Skippers Canteen ADR info.

My CM said to wait for the Parks Blog announcement, but she didn't say that it would necessarily be today. It sounds like it's close though, because she said that she has been looking every morning recently to see if they could book it yet.

So....people are falling all over themselves for reservations there, and don't even know what's going to be on the menu, or if they'll like it?

Disney is genius.
Some people appreciate a wide variety of foods and so what is on the menu is less important than the experience of going to a new restaurant. There isn't much that DH and I won't try and so we are willing to try this restaurant even if the menu isn't available. We can always cancel a reservation up until the day before if we find the restaurant serves real jungle food like bugs and snakes as we would draw the line at trying those!

Some people appreciate a wide variety of foods and so what is on the menu is less important than the experience of going to a new restaurant. There isn't much that DH and I won't try and so we are willing to try this restaurant even if the menu isn't available. We can always cancel a reservation up until the day before if we find the restaurant serves real jungle food like bugs and snakes as we would draw the line at trying those!

Exactly. Apart from the negative Nancy, many people are excited when there are new and exciting things to try in the "World." The menu isn't going to have dogs or cats or liver and onions so I'll give it a shot. And I'll fall all over myself to get the ADR so that I won't be left out. Hahaha

So....people are falling all over themselves for reservations there, and don't even know what's going to be on the menu, or if they'll like it?
In the "real world" outside of Disney, do you check the menu of every restaurant before you walk inside? If you do, it's YOU who is in the minority, not those of us who are anxious to try this new restaurant regardless of the menu.

Disneytam let us know if you get a confirmation number.

When we stayed CL at GF years ago we were permitted to visit AK with other CL guests before it opened to the public.

Booking this ADR a couple days before the public may be another CL perk.

Oh no, post will bring this back to top of page -sorry

On the phone with DD CM and she said that it is OPEN, but not booking as of yet! Menus info should be online soon apparently.

Last edited:

Disney is genius.
When you compare the number of TS restaurants at the MK to Epcot and HS, I don't see it as Disney being a genius, I see it as, it's about time!

Have they announced if they will be serving lunch? I was wondering how that would work as a QS if the waiters are in character

In the "real world" outside of Disney, do you check the menu of every restaurant before you walk inside? If you do, it's YOU who is in the minority, not those of us who are anxious to try this new restaurant regardless of the menu.
I'm not a picky eater, neither are my kids (but I'm sure kids menus will be available) and my husband will eat almost anything. We live in NYC, a culinary epicenter. On my block alone there are 5 restaurants.
The opening of Skipper Canteen is the oportunity to try something new. And experience a new place at Disney. It's about more than just the food.
And I agree, I rarely check a menu before eating somewhere. Very excited for this new place to open! :)

Excellent news. Can't wait to try it out.
And yes, I'm one of those suckers that will make an ADR without looking at the menu. That is fun to me. We'll try anything and often walk in a place without looking at a menu because we know there will be something we'll enjoy. And if we don't, oh well. We'll not go back. Adventure is fun. And it's not because Disney is genius or sucking me in. It's because I like to live life "on the edge" so to speak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter