Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

We are not heading to vistana resort feb 22nd 2011 . We are travelling with my parents (late 60's some mobility issues but no need for accessible room) and myself and my 2 sons. I will def need the bedroom to have 2 queens/doubles and a main floor. Only issue is that I am a starwood employee and we are not gauranteed anything other then the fact that we have a room. I am looking for more info but because this is mostly time share theres not much. Is there a section with elevators and 2 double beds in the 2nd bedroom. Please help.....

My DW and 3 DD's are staying at the Vistana Resort (29 days and counting - :banana:) through an RCI 'gift' and had the exact same situation - How do I fill out the Diamond Lane request w/out a conf #? I was a little concerned at first.
I simply called the resort directly and they looked up our reservation with our name and gave me our reservation #. They were very helpful...
I used the hotel reservation # on the diamond lane form...

Thank you!!

Typically how many digits are the reservation #'s? I just called to get mine since we are through RCI but the # given was only 6 digits long. I guess I am just use to longer confirmation/reservation #'s :confused3

TIA

Typically how many digits are the reservation #'s? I just called to get mine since we are through RCI but the # given was only 6 digits long. I guess I am just use to longer confirmation/reservation #'s :confused3

TIA

When I called the resort directly the number they provided me was 6 digits in length. This is likely the Vistana's internal reservation #, not an RCI confirmation #. I was not overly concerned since the resort did have all of my booking info & details... :)

We are not heading to vistana resort feb 22nd 2011 . We are travelling with my parents (early 60's some mobility issues(bad knees) but no need for accessible room) and myself and my 2 sons(12 and 4). I will def need the bedroom to have 2 queens/doubles and a main floor. Only issue is that I am a starwood employee and we are not gauranteed anything other then the fact that we have a room. I am looking for more info but because this is mostly time share theres not much.
1)Is there a section with elevators and 2 double beds in the 2nd bedroom?
2)We have reservations at chef mickeys the morning after we arrive at the contemporary resort on property.Is it wasiest to just drive right to contemporary resort then go over to the TTC center or just to go early to ttc and take monorail over to the contemporary resort? Our reservations are for 930 am and i wasnt sure if we should just be parked for the day before hand or after and which was easiest.
3)We are going february 22nd to march 3rd and wondering typically are the pools still usable or is it too chilly? We are coming from canada and unfortunatly that is the only time i could get my employee rate at the resort.
Please help I have posted before but not heard anything yet.
Countdown is on 131 more days to go......
:dance3:

Hi Mighty Mom!

I'll do my best on the Vistana questions:

We are not heading to vistana resort feb 22nd 2011 . We are travelling with my parents (early 60's some mobility issues(bad knees) but no need for accessible room) and myself and my 2 sons(12 and 4). I will def need the bedroom to have 2 queens/doubles and a main floor. Only issue is that I am a starwood employee and we are not gauranteed anything other then the fact that we have a room. I am looking for more info but because this is mostly time share theres not much.
1)Is there a section with elevators and 2 double beds in the 2nd bedroom?
Only the two newest sections have elevators; that would be Cascades and Lakes. All other sections are walk ups, but most ground floor units in the other sections are accessible.

I read here recently (not confirmed) that as a result of the recent renovations, all the two bedroom units except Courts section are "sleeps 8" which would indicate the presence of double beds in the 2nd bedroom. Courts is also to be avoided in your case as upper units have stairs to the 2nd bedroom on the 3rd floor.

You should check and see if *wood employees can use the Diamond Lane requests. They may be able to accomodate your request more easily if made in advance. Otherwise, I would head directly to the resort to have the best chance at changing if need be.

2)We have reservations at chef mickeys the morning after we arrive at the contemporary resort on property.Is it wasiest to just drive right to contemporary resort then go over to the TTC center or just to go early to ttc and take monorail over to the contemporary resort? Our reservations are for 930 am and i wasnt sure if we should just be parked for the day before hand or after and which was easiest.

Never done this, but assuming you are doing MK or Epcot, I would probably opt for the TTC and Monorail. It just sounds easier.

3)We are going february 22nd to march 3rd and wondering typically are the pools still usable or is it too chilly? We are coming from canada and unfortunatly that is the only time i could get my employee rate at the resort.
Please help I have posted before but not heard anything yet.
Countdown is on 131 more days to go......:dance3:

With our thick Canadian skins, the pools are plenty warm enough. We own @ Vistana for March break (about 2 weeks later) and have always enjoyed the pools, even during the unusual 2010 cold snap. The pool was warm, it was the cold air that was hard to take! :cold:

Have fun.

In looking over the website, it never says whether wifi is free at the resort.

Is it? :)

In looking over the website, it never says whether wifi is free at the resort.

Is it? :)

As of last March, it was still free. Shhh, don't say it too loud though... Sheraton might realized that they could make another buck there too. The wireless is a bit slow, but that is probably because of the size of resort; wireless coverage for 35 acres is harder than coverage for your home. You have to type in a passcode every 24 hours to authenticate and continue using the service.

As of last March, it was still free. Shhh, don't say it too loud though... Sheraton might realized that they could make another buck there too. The wireless is a bit slow, but that is probably because of the size of resort; wireless coverage for 35 acres is harder than coverage for your home. You have to type in a passcode every 24 hours to authenticate and continue using the service.

Ok, thanks. Their wording on the website is confusing and I didn't want to use it if I was going to be charged for it.

Do they give you a passcode?

Ok, thanks. Their wording on the website is confusing and I didn't want to use it if I was going to be charged for it.

Do they give you a passcode?

You can ask when you check in, or call down to the front desk if you forget to ask. I don't recall seeing it "posted" anywhere in the unit.

We are booked in at Sheraton Resort for the last week of February 2011, friends are owners, although they have exchanged over the last two years, suggested that we stay in the Lakes Village. We understand this was renovated in 2008, my question is has anyone stayed there recently and are the rooms well maintained as far as cleanliness. (wear and tear) They have suggested also that this is a quieter area of the resort , is that still the case?

We are booked in at Sheraton Resort for the last week of February 2011, friends are owners, although they have exchanged over the last two years, suggested that we stay in the Lakes Village. We understand this was renovated in 2008, my question is has anyone stayed there recently and are the rooms well maintained as far as cleanliness. (wear and tear) They have suggested also that this is a quieter area of the resort , is that still the case?

All of Vistana has been renovated over the past couple of years with just a couple of sections yet to complete, chances are that you will get a renovated unit no matter where you land, but Courts will not be completed when you are travelling.

Lakes is nice, and about half the units I would consider quiet. Lakes buildings 1 and 10 are very near one of the larger pools (can be noisy), and 6 is pretty close to I-4. The rest of the buildings are probably acceptable.

I have not stayed in Lakes, but the entire resort is run by Sheraton and maintained to Sheraton standards. It is unusual to hear complaints about cleanliness or maintenance, but not impossible.

The resort is huge and has a lot to offer no matter where you stay. Enjoy your visit!

Thank you for the information. This is our 4th trip to Florida and except for our 1st year at a resort (Spa?) where the time share salesperson almost became physically assaulting towards my husband when we refused to purchase, we have had extremely good luck as far as requests(left alone) and accommodation quality. The Sheraton does seem to go out of their way to make you feel like part of their family, in our experience.

Thanks again.

Hi, could someone please tell me what sections at Vistana have Sunday check-ins? I've tried searching this thread and other websites but can't find anything for Sundays:confused3
I'm probably not looking in the right place. Thank you!!

This is what I've come up with from various message boards & looking at the resort map:

Courts - Saturday only
Falls - Sunday only
Spas - Friday only
Springs - F,Sa,Su
Palms - F,Sa,Su
Fountains I - Fri, Sa, Su
Fountains II - Sa, Su only
Lakes - F,Sa,Su
Cascades - F,Sa,Su

We stayed there last spring & will be back in late Feb/early March!! :cool1:

Thank you Amy!! We'll be there Sunday, I sent in a Diamond Lane request asking for a renovated area so we'll see. I'll be sure to give a review when we get back :goodvibes

Since you mentioned diamond lane check-in, I have a question about that; how do you know your request went through ok, have to call? Never got any kind of email confirmation even though it asked for an email address on the form.

Since you mentioned diamond lane check-in, I have a question about that; how do you know your request went through ok, have to call? Never got any kind of email confirmation even though it asked for an email address on the form.

I got an email about a week after I sent in the request. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter