Snake in Resort Room?

okay cannot help it, I am posting my WDW snake encounters...
I am very cautious because I don't like snakes and am always looking out for them...so I probably see more because I always watch the bushes etc,
first encounter...River Country...I was 8 and one was in the water at my ankles...second encounter...CSR walking to the pool with my daughter saw the CSR alligator and a snake along the path within a minute of each other...
third encounter...WL walking up from the boat dock with a crowd of people the boys in front of us jumped as a large black snake crossed the path in front of them and slithered into the bushes...fourth encounter...Hopefully never!!! but since we keep vacationing at Disney there will be more I'm sure! A little worried about AoA since it is new and snakes can get caught in the construction process.

I have never had one inside my room, but we saw one next to the walkway from the BCV walkway from the Villa Pool area to the Parking Lot and it was removed. Another time we saw one being removed from a tree close to one of the Wilderness Cabins in FW. I guess it is unavoidabe in FL, but I would die if I found one in my room!!!!!

wahmtexas said:
okay cannot help it, I am posting my WDW snake encounters...
I am very cautious because I don't like snakes and am always looking out for them...so I probably see more because I always watch the bushes etc,
first encounter...River Country...I was 8 and one was in the water at my ankles...second encounter...CSR walking to the pool with my daughter saw the CSR alligator and a snake along the path within a minute of each other...
third encounter...WL walking up from the boat dock with a crowd of people the boys in front of us jumped as a large black snake crossed the path in front of them and slithered into the bushes...fourth encounter...Hopefully never!!! but since we keep vacationing at Disney there will be more I'm sure! A little worried about AoA since it is new and snakes can get caught in the construction process.

Oh my gosh I never thought about the snakes and the construction at AOA!

Just had to share my WDW snake story. We were there April/May this year. Staying at POP and I was sitting in the smoking area in the 50's section. There were a few people there this evening and we were all talking (most of us had become smoking "friend's" during the week) and this little kid starts to walk by, near the bushes and starts jumping and yelling SNAKE.......I looked over in that direction and saw it slithering into the bushes....... I darn near had a heart attack. I looked A FOOL!!!! I started screaming and jumped on the bench. Yes, it was just a baby snake, but I DON"T CARE - It was a snake. I am sure that everyone there is still laughing at the crazy lady's response to the snake on vacation.

Just had to share my WDW snake story. We were there April/May this year. Staying at POP and I was sitting in the smoking area in the 50's section. There were a few people there this evening and we were all talking (most of us had become smoking "friend's" during the week) and this little kid starts to walk by, near the bushes and starts jumping and yelling SNAKE.......I looked over in that direction and saw it slithering into the bushes....... I darn near had a heart attack. I looked A FOOL!!!! I started screaming and jumped on the bench. Yes, it was just a baby snake, but I DON"T CARE - It was a snake. I am sure that everyone there is still laughing at the crazy lady's response to the snake on vacation.

We all would have jumped on the bench!!!!

I'd have been on the bench too!!!!

I won't read the whole thread, but never have seen snakes on trips down at Mickeyland. Now that I've seen this thread, I guess I won't take anything for granted because Florida is swampland after all. I don't seriously freak out with snakes, but don't make a point to continually meet up with them either. ;)

My kids & I were sitting on a bench at AK and this black snake comes slithering out from under our bench and across the walkway. This lady just happened to be in the right place at the right time and stepped on it & it wrapped around her ankle a bit and she screamed like I have never heard anyone scream before. A CM came with a broom and shoo'd it into the bushes. DH asked me why I didn't warn her - it was like it all happened in slow motion at that point. :rotfl:

My kids & I were sitting on a bench at AK and this black snake comes slithering out from under our bench and across the walkway. This lady just happened to be in the right place at the right time and stepped on it & it wrapped around her ankle a bit and she screamed like I have never heard anyone scream before. A CM came with a broom and shoo'd it into the bushes. DH asked me why I didn't warn her - it was like it all happened in slow motion at that point. :rotfl:

Thats the most horrifying thing I've ever heard! I can't put my feet on the floor right now. Maybe not all day. We need a snake smilie:scared:

We had our Illuminations dessert party at the UK lower patio for our wedding this past February. I was off in the corner talking to one of our guests when I saw a long, thin, black snake start slithering around in front of us. So, imagine if you will, a panicking bride trying not to freak out the rest of my guests as I'm frantically making my way towards one of our CM attendants. The worst, really, was that part of my train had gotten caught in my shoe. So, as I was racing across the patio, I kept shaking out my leg because it felt like a snake wrapped around my ankle. Lol, it was entertaining.
Fortunately, the snake moved behind a storage box and stayed there for the remainder of the festivities. As well as 2 CMs who stood right in front of it to make sure he didn't try to make a move for our desserts. Happy to report that only a couple people knew about the snake during, but we can all have a chuckle 5 months later.

I just returned from ASM yesterday. Last week in the afternoon about 3:00 we returned to our room to see a snake fall out of the lighted up start box in between our room and the neighbors room. It slithered under the silver door piece at the bottom of the door. My daughter screamed and I screamed. I told the cast member what was going on as he came along a few min later. HE said " I do not believe it was a snake." I was so upset that he didnt believe me. He told me to hit and kick the door before coming out of it. The neighbor guy told me later that my son was outside trying to catch it with his shirt. (Hes 8) He took his shirt off and was trying to throw it on top of the snake apparantly. The neighbor said it was a copper head and it was rearing its head up as if to attack my son. I freaked out when I heard this and told my son to NEVER try to capture a snake. The snake went into the bushes. I then freaked out again and called to have my room changed to a higher up one. We were on the first floor. The cast member laughed at me and told me that snakes cant be avoided. So I didnt move rooms. There were tons of holes in the soil by our room. We were on the back side of BROADWAY building 8., I believe. We had snake check every time we entered our room from that point on. I was uncomfortable the rest of the stay. Petrified a snake was going to crawl on me while I was sleeping.

Sounds to me like there maybe some rooms available at CBR. Most of the sightings are there. Lol

I have seen a few of snakes at WDW. Once at Typhoon Lagoon as we were getting in line for Crush n Gusher one slithered out from some bushes maybe a foot in front of us.

But the worst was at All Star Music. We were walking towards the food court just before coming into the pool area. Some ladies were in front of me and my dd, chatting away as they walked, when I saw a pretty large black snake come out of the bushes and before I could warn them, it went right over one of them's feet. Those poor women were screaming and shrieking. One of them literally looked like she might faint. Dd and I had to help her to a table near the pool and a lifeguard came over to help her.

I also saw one once in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach. The lifeguard pointed it out to me like it was just the neatest, cutest thing. I flopped out of my tube and got out of that river the next opportunity! And calmed down at the little bar nearby....;)

Sounds to me like there maybe some rooms available at CBR. Most of the sightings are there. Lol

This trip in 2 days will be my 5th trip to CBR and I have to tell you, I have NEVER seen a snake at CBR!!!! And trust me I look ~ Because:

I do NOT do snakes!!!!:scared1:

If I had ever seen one there, I promise you, I'd have a hard time staying there again.

This trip in 2 days will be my 5th trip to CBR and I have to tell you, I have NEVER seen a snake at CBR!!!! And trust me I look ~ Because:

I do NOT do snakes!!!!:scared1:

If I had ever seen one there, I promise you, I'd have a hard time staying there again.

Well, we had another wonderful trip at CBR and NO SNAKES!!!! Trust me, I looked!!!!!

And I was freaking out in 2004 when my friends and I met a beetle in our room!

I tought I didn't mind snakes, but this thread is a bit much.

Hubby had a snake slither in front of him while he was walking during our stay at the Poly. He debated about telling me, knowing I'd go into panic mode. He did tell me and I did freak a little, but being on an upper level room and also having a corridor helped calm me a bit, just a bit! We once switched rooms at ASMo because of a VERY LARGE palmetto bug that decided to crawl into the vent. Nah, wasn't staying there overnight. We were doing the Christmas party that night and by the time we returned, it was near midnight. We were switching rooms at midnight with two toddlers. I've never had a first floor room since. I now ask for the highest level in hopes of avoiding snakes, lizards and other flying bug "objects" invading our room!!

Seriously I would have peed in my pants:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter