Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

It's been a long time since we've stayed at the Vistana. Does anyone know how much mini-golf costs?

Hi everyone! I just booked the great deal over at All Ears: http://allears.net/acc/faq_villages.htm for $199 ($226 with tax) for 3 nights for a 1 BR. I was chatting with the agent and I asked about the kitchenette and asked if there was a stove or just a cook top. He said there was just a cook top but then he saw a 1BR with a full kitchen available for the whole time. I can't find any info about 1BR with full kitchens. Does that mean that this unit is in a specific building? Did I shoot myself in the foot by booking the full kitchen and not the kitchenette?

I have free dining booked now at POR but I am running the numbers to compare the two. I really like free dining but I also really like a 1 BR unit with a king bed, kitchen, washer & dryer and hot tub. We have APs and we're already renting a car so parking at WDW isn't a factor.

That link at AllEars seems to be to the Vistana Villages, which is actually a different resort than the Vistana Resort. I believe there's probably a thread on this board about the Villages.

im staying at the vistana resort end august and just called today to reserve a 1 bedroom in the cascades, i think this looks one of the nicer parts and newly refurbished too,

I have a few questions if poss?

1) What are the gym facilities like and if there is an image to share of this?
2) I heard you can hire a bike - does anyone know how much this costs?
3) There is a running track also I believe - is it big
4) where is the bar located that does the karaoke? there is also one open until late?

so if i wanted to book a room with a full kitchen, i didnt see any on the website, would you guys suggest that i call and make a reservation with them?? or make a reservation then call and confirm a full kitchen?

so if i wanted to book a room with a full kitchen, i didnt see any on the website, would you guys suggest that i call and make a reservation with them?? or make a reservation then call and confirm a full kitchen?

they all have full kitchens... so you're good. We had the whole shooting match - fridge, stove, oven, microwave, toaster , cabinets, breakfast bar -- awesome we were in a 2 bedroom in the Fall section and I LOVVVVEEED it. Would go back in a heartbeat!

We stayed there as part of our exchange through II for two weeks. We LOVED it and I dont think that we would exchange anywhere else. The Vistana resort location was great. We were close to everything. Also there was plenty to do on site and my girls 7 and 4 were just as happy being at the resort than at the parks. We stayed in Fountains II and were right next to the main pool for that area. I have FEW negitives about the resort...there was a little noise from the other rooms at times, and the bars close really early. We enjoyed Matt from the FUN TEAM and the girls loved playing all the games and activities they did around the pools. My mother and I even did Bingo one night! Our room was one of the newly updated ones and the quaility was great and we were really really impressed! Good luck and enjoy your stay!:cool1:

Can you let me know if they provided dish detergent, laundry detergent, toiletries and dish washer soap. Also, did they bring replacements if needed?

Thanks

No on the laundry detergent, yes on bar soap, can't remember on shampoo and other toiletries. We bought a box of dishwasher detergent. Someone had suggested packing a handful of the single detergent "pods" or whatever you call them but it was on my sister's list and she forgot! (blame the sister!). There may have been one single-use detergent packet in the kitchen.

Unless you pay extra for daily maid service, you get one mid-week refresher from housekeeping.

We're at the Vistana now, in Palms. Our room isn't renovated yet, but it's really in great condition. Obviously things are a bit dated (think ugly kitchen wallpaper), but everything is VERY clean, and really in great shape. The couch appears practically brand new.

There are 1 or 2 packages of dishwasher detergent. No laundry detergent and no dish soap for handwashing dishes. I did notice bar soap. Haven't really been here long enough to check for other toiletries.

We're at the Vistana now, in Palms. Our room isn't renovated yet, but it's really in great condition. Obviously things are a bit dated (think ugly kitchen wallpaper), but everything is VERY clean, and really in great shape. The couch appears practically brand new.

There are 1 or 2 packages of dishwasher detergent. No laundry detergent and no dish soap for handwashing dishes. I did notice bar soap. Haven't really been here long enough to check for other toiletries.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy your trip, we will be there next week.

Well, that is good to hear. I've been worrying about the room we might be getting and it was sort of putting a damper on the vacation.

If you can, can you provide some costs on the activities? Thx, and hope you enjoy your vacation!

Can you let me know if they provided dish detergent, laundry detergent, toiletries and dish washer soap. Also, did they bring replacements if needed?

Thanks

we bought a pack of those all in one purell sheets - throw one in the was then it in the dryer -- did it as part of our Garden Grocer order -- and they worked GREAT - and we coudl easily bring the leftovers home without worrying about spillage.

My ONE teeeny tiny complaint is that they have teeny coffe cups and i'm used to MUGS! I had to drink about 5 of those little cups LOL

How does the Diamond Lane thing work? When should I do this online? I want to request that we stay in the same unit for the 2 weeks we are there. Can I do it now-we arrive Oct 23/10?? What do we do when we check in then??

Thanks!

Go ahead and submit your Diamond Lane requests now. Then when enter the lobby to check in, go past the loooooong line of people checking in on the right side of the lobby to the Diamond Lane check-in desk just past them on the right. I believe there's a sign hanging above the Diamond Lane counter.

I put in a resort request through Diamond Lane and received an acknowledgement from them.

Should I still fax them? I think I read somewhere that it would be good to do?

We have 7 day tickets to US, so we will probably spend at least 3 days there.

Is the best route just to go up I-4? I am assuming that all the park exits are clearly marked?

Also, any suggestions on the nearest Seafood Restuarant, not too expensive. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter