.0 - for Tue the 14th 4PM

Which cocktails should be part of the tasting? Choose three (3) -

• Mojito - mint, sugar, lemon juice, light rum, club soda

• Mango - margarita tequila, mango liqueur, lime juice

• Conch Cooler - dark rum, light rum, OJ, passion fruit juice, cream of coconut, ice

• Coco Cadillac - A DCL fave (recipe unknown)

• Tropical Depression-coconut rum,raspberry liqueur,creme de banana,pineapple,OJ,cranberry juice

• Rude Cosmo - tequila, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, splash of lime juice

• Bahama Mama - coffee liqueur, dark rum, coconut liqueur, 151 proof rum, lemons, pineapple juice

• Vodka / Dirty Martini -vodka, dry vermouth, olive juice, olives

• Appletini - vodka, Sour Apple Pucker schnapps, apple juice

• Lemon Drop Martini - vodka, triple sec, margarita mix, sugar, lemon juice

• Pomegranate Martini - citrus vodka, lemon juice, pomegranate juice, simple syrup

• Candy Cane Martini - vanilla vodka, white crème de cacao, peppermint schnapps

Results are only viewable after voting.

georgemoe

<font color=royalblue>Beverages? There were bevera
The list of cocktail tasting attendees is now posted. If you decide for some reason that you no longer choose to attend this event, PLEASE, contact me to remove yourself. I still have a waitlist who would like to be included if at all possible.

The waitlist is now closed.

DCL offered up a sharing option that allowed some of the waitlist to be utilized. They didn't have to do this and I appreciate their efforts to accomodate us. :thumbsup2

As of 11/30 -

CocktailTasting50113010.jpg

As a result of the voting and other considerations, the following cocktails are the menu submitted to DCL for pricing. Once I hear back I'll post the pricing.

The cost will be the standard $15 charge. No uplift in price. :cool1:

1) Rude Cosmo
2) Tropical Depression
3) Candy Cane Martini
4) Coco Cadillac
5) Whippletini - equal parts Amaretto, Bailey's, and White Chocolate Godiva

=========================================================

Hello again DIS'ers!

I've set up another private DISer drink tasting on 2.0 that will be held at 4PM Tuesday Castaway Cay Day in the Cadillac Lounge. This tasting will be a custom cocktail tasting and we DISers will vote on the cocktails that will be submitted to DCL to create the menu. There will be five cocktails total and the top three vote getters will be requested for our custom menu. So you can literally have input in "picking your own poison". :woohoo:

The cost will be *variable* per person charged to your stateroom due to the nature of this tasting. The more alcohol in what we request for a menu, the more the per person cost could be. I expect a minimum price to be $15 per person like the wine but more realistically around $20. I will post the final price once established here. Stay tuned.

This will be held on Tuesday 12/14 Castaway Cay day at 4:00PM in the Cadillac Lounge. Those 21 or older are allowed to participate.

To sign up, please send me a PM ONLY with DIS boardname, full names, stateroom number, and email address. Only boardnames and firstnames will be posted here in this thread. The rest of the information is needed for DCL and will not be posted here. Failure to provide this info in a PM to me will result in not being added to the tasting. Posting a reply in this thread is not a sign up. Only PM's accepted.

The sign up will be limited to 50 participants and I will start a waitlist if there is more demand. Waitlist is now closed.

If you must cancel it will have to be 10 days prior to sailing or you will be charged for the tasting. I'm asking that you inform me of any cancellation prior to this by November 29th. This will allow me to communicate with and backfill from the waitlist.

If information changes I will post it here. This is an unofficial 2.0 event and all questions should be posted here in this topic and not directed towards the DISUnplugged team or Dreams Unlimited Travel although I appreciate any support or responses they provide.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you at the tasting!

- George

We're in, PM sent. Thanks George!

ooooohhhh, candy cane martini - how festive!! I'm voting for that one!

Wow!!! Those are some yummy sounding cocktails!!! It was really hard to just choose three!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes1

Voted and pm sent.....had to go for mojito, mango and rude cosmo. They sound good, 5 drinks sounds like a lot, dont think i have ever had 5 drinks in one day. Hopefully I can take it!

You know...I just told my wife I was done changing our spa reservation around (after like three or four changes these past two days) and then you come up with another event we don't want to miss! :rotfl: I swear my calendar is going to explode!

PM sent and voted. Five drinks, even if they are mini....my kind of afternoon.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm glad everyone is having fun with this. I've got a bunch of PM's to process and will have a list of attendees updated sometime tomorrow. Time for bed now. Keep those PM's coming and vote, vote, vote! :cool1:

I voted and pm'd. And Toddles, I don't think I will be sharing this time. :rotfl:

Kim

In case there was any doubt, I will be the martyr and make the sacrifice to finish anyone's drink that they don't care for--unless it is a dirty martini (or I have something to wash away the taste afterward.)

As I know I personally have not said it enough, a big thanks to George for organizing this!:cool1:

:woohoo: :woohoo: This sounds awesome :thumbsup2

PM sent, and I really hope we get the Candy Cane Martini - sounds like my new favourite drink :cloud9: Cannot wait for this, many thanks George :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

George, from now on I'm calling you, "The Booze Pimp!" You da man! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter