Skipper Canteen info

While it's definitely an insane time to open a new restaurant they desperately need to get it open ASAP. We've all seen how hard it's been to get ADR's so they need more options.

They really do need more TS dining options. BOG opened three years ago just around Thanksgiving, and I do not think there has been a day that they are not booked solid. I don't think that thee is a good time anymore to open a restaurant that is already as hyped as this one is.

They really do need more TS dining options. BOG opened three years ago just around Thanksgiving, and I do not think there has been a day that they are not booked solid. I don't think that thee is a good time anymore to open a restaurant that is already as hyped as this one is.

With inelastic demand at many Disney Dining locations, I am surprised they don't double their prices at those places. There is a price where people wouldn't book there, but they are obviously nowhere near that price point right now.

With inelastic demand at many Disney Dining locations, I am surprised they don't double their prices at those places. There is a price where people wouldn't book there, but they are obviously nowhere near that price point right now.

I am not so sure. The restaurants are already at a price point that would not be acceptable outside of a theme park. Look at Le Cellier...used to be the most sought after TS in Epcot, but when they raised their prices and increased to 2 credits, not so much any more. And then there was Coral Reef. It used to be 2 TS but they needed to reduce to one. I think that there is a ceiling and Disney knows exactly where that point is. Their goal I believe, it to keep folks wishing they could secure their ADR, making sure that they think they scored a home run when they do. If they price it too high the competition for a table drops, and the restaurant is not likely to be so "popular". It may still make as much profit, but Ithink that Disney wants more than just a bottom line. They want folks to be happy to pay for what htey get as well.

Any updates? Was sure hoping they would have a soft opening in the middle of November! Anybody have any info?

I read on another blog that the opening has a possible set for December 5th with a possible soft opening the end of November and that it will be no QS, table service for lunch and dinner both. Not sure how accurate that is since the only thing Disney has said is "opening late 2015".

I read on another blog that the opening has a possible set for December 5th with a possible soft opening the end of November and that it will be no QS, table service for lunch and dinner both. Not sure how accurate that is since the only thing Disney has said is "opening late 2015".

I would not mind another TS option for lunch the MK. My family used to always sop for QS, but have discovered that a nice lunch in the afternoon is a welcomed break. The MK simply does not have enough restaurants to handle all of the guests, especially those who do not want characters at a meal.

I hope that's true...we leave Dec 5th and hoping to do it for lunch that day! :)

I was hoping for a late November opening, coinciding with LTT's re-opening. Having these both open should really alleviate the difficulty of getting a lunch reservation at BOG, as we see today.

So last I heard, CMs would be starting November 15th with 2 weeks of training, then test meals for Disney CMs (execs, concierge cast, etc) and then potentially opening after that. I don't have a calendar in front of me but I think that works out to maybe the first or second week of December?

If lunch and dinner both are TS, then what is the protocol on reservations if they open December 5th? Like will they start taking reservations soon, or no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter