Sick and miserable at disney

Why do you feel guilty? I have 5 kids who were sick all of the time when they were little. Maybe think about travel insurance next time so you won’t need to worry. You guys should split up and enjoy the parks. Childhood illnesses tend to be brief.
THank you. He's feeling better and the temp is going down. We have the one child so couldn't spilt up and I wouldn't enjoy the parks alone. We should have booked later in the year. We would love to have experienced the new Tiana ride.

Oh I’m so sorry. We know the watching happy guests envy too well!

We’ve had two Disney trips that were disrupted for illness. One landed us in Orlando children’s hospital (lovely facility by the way) and another landed us in urgent care. Both resulted in lots of missed park time 🙁 our extended family laughs when they see the pharmacy we travel with now.

I hope you can salvage a few days at the end but like most things, this too shall pass… and hopefully you’ll look back at the good parts of the trip positively!

We travel with an extensive pharmacy as well!!
Add us to that list.

About 8 years ago we traveled with grandkids for a week and then we were staying a few extra days. During the night DH got sick, they left, they were fine, never got sick. DH was sick as a dog. I got sick about 30 hours later. Our kids free days were spent in the room , got healthy enough to travel home. Since then I carry hand sanitizer all the time.

Our daughter got sick with a stomach virus a few years ago, and Disney was amazing! She had actually tapped in to Epcot with her magic band but only made it for about 15 minutes before the virus hit her. When we went to guest relations, they could see that she hadn't tapped in at any rides and had left the park quickly, and they credited us that day. It's absolutely worth speaking to someone face to face in guest relations. They're generally pretty awesome and compassionate!

Sorry to hear that.

My question would be do you actually know what he is sick with?
If not I'd take him to urgent care. If he has something like strep throat that would be treated with an antibiotic and he'd probably feel better by the next day and would also not be contagious after 24 hours and you could get right back to having a fabulous trip.

I also would not just assume you're going to catch it unless you get sick EVERY time your child does?

Our daughter got sick with a stomach virus a few years ago, and Disney was amazing! She had actually tapped in to Epcot with her magic band but only made it for about 15 minutes before the virus hit her. When we went to guest relations, they could see that she hadn't tapped in at any rides and had left the park quickly, and they credited us that day. It's absolutely worth speaking to someone face to face in guest relations. They're generally pretty awesome and compassionate!
thank you! We will definitely talk with them.

Sorry, OP, I had the Disney crud a couple of times. Luckily our daughter's nanny accompanied me so she brought the children to the parks. Still not fun.

Another year, our daughter's boyfriend got dehydrated ( he had been drinking water?) and fainted hitting his head. The rest of the trip was spent in the hospital and our room.

It is an expensive gamble. Maybe in the future, your doc could prescribe some meds, just in case? We're taking our grandchildren next week and will have antibiotics and cold/sinus meds with us cause you never know.

Hey, I’m so sorry to hear about your trip. That sounds really tough. Maybe try to focus on some indoor activities you can enjoy together? Sometimes a movie night can lift everyone's spirits a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter