*sniff* And just like that.... our PIN is gone! :o(

kldmom2000

DIS Veteran
I called Disney CRO on Friday to get rates for July.... we were going to go 7/21-7/27 @ the Beach Club but all that was showing online was club level standard.... I wanted to see if they had a regular standard room (not club level) that just wasn't showing up online. I planned on using the 30% promo that is running right now and all dates around that time frame only showed the club level availability. After getting quotes and messing with numbers w/ the CM on the phone, she informed me about 8 min. into the conversation that there was a PIN under my DH's name!!!!:yay::yay: :banana: :banana: Now mind you, I've got us both signed up for every possible email, website, etc... and request the DVD every year and we never, ever, ever get PINs but all my friends do :( I was so excited! It was for free dining.... BUT again, the BC & YC only had club level rooms and DH will ONLY stay at the BC or YC. I asked the CM if I should write down the PIN # in case I called back and wanted to apply it... she told me it's in the computer system under his name and any CM I speak with can pull it up....

I just called CRO today and asked for a quote for a different week (where there IS a regular non club-level room)with the free dining PIN attached to my DH's name and the CM I got said there's no PIN attached to either of our names :confused3:confused3:confused3. She put me on hold for a while and came back again and apologized for the confusion-but there's indeed no PIN for either of us....

:sad2::confused:

Are you sure FD would be better than a 30% off at the deluxe? If both of your kids are under 10, the discount should be the same for your dates. If both of your kids are "adults," then I can see how you would come out on top with FD.

I had called in March when everyone was getting the free dining PIN code (one that expired at the end of March I thought) and was told there was nothing attached to our name.

Then my DH does get a PIN - but not for free dining (not sure what is was) and I called to book and they found we DID have a free dining PIN code - so I booked a room. I called back a few days later to add another room and was told that my PIN expired yesterday (the PIN I didn't know I had - never did get a notification) - but they did let me add a room.

These PIN codes are mysterious. This is the first time I've gotten one that I didn't get an email or real mail for. And the one my husband got - I still don't know what that was - but it expires at the end of April. :confused3

OP, call back and ask to speak to a manager if necessary. Here is what happened to me.

I like you, had tried everything to get a fd pin. I kept checking my emails and decided one day to just call and ask. The cm checked and said "you do have a pin, its for fd from 4/23-8/13, quick serve for values and mods, full ddp for deluxe's". I was so happy! I had an existing reservation under the 30% off room code so gave him that reservation # to switch/apply free dining. Problem was, he couldn't do that since my reservation is part of a grand gathering. He said he would transfer me over to the GG people, before he did I got his name (thank goodness) and asked for the 16 digit pin but he said "you don't need that, its right here they'll see it".

Well the grand gathering cm did not see it. Suddenly my free dining pin was just gone. :confused3 The GG cm was not that helpful so I just said "look so and so (I had the name of the cm) said it was there, you know I was transferred and I need to speak to a manager". I held for a very long time but eventually a manager came on, apologized profusely for the problem and I did get my free dining because she had found it. This manager did tell me this is not uncommon for one cm to see a pin, but another not to be able to find it. I have yet to receive an email however I had another pin back in October that they found attached to my name and I never received an email for that one either. But the first cm saw it, read me the offer and the manager obviously found it as well since I got it.

Since your original call was a few days ago, your situation is somewhat different than mine however I would call back and if they don't find it, ask to speak to a manger to see what they can do. The manager told me that not all cm's know all the tricks and also won't always take the time.

I hate these pin codes and I know the CRO cm's do too.

I hope they find your pin, I know for us it was a huge savings (moderate, family of four with kids that pay adult price).

Good luck, I do know just how you feel and its really disappointing. So close but so far away.

Thanks everyone for your responses! I'm going to try calling tomorrow when I have some time to be on the phone w/o my girls here (We haven't told them yet that we might be going).....

Are you sure FD would be better than a 30% off at the deluxe? If both of your kids are under 10, the discount should be the same for your dates. If both of your kids are "adults," then I can see how you would come out on top with FD.

My girls are 10 and 8, so the 10 year old is technically an adult in Disney's eyes... the savings for July would be approx. $160 a day for free dining, but I have to compare that discount with the 30% given to us and see which is the better deal. Before she turned 10, the 30% would have been better... but now that she's older, I've got to see what the rack rate is on the room and what it is after the 30% or the FD...

Thanks again for sharing your experiences! :)

Definitely call back and ask to speak to a supervisor! They will be able to find it for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter