Should I try to convince my sister that she is nuts?!

KandiB47

<font color=blue>It's kind of grossing me out to i
My sister will be taking a seven day vacation with her husband and two DD's, ages 8 and 16. She wants to stay off site and visit seven parks in seven days. They want to see the WDW parks, Universal, Sea World, and Wet and Wild. They have not spent a lot of time at these parks before so they don't know the layout well.

I tried to tell her that DH and I take an afternoon break everyday and seven parks in as many days is too much. Anybody have any advice about this? Any families here that do "Orlando commando" and don't have a nervous breakdown? I'm worried they will just be miserable if they do this much in a week.

She wants to stay off site and visit seven parks in seven days. They want to see the WDW parks, Universal, Sea World, and Wet and Wild.

:faint: I can't imagine doing all that in 7 days. You could easily spend 7 days just in the four WDW parks. And when you say "Universal" are they going to do IOA as well, or just Universal Studios? Not sure what to say other than I think they're going to need a vacation from their vacation! :earseek:

ETA: Never been to WNW but why would they want to that over one of the Disney themed water parks?

I wouldn't get into it with her - it's not an argument that's worth the possible fallout. They'll get a taste of each park and find out which one(s) they want to return to. :)

It's not my style, but plenty of people go-go-go when they visit Disney and enjoy it. Just depends on the family.

I wouldn't push it. Everyone's different on how they "attack" their vacation. Besides, it's her vacation.
Every vacation we've been on (Disney or otherwise), there are things we don't get to do or see because we either got to tired, or we spent more time than expected on something else. (Just means we have to return some other time:thumbsup2 ) Better to see 90% of what you planned, and enjoy it, than rushing to see everything and not enjoying your trip. Maybe that'd be the best thing to remind her of.

I wouldn't bother telling her anything.

Let her make her seriously overboard "commando" plans...she'll find out for herself :faint:

(and you can be thinking, "I told you so")

we have done ones that are pretty close to that! It was in our younger days, there is no way we could do it these days. Staying off-site isn't that bad when you are trying to do all those things.

If you get there when they first open, a couple of the things like sea world and wet and wild can be done in less than a day.

I owuldn't fight about it, but I owuld definitely let her know your thoughts. I once had a frined who put together a horrible plan...turns out she just had no clue. I made a few suggestions, she changed her plan and she had a great trip and thanked me so much when she returned! I'd let your sister know aht you think, and then let her decide. Once you've shared your thoughts, don't sweat it. Best you can do....

Good luck!

Do at least fill her in on how big WDW itself is, then let her decide for herself. I've found there's no telling some people.

I had a friend who went to WDW for the first time a few years ago. She thought they would eat off site. I told her the parks are simply too big to leave, find a cheap place to eat, then return, park, etc., to take enough money to eat in the parks. I also told her to bring or pick up some in-room snacks, quick eats, etc., because hotel food is way over priced and not always available. They stayed at CBR. Well, she got almost hostile towards my advice, so I just let it be.

When they came back I got two different versions of the trip. According to her, they spent the last 2 days just "relaxing" at the resort and pool, which is quite nice. But according to her daughter, they flat ran out of money and just stayed in the hotel, don't know what they ate, also advised her to take a credit card, they just use debit card. Well, you can't tell some people, so just give her what information you can and let it drop.

Although I could spend seven days just at Disney, I think they will have a great time. We have left Universal by 5pm and same for Sea World and had a great time. I do think that their feet will hurt running around all those parks but we have done this and still had fun.

The only thing I would suggest that you tell he is that she shouldn't buy tickets that will expire so that if they decide they can't do everything that they wanted to, they can spend a day or two relaxing and not feel like they are losing money.

Our trip in August was actually the first trip I ever planned a down day because we were there for 10 days. In the past when we have been there a week or less I never planned a down day. We never take afternoon breaks either. I always feel like I can rest at home, I've paid a lot to fly in and I want to spend every moment doing something. We have spent a week where we went to Disney parks for 4 days, Universal for 2 and TL for one and on the day we flew home went to Gatorland for the morning on the way to the airport. You two obviously have different vacation styles and will probably never see eye to eye! Just give her tips on using fast pass and to get there early and wish her a good trip.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm considering sending her a link to this thread because there are some different opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter