Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

I think I'll request the Fountains as 1st choice and 2nd the Falls (it's just 4 of us) since the it looks like the rehab will be done and fits the 8/6 criteria. Can I request this way?

Do you have any suggestions on where to stay on the 3rd that's close to the Vistana?

Yes....Falls is 8/6 and Fountains is 8/8....but anything is worth a chance.

I don't even stay anywhere but Vistana and onsite in WDW. I know Bryan's Spanish Cove, Caribe Royale, Nick Hotel, Sheraton Safari, Cypress Pointe....I don't know what rate you're interested in since it's only one night. Also, all the Downtown Disney hotels are maybe 3-4 traffic lights away. Maybe someone who has more first-hand experience could chime in ?

Maria

OK...so Courts E37 ---not what we expected. Maria--where would person 7 and 8 sleep? would they bring in a roll-a-way? where would they put it, the kitchen?

YES...the resort was at fault for my husband's accident. however, when we left there was STILL an orange cone at the site and it had not yet been fixed. the cover was faulty and the pipe that my husband cut his hand on was very sharp (why?). The security guard was very nice about everything. She came out after we called (took about 20 min) the office the first time. after about 15 min of the blood not stopping with pressure, we called back to the front desk and asked for directions to the hospital. soon after we hung up, the security team arrived, dealt with us, then took pics and roped off the area as we were driving away.
She did get all of our contact info and said that Risk Management will review the situation. she mentioned that they 'usually' cover the expenses incured. we'll wait to hear from them.

I guess we should have pressured them more at that point and asked to change condos as compensation. but instead we stuck it out--until the rain and hail came on tuesday afternoon.

So...our down day--spending the day at the pools. The rain/thunder and lightning and HAIL came about 330. 30 min in. my almost 3 yr old yells from his bed. it was wet. the roof was leaking. So, we were throwing things into our bags as we called the front desk to demand a move. maintainance came out "yep, that's bad" is all he could say. they wanted to ONLY move us to another courts...but after a bit of arguing, they sent the shuttle over with 2 keys and told us to decide. courts #1 or Cascades #2512. We took the cascades!!!

The rest of the trip was uneventful. thank goodness!!

--Kelley

Any owners here? There are some deals on Ebay for Red Weeks in the fountains section. I am thinking this is a good opportunity to buy.

Can anyone tell me the format of the Sheraton Vistana Resrvation Numbers, as I have a feeling that our travel agent has given me 'there' reference number (which covers the entrire trip ) and not the res number specifically relating to the accomodation at Vistana

The number I have is a 8 digit one begining 01 (eg 01********)

Is this the correct format does anyone know, as we I wish to use the Diamond Check in, and don't want to put the wrong number on the form.

Cheers

Following up on this, I think that I am best to ask Sheraton Vistana directly if the res number I have been given by my travel agent is the one they need me to use for diamond check in- But I woukd rather email them - does anyone have an email address? Only Tel & Fax on their website?

Advance thanks

Thanks so much for following up. Again, hope everything turns out well for you and your family. Enjoy your vacation and look forward to hearing from you when you return.

Kristen :)

I just returned today from the Sheraton Vistana Resort. I exchanged through RCI and made my special request using the diamond lane a few weeks before check in and I also faxed a request about a week before checkin. I requested a newly renovated room ground level close to a pool. They came through all the way. I received one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. These people done a great job honoring my request. I stayed in the fountains section building 31 room 1507. We could walk right out of our back door to a huge pool. I would not hesitate to stay here again as a matter of fact I would seek out this resort if I get to return to orlando. They were very nice and the property was wonderful. Anyone that has any questions about this section I will try and answer any questions. I just wanted to post and let everyone know because some of us was not sure how they honored RCI exchange request. They did in my case. I think they will try in all cases that they can. Also i arrived early around 2:00pm and they let me check right on in no problem.

I just returned today from the Sheraton Vistana Resort. I exchanged through RCI and made my special request using the diamond lane a few weeks before check in and I also faxed a request about a week before checkin. I requested a newly renovated room ground level close to a pool. They came through all the way. I received one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. These people done a great job honoring my request. I stayed in the fountains section building 31 room 1507. We could walk right out of our back door to a huge pool. I would not hesitate to stay here again as a matter of fact I would seek out this resort if I get to return to orlando. They were very nice and the property was wonderful. Anyone that has any questions about this section I will try and answer any questions. I just wanted to post and let everyone know because some of us was not sure how they honored RCI exchange request. They did in my case. I think they will try in all cases that they can. Also i arrived early around 2:00pm and they let me check right on in no problem.

Hi - So glad to hear that your room requests were honored. We are headed to Vistana in 2 weeks and sent in our diamond lane request and plan on faxing next Monday. I am keeping my fingers crossed!! Sounds nice having the pool right outside your door! And you were happy at Fountains? Were you close to market/arcade or anything else?

Hi - So glad to hear that your room requests were honored. We are headed to Vistana in 2 weeks and sent in our diamond lane request and plan on faxing next Monday. I am keeping my fingers crossed!! Sounds nice having the pool right outside your door! And you were happy at Fountains? Were you close to market/arcade or anything else?

Yes we were very pleased with the Fountains area. They had an arcade, fitness room, bar and grill, vollyball right beside pool, shuffleboard, basketball and the rec center all right there close, really close. The fountains food court is also real close, serving Pizza hut, Kentucy Fried Chicken and A&W. They are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays though. The Market place was not real far but a little walk for sure. If you get the Fountains I think you will be very satisfied with your stay. Disney is also not far at all. We just took a right turn out of the resort on 535, went down to take a right turn on 536 and it took us striaght to Disney. If you go back up to I4 it takes longer more congestion in the traffic.

Does anyone have a general email address direct to the Sheraton Vistana Please. I have the fax, and a very generic global email for STARWOOD, but I would like to email them directly please if anyone has it?

Advance thanks

I'm so happy to hear that everything turned out so wonderful! Was it Fountains I or Fountains II? Also I have a question on transportation, did you happen to rent a car and if so, did you pick up at the airport or off site? Rates seem really high, so trying figure out the best course of action.

Thanks again for the review!
Kristen

I love Vistana. We are headed there this week. We prefer to stay in the Palms section. It's one of the older sections - but I love the sernity - and they have wonderful screened in porches overlooking the fountains. I love it. The Palms just went through renovation too - so they are all new.

My least favorite section is the Courts - it's Very close to the super pool - but I don't care! I hate the layout of those units. It's two stories with a vaulted ceiling - and all the noise goes up to where the kids are. And I think in general I don't like the two story thing.

I'm so happy to hear that everything turned out so wonderful! Was it Fountains I or Fountains II? Also I have a question on transportation, did you happen to rent a car and if so, did you pick up at the airport or off site? Rates seem really high, so trying figure out the best course of action.

Thanks again for the review!
Kristen

We stayed in the Fountains I. Sorry I cant help with the rent car, we drove down in our own car.

Hi experts,
I stayed at the VR 5 years ago. I have heard that many areas were scheduled to be updated. What sections have been updated recently?

We stayed at SRV in May (see my reports a couple pages back).

We originally were in the Courts. Had NOT been renovated and actually had to moe due to a leak in the roof on the 3rd day.

Rental car --I used priceline for the first time. I think I paid $12 per day for a mid sized car (plus taxes). ours was through...enterprise I think...it was in the airport. MOST are from what it looked like.

Enjoy your trip.

-Kelley

Ansadler, some of your photos did not come through in the body of your post.

Have you posted them elsewhere on the site? I'd love to see more of the renovated Fountains.

Thanks

Hi Everyone - Special Shout Out To Maria!! We've been home almost a week now, and Im finally getting around to this. We left for Disney on June 9th and spent an week at CBR. Two connecting rooms with the 4/3 deal worked out pretty well for our family of 6. Then week two we headed to Sheraton Vistana Resort. My big kids 15, 12 and 10 were in heaven with the accomodations!!! We got ALL of our requests. We were in a newly renovated unit in the Lakes section. We were right across the street from the zero entry pool. We enjoyed this pool over the Foutains (which was also very easy to get to) because it was much quieter, and the zero entry was perfect with the baby.

The best part of the Vistana for us was the extra space. We had the 2 bedroom villa. My girls had their own room. My husband, baby and I had our room, and my 15 year old son had the queen sleeper in the living area. It was great having a kitchen and two full bathrooms as well. Everyone could spread out and relax.

We spent week 2 relaxing. We did Universal 2 days and Coco Beach 1. The rest of the time we let the kids sleep in, swim and use the basketball and tennis courts on the property (mostly at night since it was VERY HOT)

Well I just wanted to thank Maria for all of her good "on the money" advice. I would recommend the Vistana for large families who want off property accomodations. Enjoy Summer Everyone!

Our favorite area at the Vistana has always been the Springs, because of the mature landscaping, the nice little pool, and the master bath big enough to skate in. (not to mention the Miami vice colors, and the "vacuum cleaner" hair dryers!)

We'll be going in August for 2 weeks. My confirmations are for Lakes and Fountains, which would be fine. But can anyone tell me if the Springs refurb finished on schedule?

Are Springs units now hard to get? (They used to be really easy, because nobody wanted them).

Is the Sheraton Vistana Villages different than the Vistana Resort?

What's the difference?:confused3

Here is my review. Sorry it's long...

We stayed here for 8 nights starting July 5th. Check-in was smooth, although they did not grant my section request. I didn’t expect them to as I was an RCI exchange which gets low priority over owners. The RCI exchange was a week and we bought an extra night, and they did arrange it so we would not have to change rooms for the extra night which was nice.

We were in Cascades (Bldg 12 #2747), one of the sections that has not yet been renovated. Our building had an elevator. We got a 2-bedroom villa. I was told the rooms were now non-smoking, but in the past smoking was allowed, and while it wasn’t overwhelming the villa did have a smell to it. Kind of like old smoke and something they used to try to cover it up. There was a sign in the villa to only smoke on the balcony or there would be a $200 fee.

I had read in previous reviews about problems with dirty carpets, and unfortunately this is spot on. Ours was visibly dirty, and after 2 hours of the kids running around barefoot the bottoms of their feet were black. I called guest relations and the carpet was cleaned the following day. They did a good job, no more dirty feet. I just wish they could have done it before we got there. The balcony was also quite dirty. People obviously put their cigarettes out on the floor and wall and housekeeping did not clean it. It was screened in which I liked. 4 chairs out there & a little table, plus a ceiling fan.

Other than that, the villa was pretty nice. Washer/dryer, full-sized refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher – even a garbage disposal which was nice. There was a dining table w/ 6 chairs, and 2 stools at a kitchen counter. The living room had a sofa bed, 2 chairs and a coffee table. There were TVs in the living room & the 2 bedrooms, plus a DVD player in the LR. DVD player kept skipping but when we complained they replaced it within an hour. Free channels included 3 HBOs and Showtime. No movies on demand but there were DVDs available for rent in the Activities Center and there was a very good selection of recent titles.

On to the bedrooms. King size bed in master, plus two full size beds in the 2nd BR. Beds were very hard. The master had a nice big Jacuzzi tub, plus a bathroom with a shower. The 2nd bedroom’s bathroom had a shower/tub. The bathrooms each had an area outside the door with an extra sink, counter and mirror space. In the master there was also a stool in this area to sit & do your makeup, etc. Both bedrooms had big double closets with mirror doors. Master closet had a safe for valuables. We were able to fit a playpen into the 2nd bedroom.

As for outside the villa, this resort has some nice features. There are several pools including the Cascades pool which we used. Pool had a large shallow section for the little ones with sprinklers in the middle for the kids to run through. Pool also has a waterfall and a deeper section. There was a surrey bike rental near that pool, which we did not do, but it looked fun. In addition to DVDs, the Activities Center had some toys for kids to play with, and board games and toys to rent for your room. The marketplace has a deli counter and a decent selection of groceries, as well as free internet access, though there are only 2 computers there so you might have to wait a bit. The food court delivers, but is closed at strange times such as 2PM on a Sunday. The restaurant by the Cascades pool was also closed on Saturday night at 7PM which was weird and inconvenient. We got massages by the pool one day which was very nice. You could hear the waterfall and they have a fan blowing on you so it is nice and cool. I highly recommend that. It seemed like there were a lot of fun scheduled activities, although we did not participate as we were doing the Disney parks and then crashing when we got back. I heard karaoke one night at the pool by the Activities Center.

All in all this resort was passable and suited our needs, but I would not stay there again due to the cleanliness issues.

I hope some of you Vistana experts can help me out! I have a 2 bedroom booked through RCI in Sept. I will be traveling alone with my two little girls (3 and 5). I am obviously a little concerned about safety but I am also concerned about getting an older unit that might smell like smoke. I am HIGHLY allergic to smoke.
Since I am renting through RCI I realize that I will be low priority for any request but what area should I request to ensure quiet for the children at nighttime, easy access to a building/unit for me (who will likely be carrying the kids in at night), close to a kids - zero entry pool, and a newly remodeled unit? Also, what are the chances that I will get a newly remodeled unit even though I am going through RCI? I am so nervous about this!!!! Please provide any helpful suggestions!

thanks in advance guys!

The Cascades are the last to get remodeled, as they were the last to be built. The renovations there start in August I was told. So, stay anywhere but there if you want a renovated room. The rooms there are not too bad, however I agree with the previous post on the cleanliness issue. The renovation will help this, but if housekeeping does not improve, it will be just as run down and dirty after a year or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter