Skippers Canteen ADR info.

On the phone with DD CM and she said that it is OPEN, but not booking as of yet! Menus info should be online soon apparently.

"Open" as in: she's working in MK & can see them letting guests in? As in: CMs got invited to a soft opening? As in: CMs were given official info on ADRs & actual opening so they can pass it on to guests at resorts & in the park?

Explain a little more please!

Looking forward to booking dinner there for April. I really don't understand why Disney doesn't show a menu for a restaurant which should be opening very soon. I will try new things but my DH is very "cautious" with unusual menus lol.

Will anyone get in before all the bloggers? It'll be a mad dash. Everything will collapse. The menu will probably be pre packaged boxed lunches, and will charge $40 for the pleasure of it. And it will still be impossible to book for at least 5 years.

Based on CMs and alleged theme, it would be hard to make it QS unless the CM schtick was done more like Cosmic Ray. Which would be more
Looking forward to booking dinner there for April. I really don't understand why Disney doesn't show a menu for a restaurant which should be opening very soon. I will try new things but my DH is very "cautious" with unusual menus lol.

Probably because the CMs are still training, and that would include kitchen staff. Most restaurants pre-open make some modifications to menu plans based on actual kitchen operations. WDW knows if they announce a menu then change it at open people are going to freak out.

So....people are falling all over themselves for reservations there, and don't even know what's going to be on the menu, or if they'll like it?

Disney is genius.

We're not picky, difficult to please diners. We generally find something we are happy to order wherever we go.

For us, it's more because it's Jungle Cruise themed and we are Jungle Cruise obsessed. I couldn't care less about the menu on this one.
Agree with you! We think this one will be fun, and we're looking forward to trying it.

OP here. I haven't received an e-mail yet but if I do you guys will be the first to know! I can confirm (or was at least told) that it will be TS for lunch. Amazed at the interest in this post and as some other posters mentioned its a new themed park restraint so of course we all want to go and see what the inside looks like. To me it's almost the same as if the MK was getting a new ride or show. Isn't this the same as a "show"?

So....people are falling all over themselves for reservations there, and don't even know what's going to be on the menu, or if they'll like it?

Disney is genius.

Its new, its a TS in MK. It's not like the food is going to be exotic, and if it is open on your trip, why not try it. Can always cancel

Disney is genius.
I have heard the menu is a bit more unique than other MK restaurants

Have they announced if they will be serving lunch? I was wondering how that would work as a QS if the waiters are in character
I believe it is supposed to be table service for both lunch and dinner. This place doesn't quite have the size of BoG to do quick service lunch.

It's a meal, not a life decision! I don't need to know what is on the menu (as long as it is not sauteed monkey brains or roasted boa constrictor)to know I want to eat there. With the lack of TS in MK, I am sure the place will be bursting at the seams for the foreseeable future.

I have a request in with IPO at the BC and will also post if I get a confirmation.

It's a meal, not a life decision! I don't need to know what is on the menu (as long as it is not sauteed monkey brains or roasted boa constrictor)to know I want to eat there. With the lack of TS in MK, I am sure the place will be bursting at the seams for the foreseeable future.

I have a request in with IPO at the BC and will also post if I get a confirmation.

I was actually hoping for chilled monkey brains in a cool skull dish;)

My son called and was told 'it' had been 'pushed back' because of an undisclosed issue. He's not sure if the restaurant opening was pushed back or just the ability to make ADRs. Of course the phone CMs are oft times the last to know. So as of now no ADRs to be made. Hopefully some one who's there will stroll by and let us know if it's physically open:)
I seem to remember when they started taking BOG reservations it was after the phone lines opened and phone only and we knew to call, in fact I remember being on hold for around an hour or more and when I got through no dinner ADRs for our trip 4 months later. When I got there I did wait in line for lunch (no lunch ADRs @ that point) and got in tho'.
Personally we are adventurous foodies and the only restaurants we avoid are the ones with really boring offerings so I'm hopeful Skipper's will be a bit more exotic than most MK choices. Plus I've long loved the Jungle Cruise - so win win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter