Then I placed an order on December 6 that included:

1 Moana men's button up shirt
1 Moana women's t-shirt
1 holiday puzzle
1 Winnie the Pooh plush ornament
1 Tigger plush ornament
1 Piglet plush ornament
1 Owl plush ornament

The plush ornaments were a better price on December 6 by several dollars each, so I decided to place the order for those again and send back the others, except for the Eeyore ornament which was out of stock. I plan to make the ornaments into a baby crib mobile, so I needed the whole set.

So it wasn't until December 15 that I got a shipping notice for my December 6 order. I hadn't gotten anything for my November 26 order. I was worried so I called. They said they were so sorry and would expedite my November 26 order. I said, alright, thank you. Then later that day I got an email saying that the order had been expedited, but that the Eeyore plush ornament was no longer available and could not be fulfilled. I called back and was on the phone for over an hour, but no one would do anything to help me. I ended up ordering the Eeyore ornament from the Disney Parks app for $10 more than it was supposed to cost me, but I really wanted the entire set.

Then when both orders arrived yesterday, not only was the Eeyore plush ornament not there from the November 26 order, but the Mickey Mouse Medium Holiday plush toy was missing from that order as well. And in the December 6 order, the Winnie the Pooh ornament was missing too. So I called this morning and the guy told me that the entire November 26 order had been held for 3 weeks because the Mickey Holiday plush price was wrong in my cart. No one contacted me about the order so I had no idea. I would have said, no problem, ship it at the correct price. And he said that I had been charged for the missing Winnie the Pooh ornament too. So 3 items in my orders were missing and the customer service was absolutely terrible. I had to ask for a manager before the guy would help me. Eventually he sent out a new Winnie the Pooh ornament to replace the one that was missing (but I paid for) and replaced the Mickey Mouse plush with a Winnie the Pooh plush, free of charge. They are supposed to arrive by Dec. 23.

In the end, I pretty much got what I had ordered, but I ended up spending a lot more than they cost and wasted several hours on the phone. I am just so unhappy with my Disney Store shopping experience. I don't know if I will bother shopping there anymore. I just don't understand how Disney parks have such great service and the Disney store is abysmal. I know they aren't operated by the same people, but you would think Disney would care a lot about it's online shopping customers.

I am sorry that happened to you. What a mess. My local store is fantastic with great service, but I have had a terrible time as well with the on line store. Last time I had to return an item from disney.com I did so in store with great results. At this point if I can't get it in person or on a trip I generally don't get it.

The Disney Store still hasn't recovered from when they weren't actually owned and operated by Disney. I think people became accustom to the service they got when the Children's Place operated them that Disney doesn't see the need to give that above and beyond Disney experience. I stopped ordering gifts from them because a couple years ago I ordered a gift a week before I was suppose to go home for Christmas (so December 7 for a December 15 party) and 1 of the items never showed. I called and was told it is 2 days after processing which could be up to 7 business days. I asked why they didn't put that in big bold letters some where. When I pay for 2 day shipping I expect it to be processed and shipped pretty quickly not over a week later. The only thing they would do was cancel the order and so I had to scramble to replace the gift once I made it to where I was going. We just got our black friday order on Friday and found out when we got the order that one of the most looked forward to pieces was missing. I don't know why they couldn't have told us before just a slip was in the box saying this item was unavailable so was not included in the shipping.

The online Disney store is awful with communication. They never notify you if something goes out of stock before they can ship it which I find to be completely irritating. Shipping is painfully slow too.

Wow that's ridiculous. After you receive your ornaments I would email requesting the difference in prices be refunded as they are the ones who messed up the order not you. What are they gonna do? Say no? All you'll be out is an email.

The Disney Store still hasn't recovered from when they weren't actually owned and operated by Disney. I think people became accustom to the service they got when the Children's Place operated them that Disney doesn't see the need to give that above and beyond Disney experience. I stopped ordering gifts from them because a couple years ago I ordered a gift a week before I was suppose to go home for Christmas (so December 7 for a December 15 party) and 1 of the items never showed. I called and was told it is 2 days after processing which could be up to 7 business days. I asked why they didn't put that in big bold letters some where. When I pay for 2 day shipping I expect it to be processed and shipped pretty quickly not over a week later. The only thing they would do was cancel the order and so I had to scramble to replace the gift once I made it to where I was going. We just got our black friday order on Friday and found out when we got the order that one of the most looked forward to pieces was missing. I don't know why they couldn't have told us before just a slip was in the box saying this item was unavailable so was not included in the shipping.

This is exactly what happened with the Winnie the Pooh plush ornament in the second order. Except that I actually got charged for the item and it is is still in stock on their website. I was so angry.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your orders! I don't think the online shopping problems are limited to the Disney Store though. There is another thread on the boards about online order issues and many people are having trouble this year. I personally will avoid placing orders on Black Friday weekend from now on, as I also had problems and have still not gotten my refund from Origins.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your orders! I don't think the online shopping problems are limited to the Disney Store though. There is another thread on the boards about online order issues and many people are having trouble this year. I personally will avoid placing orders on Black Friday weekend from now on, as I also had problems and have still not gotten my refund from Origins.

I agree that this probably isn't limited to just Disney Store, but this year, it is the only place that I had any issues. I shop online a lot on a regular basis, probably more than in stores. Sometimes I have issues with Amazon orders, but I have found their customer service to be really great. I have been a Prime member since it first launched and spend quite a bit there, so maybe they take extra effort to keep me happy.

I guess I just wish that when I called someone would actually try and make an effort to be helpful. Because every single time I call Disney Store, they pretty much told me there was nothing they could do to help me until I asked for a manager. And the second time that I called, the lady actually told me that she would give me a credit to my account for the Eeyore ornament that had gone out of stock before my order was shipped, but what she was actually doing was just taking it off my order (So instead of paying $90, I was paying $80), and she acted like that was something helpful when it was actually something that is required by law. I mean, they can't charge me for something and then never deliver on it. I told her that isn't a credit, rather a credit is money that I could use on a future purchase, say if the ornament came back in stock.

Oh my gosh that's terrible! You're right op you would think Disney would care more about the customer service coming from ANYTHING wth the Disney name! I'm so glad all I ordered was an ornament this year and that it arrived without complication

...I also had problems and have still not gotten my refund from Origins.

Can you file a complaint with your credit card company? I've found that to be a very successful way of getting refunds processed faster when a retailer drags their heels. (I don't know how that tactic works with other payment methods.)

I don't understand how an item goes out of stock before it can be shipped. If you have x number of widgets and sell x number of widgets, each customer gets what they ordered. You can't have x in stock and sell y. It's basic math. A company the size of Disney should know this.

I don't understand how an item goes out of stock before it can be shipped. If you have x number of widgets and sell x number of widgets, each customer gets what they ordered. You can't have x in stock and sell y. It's basic math. A company the size of Disney should know this.

This is what I asked them when I called. They said that they oversold the items and because my order was delayed in shipping, they basically gave my items away to people who ordered after me. It was so frustrating to talk to them because they didn't seem to care. It was such a, "not my problem" attitude.

Can you file a complaint with your credit card company? I've found that to be a very successful way of getting refunds processed faster when a retailer drags their heels. (I don't know how that tactic works with other payment methods.)

I am giving them another week since it says on their site that it can take 7-10 days after they receive the returned items for them to issue the refund. It was an order that I canceled two hours after placing it, was told over the phone that wouldn't be a problem, then got an email a few days later that it had been shipped. Canceled it since a better deal was emailed out less than two hours after I placed my order. Ironically, the order I placed to get the free item was shipped without the free item, so it was all for nothing anyway. They did give me a $10 coupon to use on my next order, so at least they tried to make it right. I'll be checking daily to make sure my refund comes through though.

The cc I used has a very lengthy process to dispute charges and states that it can take up to two billing cycles for the refund to be made. They suggest working it out with the merchant first if possible.

Disney store online shipping is a nightmare.
In September I placed an order for about 20 small items (tsum tsums, pins, etc) and pajamas. The order arrived. It was mostly surprises for my kids so I stuck it away unopened. Two days later another large Disney box arrived??? Later that night I opened both. The first box was my order minus 5 small items. The second box was my order minus 3 DIFFERENT small items. I didn't know how Disneystore . com could mail out my order twice and get it wrong both time.

I'm not complaining because I got my complete order. But it shows how inept they are.

No way was I going to try to explain this mix up to Disneystore.com. I ended up donating the pajamas and gave the extra tsum tsums to a little boy in the neighborhood who had been very sick. I think I might have one more of the duplicate items jammed in the back of my closet trying to find an appropriate use for it.

:tiptoe: Going to check my Disney Store box that was delivered a couple of days ago...

ETA: All is well. But, I really have to be more diligent about opening shipments when they arrive to make sure everything is included. At this time of year, I will just take the box and scuttle it away as quickly as possible so the kids don't see it, and then I usually don't open it until I'm ready to wrap. Yeah - probably not the best idea...

Last edited:
A friend posted on FB that a similar thing happened - placed and order and was charged but didn't get the items because they were "out of stock". According to her (and I don't see why she'd lie) they are asking for her bank statements to prove that she was charged for the items.

I do a lot of online shopping, and Disney Store is by far the worst I deal with. Out of 30+ recent orders from lots of different merchants (about half Amazon), the one direct from Disney is the only one that I had a problem with. At least half the time I order from them an item is wrong or canceled a week after payment. I can't stand when the say it is out of stock but is still available for sale on their website. I will pay more to order from a third party just to avoid dealing with them.

The problem comes with the volume. Disney does so much sales that yes the computer knows they have X number of items but if Y number of people process all the items at exactly the same time (which happens for limited release, limited edition, and sale items) then they can't fix it until after the fact. It really sucks but I've even had it happen at Apple and at Amazon where the numbers of people trying to get that 1 item are so high that you can process an order but not find out until later that it wasn't in stock and therefore you are on the back order list. Now what Disney could do better is how they inform people the item is either out of stock or on back order. In our case it was a Moana Hawaiian shirt. Sure we knew it was a shot it would be out in that size or we would get an email after processing saying sorry this item isn't available after all but my fiance never got anything and when the box came and there was just a hand written note he was really upset. Yes it was just a shirt and he got over it but he was really looking forward to that one in particular. It isn't even listed as a limited edition shirt or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter