Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

I am still trying to decide what to try and request as well and was wondering if anyone could tell me what sections have larger screened in patios as opposed to just balconies? Any of the rehabbed sections?

I'm in the same boat as several of you. We booked through RCI. It says we have an 8/6 2 bedroom. I don't see a reservation number. How do I go about doing the Diamond Lane check-in? Also, which section should I request if any?

Several years ago. DH and I stayed at the Vistana with several others relatives. We stayed in one in the older sections (honetsly can't remember which one) while our relatives stayed in a newer one. The newer one had a valted ceiling which was nice... but honestly DH and I thought our older room was much nicer! We're going agin in December and are excited to stay at the Vistana again. We booked through RCI and have a sleep 8/ 6 private and truely hope to get one of the same older rooms. But really we don't care. From what I've seen the entire resort is nice and all the rooms I've been in have been great. :yay:

We just got back from a week in a 2 bedroom Fountains rooom, 2nd floor. Gorgeous doesn't do it justice.

Granite kitchen, lovely furnishings. Clean Clean Clean.

Everything the pre posters have raved about and more.

My personal favorite thing.....you can still see Stacy in WDW's top things to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in my glory and finally felt that being off grounds was not as remote as I always thought it was.

Never got past our own pool, which was wonderful with a waterfall and a massuse for hire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We loved it.

We were booked thru II in a Cascades room, but I called the hotel and asked for a renovated room, and we got it.

Best of luck to everyone!

No, this hotel is located on 535 near Bennigan's. If you go down Hotel Blvd away from DTD and get to Crossroads (where Publix is) take a right and it's up there on the right. Extremely convenient and I've stayed several times and have never been disappointed. Wonderful resort.

My husband's parents have booked a week at the Sheraton Vistana the same week we will be there. I have already submitted our Diamond Lane pre-arrival requests for our condo. They have not put theirs in yet.

What is the best way to request units that are close to each other? Should they include our reservation number on their request? We have no idea what our unit will be. Can we call to find out which section our condo will be in? The trip is still 2 months off.

Thanks!

We just got back from a week in a 2 bedroom Fountains rooom, 2nd floor. Gorgeous doesn't do it justice.

Granite kitchen, lovely furnishings. Clean Clean Clean.

Everything the pre posters have raved about and more.

My personal favorite thing.....you can still see Stacy in WDW's top things to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in my glory and finally felt that being off grounds was not as remote as I always thought it was.

Never got past our own pool, which was wonderful with a waterfall and a massuse for hire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We loved it.

We were booked thru II in a Cascades room, but I called the hotel and asked for a renovated room, and we got it.

Best of luck to everyone!

Love readin this -- we are booked for a week in April and am hopeing we get Fountains I or II -- your post made my day!
Katie

Yay! Have a great stay Katie. It's a different kind of trip, being off grounds. But we really made the most of it and had a blast. Have fun!

Yay! Have a great stay Katie. It's a different kind of trip, being off grounds. But we really made the most of it and had a blast. Have fun!

Thanks! I think I' m ready for an off site trip. When we went before my dd was 4 and being on site was easier but at 10 (she'll be nearly 11 by then) I think it will be good for us to escape the "magic" for a bit and relax in a different atmosphere...!

We were at the resort last week and it was beautiful! We were in the fountains section, building six, room 1438 and it was just wonderful. Plenty of space, the kitchen was beautiful. I personally didn't like the mattresses, but DH loved them. I would definately recommend this resort!

We are considering our 1st off site stay next summer (June 10). Last summer we stayed in 2 all Star Music rooms and didn't go to one late night or early entry. That was always the perk we had used in the past and the one that kept us coming back onsite. We also spent a lot more time in the pool as it was sooooo hot the week we were there. (record temps) I am thinking I would enjoy having the extra space and a kitchen for some simple meals. I think if there are June discounts they will be out in the next couple months and I want to be ready to make a wise decision.

My husband's parents have booked a week at the Sheraton Vistana the same week we will be there. I have already submitted our Diamond Lane pre-arrival requests for our condo. They have not put theirs in yet.

What is the best way to request units that are close to each other? Should they include our reservation number on their request? We have no idea what our unit will be. Can we call to find out which section our condo will be in? The trip is still 2 months off.

Thanks!

Yes, I'm quoting myself! :upsidedow

I called the Diamond Lane request phone number and the agent there was very helpful. She linked our two reservations somehow and made a note of our needs (ground floor or elevator access since someone in our party has a mobility issue). I'm glad I called -- we have a 2BR booked and our other party has a 1BR and the agent said we probably would have been put in different sections. Hopefully we'll be in the same section and not too far apart. I just didn't want to be on the opposite side of the resort.

Does anyone know if Vistana has cribs/pack n plays or high chairs available?

We are booked through RCI for Feb 21-28 :) with an 8/6.

We can't wait! We are just goint to get away so have no official plans (as of now).

Mom, Dad, DD7, DD15mos

Hi everyone-

I have traded one of my Hyatt timeshares thru II to Sheraton Vistana Villages. They gave us unit: 09108 on our confirmation paperwork. Does this mean we are in building 9, 1st floor, unit 08?

If so, Can you tell me whereabouts in the resort that is...please!!!! It is a one bedroom and we are checking in on a Sunday. We would like to know which area we are in, what kind of view we have and if there is a screened in patio/balcony:)

I see there is a request we can make, but if this unit is somewhere where we we would be happy, we wouldn't have to do that!!!!

Thanks.................This will be our 1st visit to Vistana Villages, so we are really looking forward to it!

The Vistana Villages is a separate complex on a different highway from the Vistana Resort. They are not the same.

We exchanged thru RCI and were told we will get the room that was traded in which I called about and was told it is in Fountains room 1567. Would this mean that it is ground floor? Close to pool? Is fountains fully renovated?

I already did the Diamond lane register and requested a crib. Is there are a charge for the crib?

We added a day onto the beginning of our RCI week and they told us we would be able to stay on instead of moving us, hope so.

I hate to be a bummer. But, we stayed here 2 years ago and it was the worst vacation we've have ever had. We actually own a Sheraton timeshare (Myrtle Beach) and exchanged for the week. I agreed to go to their talk to learn of the "new" things that were going on in the world of Sheraton Timeshares. They told me that it would last no longer than one hour and we'd get a free breakfast and 3,000 points for our AmEx credit card. After 2 hours of meeting with a pushy (doesn't even touch it) salesman tell us how ignorant we were for not buying more points. We asked to see a Manager to complain. He told us the same thing. We were crazy not to buy as prices were about to increase. I was dumbfounded. Then had to stand in line for another 45 minutes to fill out a form for my points. I wasn't about to get nothing for this experience. I called Sheraton to complain and nothing. I've tried to sell my timeshare since and no takers (wonder why). Since, we've purchased DVC and haven't looked back. Just wanted to make people aware. Don't agree to the "schpeel"!

I have a question for those who have stayed here:

Are the park shuttles convenient or would it be worth it to rent a car? We have never stayed of-site before, so I feel like a fish out of water.

Thanks for the info :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter