Skipper Canteen info

When do they usually open up reservations for a new restaurant? Would they wait until it actually opens?

I'm curious about this too. I wasn't on DIS when BOG came out - how did the first ADRs work? Where they available once a real opening date was in place? Released out of the blue? Available once the restaurant actually opened for business?

I'm curious about this too. I wasn't on DIS when BOG came out - how did the first ADRs work? Where they available once a real opening date was in place? Released out of the blue? Available once the restaurant actually opened for business?

They announced on Disney Parks Blog ahead of time the date they would start taking ADRs for BOG. They only allowed ADRs by phone the first few days then opened it up online. I would expect an announcement on Disney Parks Blog but judging from recent experiences with Minnie's dinner I would keep up to date here on the watch thread because ADRs could open up sooner than what the blog indicates.

They announced on Disney Parks Blog ahead of time the date they would start taking ADRs for BOG. They only allowed ADRs by phone the first few days then opened it up online. I would expect an announcement on Disney Parks Blog but judging from recent experiences with Minnie's dinner I would keep up to date here on the watch thread because ADRs could open up sooner than what the blog indicates.

I will be keeping an eye out here and on Disney Parks Blog. Seems in the past I got more ahead of time info from the forums. Hoping they will take reservations for QS as well. Like to know I have the ADR so there is less to worry about.

If BOG breakfast, F&W festival, and Hallowishes Dessert Party is any indication of how Disney does things these days the ADRs will be bookable online before any announcement is made in order to stagger phone and website traffic. Is this fair for people not watching 5 ADR threads? No, but that's how Disney seems to roll these days, can't make everyone happy.

I put requests in for dinner on my DD's 20th birthday and a lunch during our trip with the IPO. It will be interesting to see if I get to make the ADR's first or they do. With BOG last time, I beat them to it since the ADR's opened after 1 AM.

If BOG breakfast, F&W festival, and Hallowishes Dessert Party is any indication of how Disney does things these days the ADRs will be bookable online before any announcement is made in order to stagger phone and website traffic. Is this fair for people not watching 5 ADR threads? No, but that's how Disney seems to roll these days, can't make everyone happy.

I agree. Going further, and not to derail the thread, but I could even see Disney selling a ~$100 exclusive pass for guests to make all their ADRs at 7 months out. I know a lot of people would pay that to get the ressies they want. It'll be like a tolled left lane on a highway. It's there if you want to pay for it.

I agree. Going further, and not to derail the thread, but I could even see Disney selling a ~$100 exclusive pass for guests to make all their ADRs at 7 months out. I know a lot of people would pay that to get the ressies they want. It'll be like a tolled left lane on a highway. It's there if you want to pay for it.
Yes, but that would mean these reservations would actually need to be available 7 months out!!!

I remember when the dinner ADRs opened - we had 2 phones trying to get through and by the time we did all dinner ADRs were gone. Lunch was different - there was a time when they were sending 'invitations' to get a BOG lunch FP, but you could still stand in line w/out one (which I did.) And then I seem to recall that you had to do the lunch ADR closer to arrival (60-90 days?) Now it's 180.

I'm following this thread! Our vacation is the first week in January and I hope it is open when we go!!!

Following along as well. I was hoping it would be open for our November Trip (11/15-11/20), but I think we will just miss it. Luckily we are heading back in Spring 2016 so I will try for an ADR for that trip. Though I'm still hoping for the November Trip. :)

I just had a friend interview for a position here. He told me the tentative opening date was mid-December, which sounds like an insane time to open a new location to me! He also said he was told it would be TS all through the day with no QS lunch as expected. Has anyone else heard that?

I haven't heard anything official either. I'm hoping it's open when we visit next month. Crossing my fingers....

I agree that mid December does seem like a crazy time to open a new place.

Any rumors about the menu?

While it's definitely an insane time to open a new restaurant they desperately need to get it open ASAP. We've all seen how hard it's been to get ADR's so they need more options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter