• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Hi All - It's been quiet here for a while - hopefully someone can answer a few questions for me!

If we have a package through Costco, is Diamond Lane check-in still available to us? How early would you recommend we call and make any special requests? Our arrival date is October 20.

We booked our package through JetBlue Getaways, and we were able to use Diamond Lane with no issues (I believe its available to anyone :thumbsup2). We submitted our requests 2 weeks in advance, and every one was honoured.

Hi All - It's been quiet here for a while - hopefully someone can answer a few questions for me!

If we have a package through Costco, is Diamond Lane check-in still available to us? How early would you recommend we call and make any special requests? Our arrival date is October 20.

Also, what's the Publix like nearby? Do they have carry-out meals ready to go, like sandwiches, pizzas, etc...? We are thinking of doing a few lunches/dinners at our condo to save some $$$...

There are a couple of Publix within easy drive of the resort. We prefer the one at Vineland and I-Drive (but approach via I-Drive to avoid traffic). It is more upscale than the one at 535/192 (Irlo Bronson). Yes they have a fair selection prepared foods that you can take away either hot or heat and serve.

Thanks everyone! We cannot WAIT for our trip - doing MNSSHP, Universal parks, Food and Wine, and heading down to Theme Park Connection for shopping - I'm so glad we picked this resort because of the great location!

Can't believe it ,its that time again planning vacation 2014.I guess we all know where we will be staying. This site and those that have helped in planning have been a blessing ,to bad others still choose to seek third party advise and suffer a less than memorable vacation as our friends did.(Family of five) Choosing to travel in August to get that great deal?I advised them of our trips to Disney and the problems because of poor planning,They booked through a travel agent locally that was offering great on site value at one of the Disney resorts??.(All inclusive) They were booked flights with two stop overs each way,first in Toronto with a thirty minute stop over ??,missed that flight and were able to arrive at Orlando some six hours late.Arrived at resort 130 am with the first park planned for that morning,arrived at buffet breakfast to find apx. hundred others in a feeding frenzy, arrived at MK to find it was at max capacity by early morning unprepared no water, snacks 100 degrees plus. My I need say more of their fist day a Disney theme park,no preferred guest passes?? only regular lines for rides.(fast passes long gone) Price did not offer any meals,drinks in the parks ,only at the resort.(Great deal?)Arrived back at resort first night to find cold remnants of a buffet offered.Were given a two bed sofa for five night stay ,mini fridge only, nights music noise kept them up until after 12, 1am. Seems this scenario repeated its self threw out the stay& at all parks they attempted to take in in such a short time.(Blizzard Beach?) , attempted to enjoy pool(s) at resort but were so crowded even in the later part of the day that this was futile. So it appears that although the were able to visit Disney, they were not able to return with the magic memory that this once great theme park offered.With the extra cost of quality affordable meals off resort,thousands to stay in what is portrayed as a luxury resort,it would seem they did not get that great deal.The point is do your research before you PAY. Take the advice of those that have traveled before you.Find a quality off site resort like SVR,that gives you a full kitchen to prepare your own snack,meals,and is only a short drive away. Rent a car! Although many resorts offer shuttle it does not give you the freedom to travel around the Orlando area,Taxis are not cheap,planning two weeks Feb /March 2014 This trip most likely , Universal and enjoy the pools and all that is offered at SVR.

We're getting ready for our vaca which starts next week. I have a couple of last minute questions (and maybe more)...

Has anyone ever had a massage at the resort? Are they offered both at the gym and poolside? What is the cost or where can I find it?

Does the Lakes pool have a bar and snackbar?

Thanks!

We're getting ready for our vaca which starts next week. I have a couple of last minute questions (and maybe more)...

Has anyone ever had a massage at the resort? Are they offered both at the gym and poolside? What is the cost or where can I find it?

Thanks!

Never had a massage, but the following is from the Sheraton site:

Let your cares drift away when you indulge in a relaxing massage. Specializing in Swedish, deep-tissue, sports, aromatherapy, and reflexology techniques, SpaFreshing Massage’s trained professionals will ensure that your vacation is worry-free.

Indulge in a 25-, 50-, or 80-minute treatment in one of our exceptional private massage rooms and poolside cabanas. For appointments, call (888) 611-1060.

I would suggest a quick call to that number to confirm cost and availability.

Lakes/Fountains pools are centrally located in the North Side complex with easy access to the Liki Tiki Bar and Snack Bar.

Thanks!

I had a massage at the end of our 2 week stay in June. My back was very tight for most of our trip and toward the last few days we were at the Cascades pool when we noticed the pool side massage available. The lady was very nice and said she had an appointment in the upstairs massage room at the Falls pool and if I wanted to meet their after the appointment it would be more relaxing. She was right! Very quiet and the masseuse was wonderful. I know next June I will start my Vacation with this splurge of luxury. As for price I believe I paid $100 for the hour plus tip. Hope that helps.:thumbsup2

Hi guys. Getting closer to our stay and can't seem to find the link to Diamond Lane anymore on the website. Anyone know where to find the link so I can do my early check in/requests? Thank you!

Thanks for the responses regarding the spa/massage. We're leaving tomorrow and I can't wait.

We are scheduled to check in on Saturday. So excited! I have a question, hopefully someone can answer.

We are renting directly from an owner. I sent in my Diamond Lane request with my information last week. I just got a call from a guy at Sheraton Vistana to confirm our arrival. He went over all the amenities and said I could check in early. Sent me a confirmation email and it says I have a VIP check in. I'm supposed to go directly to Cascades Recreation Center. He wants to bring me to my villa and do an inspection. What does that mean?
is this the timeshare presentation (which I do NOT want to do)?

So my question is...do I ignore the email and go to the Diamond Lane Checkin at the Main Reception like the owner told me to do?

Thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread. I read the whole thing months ago when we were planning this vacation. I can't remember if this was already discussed. Sorry if it was :)

We are scheduled to check in on Saturday. So excited! I have a question, hopefully someone can answer.

We are renting directly from an owner. I sent in my Diamond Lane request with my information last week. I just got a call from a guy at Sheraton Vistana to confirm our arrival. He went over all the amenities and said I could check in early. Sent me a confirmation email and it says I have a VIP check in. I'm supposed to go directly to Cascades Recreation Center. He wants to bring me to my villa and do an inspection. What does that mean?
is this the timeshare presentation (which I do NOT want to do)?

So my question is...do I ignore the email and go to the Diamond Lane Checkin at the Main Reception like the owner told me to do?

Thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread. I read the whole thing months ago when we were planning this vacation. I can't remember if this was already discussed. Sorry if it was :)

I don't think it has been discussed here, but that is EXACTLY what VIP checkin implies. The Cascades Recreation Centre is also one of two sales presentation centres on the resort. The only reason for them to check you in there is to start buttering you up for a sales presentation. It seems a bit bold the way they appear to have directed you into this; "VIP" checkin is usually for those people who have arranged a discounted vacation that requires a timeshare presentation.

I would do as you propose; go to the main reception area and checkin using the normal process. If they try to reroute you to "VIP" politely decline, and request your room key there. I can only think that somehow your call got routed to Sales when you tried to call Diamond Lane; this really shouldn't happen!

We are a couple in our early 30s. My parents have given us a week at this resort in November :) Any advice or tips for staying here would be helpful.

Does anyone have any advice on picking a location/villa at this resort?

Will we need to rent a car? With the parking at Disney being so expensive, I'm wondering if just using the resort shuttle and taxis would make more sense. I envision us hanging out at the resort and going to a few Disney parks. We also enjoy our cocktails on vacation so driving isn't always the best idea.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any advice on picking a location/villa at this resort?

all of the villas have been completely renovated in the last few years, so it's hard to go wrong. depends on your check-in date, which pool you want to be close to and what style of furnishings you prefer.

i like the lakes section, but opinions differ.

Will we need to rent a car? With the parking at Disney being so expensive, I'm wondering if just using the resort shuttle and taxis would make more sense. I envision us hanging out at the resort and going to a few Disney parks. We also enjoy our cocktails on vacation so driving isn't always the best idea.

IMO, rent a car. if you are staying offsite, i would not rely on resort shuttles as a primary means of transportation. that's just a general rule.

So excited to have received my Diamond Lane confirmation email today!!!!! SO looking forward to go back to our 'home away from home' in about two weeks!! Anyone else going in the next couple weeks?!?

So excited to have received my Diamond Lane confirmation email today!!!!! SO looking forward to go back to our 'home away from home' in about two weeks!! Anyone else going in the next couple weeks?!?

Have a great vacation!!! We aren't back until August :sad1: which still seems like a LONG way off.

Did you request a certain section?

Can't wait to hear about your trip when you return :) .

Have a great vacation!!! We aren't back until August :sad1: which still seems like a LONG way off.

Did you request a certain section?

Can't wait to hear about your trip when you return :) .

Thank you!!!!! Yes, Cascades. If not available, Fountains. We enjoyed both locations, so we are happy with either. We cannot wait!! It truly is our favorite place to stay!!!!

Just wanted to Thank Everyone for all of their insight on the Vistana Resort. After a year of planning, we leave tomorrow! We were told that we'll be staying in the Cascades.

Just wanted to Thank Everyone for all of their insight on the Vistana Resort. After a year of planning, we leave tomorrow! We were told that we'll be staying in the Cascades.

Have a great time! You are going to love it!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter