Snake in Resort Room?

2disneyboys

DIS Veteran
I've read several posts of vistors hearing about other vistors seeing snakes in thier resort rooms.. I would think this is more likly for anyone who's door opens outside and most likly on the 1st floor... anyone have any actual real life encounters...not just heresay? Not that I doubt anyone, just the possibility of this feaks me out so bad, I guess I just want to see with my own eyes...a photo or something.. I DONT want to see one in my room:scared1:

Ah, thats creepy! I haven't heard of nor experienced a snake in our room at Disney...I hope no one else has either! :sad2:

I did actually see photos from the Contemporary 4 th floor.A little girl was in the bed oppositethe window and say something moving above the curtains.It was a large black snake and her nest with eggs.It was real and the hotel staff came in and removed it.She was upgraded to concierge..I also saw snakes outside the Beach Club and a worker there said if you are on the main floor they will come in if you leave the door open.Its not unusual but it is Florida.I also saw one outside my Grandmas condo in the grass next to the sidewalk...no water in sight and there he was slithering across the lawn..:scared1:

Yep, I saw those photos too. It was some time last year that they were posted...I think it was right before our trip in September.

My mother saw a HUGE snake at CBR. It was on the 1st floor walkway (luckily we were on the 2nd floor). She said it was a moccasin (and we live in LA...see plenty of them...so she should know). She went into the room and called the front desk. They sent someone right away who caught it and put in a box and took it away. It could have very easily gotten into a 1st floor room if the door was open.

We are very used to this at home, so we know not to leave the door open. I can imagine people coming from other places may not be used to dealing with this and not even think about it.

Last year at POR, I was walking around the resort one evening and I saw some young kids playing on the cypress knees at the edge of the river. To me, that is just downright dangerous. First of all, if you fell on one it could cause serious injury. Secondly, I know that snakes love hiding in those sorts of spots. Just not a sensible thing to do. When I said something to them, the parents pretty much told me to mind my own business...which maybe I should have been doing anyway.

Not just in their rooms, but people need to pay attention to where they are walking at WDW, too. Especially walkways near bushes and/or water.

I don't like snakes either. I hate to say it, but I also saw the thread with the pictures of the snake and her eggs at the Contemporary. :scared1: There was also a string at one point about snake sitings in general. It may have been on the Unplugged Board but it was a few months back. The good news is, I have been to Disney at least 10 visits and the only time I ever saw a snake was on the side of the trail to Rafiki's Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom. It was in the woods to the side of the path.

Ekkkkkkkkkkk! Thanks for the snake "tips", not something I would have known or thought about! We are at the CBR on the 1 st floor as my DD is in a wheelchair. Oh my just the thoughts of it!:scared:

I didn't have a snake, but a few days into my stay at CSR (first floor room), I found a dead lizard on the the counter top right by the sink..how long was that thing in my room:scared1:

I just find it hard to believe a snake would slither across a concrete sidewalk to get into a room at the All Star resorts (not sure, but Pop is probably the same way) My brother and my cousin have lived in Africa, where snakes getting into houses is a constant issue since many of them are very poisonous -- but the houses that have no grass around them don't usually have a problem.

Wouldn't it be the same at all resorts that have doors opening to the outside?

If you go to Search and type in Snake in Contemporary you can find the thread that was the Unplugged Podcast back in October.

Being from southern Louisiana which has basically the same climate and land type (swampy) as WDW (it is built on swamp) I am surprised that snakes are NOT more of a problem as they are. Although I have to say a snake in a room on the 4th floor of the Contemporary is a little surprising! The thing is with all of the water around the WDW property I would say a rather large percentage of the snakes are probably water mocassins which are bad dudes! So be careful! And don't let your kids or adults play in the lakes! There is a reason they have signs that say No Swimming!

Saw a snake a the Poly a few years ago. It slitter right in front of me. Moving to the south has toughen me up in that regard. :goodvibes

My mother saw a HUGE snake at CBR. It was on the 1st floor walkway (luckily we were on the 2nd floor). She said it was a moccasin (and we live in LA...see plenty of them...so she should know). She went into the room and called the front desk. They sent someone right away who caught it and put in a box and took it away. It could have very easily gotten into a 1st floor room if the door was open.

We are very used to this at home, so we know not to leave the door open. I can imagine people coming from other places may not be used to dealing with this and not even think about it.

Last year at POR, I was walking around the resort one evening and I saw some young kids playing on the cypress knees at the edge of the river. To me, that is just downright dangerous. First of all, if you fell on one it could cause serious injury. Secondly, I know that snakes love hiding in those sorts of spots. Just not a sensible thing to do. When I said something to them, the parents pretty much told me to mind my own business...which maybe I should have been doing anyway.

Not just in their rooms, but people need to pay attention to where they are walking at WDW, too. Especially walkways near bushes and/or water.

Also, isn't there a good chance there are alligators in the river:confused3 I remember seeing a video on youtube of an alligator (it was a small one) in the water at splash mountain. That was a little freaky.

We saw one go into the airconditioning unit at POFQ when we were walking by (you know, the one under the window??) There was no one in the room, and we informed the front desk. IDK if it could get into the room through the air conditioner??:confused3

Being from southern Louisiana which has basically the same climate and land type (swampy) as WDW (it is built on swamp) I am surprised that snakes are NOT more of a problem as they are. Although I have to say a snake in a room on the 4th floor of the Contemporary is a little surprising! The thing is with all of the water around the WDW property I would say a rather large percentage of the snakes are probably water mocassins which are bad dudes! So be careful! And don't let your kids or adults play in the lakes! There is a reason they have signs that say No Swimming!

Keep your kids away from the landscaping as well. My friend's daughter was bitten by a snake at CBR. My cousin is an ER doctor in Ft Walton and they see lots of bites from pymgy rattlers who love to hide in mulch!!

We were at POP a couple of years ago in October. We were walking from the pool to our room. There was a small snake that slithered right in front of us on the sidewalk. I freaked out! :scared1: I am terrified of snakes!!!

We had a snake in our room in the bed last year. My wife freaked out!!!:lmao: I just picked it up and took it outside no big deal at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter