Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Well, we just drove down to Manassas today to catch the autotrain tomorrow.

I contacted Diamond Lane on Thursday morning to confirm my dates and requests. Got voice mail and didn't leave a number.

Can't wait to see if my requests are honored!

I want to confirm that 2 bed villas have a washer/dryer in the unit, right? :)

Correct... you need to bring your own laundry detergent.

We splurge and bring the 3-in-1 laundry sheets when we go. Saves on space in the suitcase, and less hassle than bringing or buying powder/liquid. Of course we try to avoid doing TOO much :laundy: It is a vacation after all!

Is there a kid's program at the Sheraton Vistana Villages??

What kind of kid's program are you talking about? They have lots of activities for kids, if that's what you mean. ???

Well, we just drove down to Manassas today to catch the autotrain tomorrow.

I contacted Diamond Lane on Thursday morning to confirm my dates and requests. Got voice mail and didn't leave a number.

Can't wait to see if my requests are honored!

Had to let everyone know, all of our requests were honored. What a fabulous resort!!!!
We were in Cascades, fully renovated, catty corner to the pool, fab pool, and we were on the 4th floor with the skylight. I specifically requested the Cascades due to the decor and room layout, and loved it!

Also, though we went with an Interval getaway, they had us down as an RCI guest, so although it has been posted here that RCI doesn't always get the better sections, that was not the case with us.

There were a few minor quibbles I had. They had pepper, but no salt. We had dish washing liquid but nothing for the dishwasher itself. There are no non stick frying pans, and trying to cook anything in the pots other than water, and everything would stick. If we ever went again, I would take my own frying pan. :rotfl:

I did encounter a roach in the bathroom on our second day. That was a first for me! :scared1: , but never saw any more during our stay and we were there from Sun, the 12th to Sat the 18th. We had to check out a day early due to taking the autotrain, but that worked out really well, as we were able to take our time packing up before leaving, which we did around noon.

The grounds are gorgeous, and all the pools were in walking distance for us, except the Fountains area. We had planned on checking it out, but never did get there. My kids loved "our" pool the best.

There is security everywhere. The second night we were there, I went down to the car to get something. When I was getting on the elevator, I noticed a flashing light coming from the one guestroom. The blinds were open and I thought I saw smoke but there was no one moving around that I could see. I called guest services as soon as I got to the room and let them know there might be a problem. It wasn't long and about 5 or 6 security vehicles showed up. By this time, you could smell something burning, and hear the smoke alarm going off. I think maybe the guests had left something on the stove before going out for the evening. The next day the room was closed off with a sign and was like that for a few days. That's probably why they have the security deposit? :)

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them if I can.

What kind of kid's program are you talking about? They have lots of activities for kids, if that's what you mean. ???

Had to let everyone know, all of our requests were honored. What a fabulous resort!!!!
We were in Cascades, fully renovated, catty corner to the pool, fab pool, and we were on the 4th floor with the skylight. I specifically requested the Cascades due to the decor and room layout, and loved it!

Also, though we went with an Interval getaway, they had us down as an RCI guest, so although it has been posted here that RCI doesn't always get the better sections, that was not the case with us.

There were a few minor quibbles I had. They had pepper, but no salt. We had dish washing liquid but nothing for the dishwasher itself. There are no non stick frying pans, and trying to cook anything in the pots other than water, and everything would stick. If we ever went again, I would take my own frying pan. :rotfl:

I did encounter a roach in the bathroom on our second day. That was a first for me! :scared1: , but never saw any more during our stay and we were there from Sun, the 12th to Sat the 18th. We had to check out a day early due to taking the autotrain, but that worked out really well, as we were able to take our time packing up before leaving, which we did around noon.

The grounds are gorgeous, and all the pools were in walking distance for us, except the Fountains area. We had planned on checking it out, but never did get there. My kids loved "our" pool the best.

There is security everywhere. The second night we were there, I went down to the car to get something. When I was getting on the elevator, I noticed a flashing light coming from the one guestroom. The blinds were open and I thought I saw smoke but there was no one moving around that I could see. I called guest services as soon as I got to the room and let them know there might be a problem. It wasn't long and about 5 or 6 security vehicles showed up. By this time, you could smell something burning, and hear the smoke alarm going off. I think maybe the guests had left something on the stove before going out for the evening. The next day the room was closed off with a sign and was like that for a few days. That's probably why they have the security deposit? :)

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them if I can.

It sounds like you had a great stay. :)

How far from the parks and DTD is the resort? On the resorts website, it says it's 15 miles away from AK? Is that right? :eek:

We'll be spending 80% of our time at MK and Epcot, so those are the two I'd most like to know. :)

Another question I just thought of...how close to your villa are you able to park?

Another question I just thought of...how close to your villa are you able to park?

In most sections, very close. The older sections are actually much better than the newer sections because the buildings are much smaller and spread out. As Sheraton developed the last couple of sections, it was all about maximum density. So for Cascades and Fountains, parking is usually pretty good unless you are arriving late. Expect a short walk to your building if you stay late for Illuminations. In Courts or Spas, you are about 15 feet from your door.

Vistana Resort (and Villages too - they are only a couple of blocks apart) are very well situated for access to the parks. from SVR, you are located on SR535 (Apopka Vineland). For DTD, turn left from the resort entrance on 535, pass under I-4 and left at the next major intersection. Follow around to DTD - 5 min.

For MOST parks, easiest route is turn right from resort on 535, right on 536/World Center Drive (next light). World Center becomes Epcot Center Drive as you pass under I-4. The signage from here is good to MK, Epcot, and DHS. You can also follow the signage here for AK, but if you go one more light down 535, right on I-Drive South and Right on W Osceola Pkwy it is a more direct route to AK.

For SVV directions are similar, but you would turn left from entrance, and go South on I-Drive to World Center, a few lights, I-Drive ends, turn right. Go Straight for Disney locations. For DTD, Turn right at Vineland (at the Publix) and follow around to 535. Right, under I-4, and then left for DTD.

For anyone travelling around Disney, I strongly recommend a GPS. Orlando driving can be confusing, and although signage is really good getting to Disney, it is non-existent for getting back to your resort!

I was too lazy to turn on the GPS last year on the way home from MK, and quickly found myself miles past my turnoff before I realized I was going the wrong way. And I've driven that route a fair bit! (In my defense, I usually drive it in daylight, and it was late!) Maybe I should have taken off my :3dglasses...

For anyone travelling around Disney, I strongly recommend a GPS. Orlando driving can be confusing, and although signage is really good getting to Disney, it is non-existent for getting back to your resort!

WDW is closer to the resort than US/IOA, and it seemed simple enough on paper, but............ We got lost every single time we entered Disney property. :confused: Somehow we found our way back, but it sure was a round about way of doing it! I told the kids, WDW designed it to keep everyone on property! :rotfl:

We used 535 to I-4 every time we went to US, and 535 to 536 for WDW. Easy enough to access. We also used the gas stations, Cici's, Dunkin Donuts, Walmart and Wendy's of 535, it was very convenient.

We never had any trouble with parking, but we were generally back in to condo before 9 pm. The days were hot and tiring and we all enjoyed the condo. I know a lot of people post about only using their hotel to sleep, but we actually spend quite a bit of vacation time in our room, just relaxing or planning for the next day.

DH and I are retired and will be spending 2 weeks in January 2011 at the Vistana. We were given this as a gift through RCI :) and will be checking in on a Friday.

I've read this thread from the beginning and still am not sure about something. I will be having foot surgery very soon with a possible 2nd surgery in February. Although I do not need an accessible unit, I do need either a first floor or an elevator building. I have also been told that because it is an RCI booking, we MAY have to move after the first week.

Does anyone have any experience with RCI bookings in January (how busy would it be?). What are the probablities that we would have to move?

Also, since we are retired, we would prefer a quieter section. Any recommendation?

I've really enjoyed this thread and hope for some information from all you generous contributors.

DH and I are retired and will be spending 2 weeks in January 2011 at the Vistana. We were given this as a gift through RCI :) and will be checking in on a Friday.

I've read this thread from the beginning and still am not sure about something. I will be having foot surgery very soon with a possible 2nd surgery in February. Although I do not need an accessible unit, I do need either a first floor or an elevator building. I have also been told that because it is an RCI booking, we MAY have to move after the first week.

Does anyone have any experience with RCI bookings in January (how busy would it be?). What are the probablities that we would have to move?

Also, since we are retired, we would prefer a quieter section. Any recommendation?

I've really enjoyed this thread and hope for some information from all you generous contributors.

We stayed in the Falls section and LOVED how quiet it was - they have many first floor units and we parked right outside our door every day (this was in april) it was close to the Falls pool and the Courts quiet pool and very convenient - we loved it- enjoy your stay!

If you want a quiet section, and have a Friday check-in, ask for Spas. These are spacious but older units. The buildings are two storey, but you can request a lower unit through Diamond Lane request about 30 days prior. January is not too busy at the resort so they will probably be able to accomodate.

Other quiet sections with some Friday check-in are Palms and Springs, there is a (usually) very quiet pool in Springs section. Both sections are 3 storey buildings, no elevators. Note that Falls and Courts are Sunday and Saturday checkin only respectively.

IMO, I would avoid the denser sections in Cascades, Lakes and Fountains I/II. However, if you like the newer buildings, then Lakes Bldg 8 is Friday checkin has an elevator and does not front a pool. Most of the Fountains buildings with Friday checkin are right on the main pool :scared1:.

If your reservations are on a single number, then they should not make you move. If they are on 2 separate reservations, then they "might", but if you tag the two reservations together through the Diamond Lane request form, then I see no reason why they wouldn't try to accomodate.

Enjoy your stay!

I have another question. :)

We received our RCI certificate, with a number under my name and right above our address.

I filled out the diamond lane form (from the first page of this thread) with my requests, and I just received ANOTHER RCI certificate with a different number under my name (all other info is same).

:confused3

Did I get the second certificate because of the diamond lane requests?

I have another question. :)

We received our RCI certificate, with a number under my name and right above our address.

I filled out the diamond lane form (from the first page of this thread) with my requests, and I just received ANOTHER RCI certificate with a different number under my name (all other info is same).

:confused3

Did I get the second certificate because of the diamond lane requests?

I would call RCI to confirm why you have two certificates. Your Diamond Lane request goes to Starwood not to RCI, and I can't think of any reason why a request to Starwood would change your certificate. It's likely that a CSR at RCI can look it up and explain fairly easily.

I would call RCI to confirm why you have two certificates. Your Diamond Lane request goes to Starwood not to RCI, and I can't think of any reason why a request to Starwood would change your certificate. It's likely that a CSR at RCI can look it up and explain fairly easily.

Thanks! I'll do that tomorrow. :)

Hi! My family will be staying at Sheraton Vista in November. We made the reservation through RCI with my in-laws membership. I received an email confirming the reservation from RCI and also one that said we'd been gifted our stay from them but neither contained a confirmation number.
Is anyone familiar with RCI reservations, does that sound familiar?
I'm starting to think about putting in our Diamond Lane requests and that form requires a confirmation number.
Thanks for any help!!!

Hi! My family will be staying at Sheraton Vista in November. We made the reservation through RCI with my in-laws membership. I received an email confirming the reservation from RCI and also one that said we'd been gifted our stay from them but neither contained a confirmation number.
Is anyone familiar with RCI reservations, does that sound familiar?
I'm starting to think about putting in our Diamond Lane requests and that form requires a confirmation number.
Thanks for any help!!!

My DW and 3 DD's are staying at the Vistana Resort (29 days and counting - :banana:) through an RCI 'gift' and had the exact same situation - How do I fill out the Diamond Lane request w/out a conf #? I was a little concerned at first.
I simply called the resort directly and they looked up our reservation with our name and gave me our reservation #. They were very helpful...
I used the hotel reservation # on the diamond lane form...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter