Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Can anyone comment on SVR's accessible rooms? We have two 2-bedrooms, both that sleep 8. Our friends joining us need an accessible room. Does each section have them? I assume they are all on the bottom level, but want to confirm. Any significant differences with the rooms, other than typical accessible accommodations?

Can anyone comment on SVR's accessible rooms? We have two 2-bedrooms, both that sleep 8. Our friends joining us need an accessible room. Does each section have them? I assume they are all on the bottom level, but want to confirm. Any significant differences with the rooms, other than typical accessible accommodations?

I would call to discuss specific needs with the resort. Vistana is setup well for accessibility, with lifts in the pools, curb cuts and ramps throughout. If the issue is simple mobility, then all sections have ground floor access rooms. If your friend needs full barrier free washroom with roll in shower, hoyer lift etc, then I expect there may be some sections that won't be able to accomodate. A quick call to the resort should get you the information you seek. Be sure to post your findings back here for others to see!

I don't think it has been discussed here, but that is EXACTLY what VIP checkin implies. The Cascades Recreation Centre is also one of two sales presentation centres on the resort. The only reason for them to check you in there is to start buttering you up for a sales presentation. It seems a bit bold the way they appear to have directed you into this; "VIP" checkin is usually for those people who have arranged a discounted vacation that requires a timeshare presentation.

I would do as you propose; go to the main reception area and checkin using the normal process. If they try to reroute you to "VIP" politely decline, and request your room key there. I can only think that somehow your call got routed to Sales when you tried to call Diamond Lane; this really shouldn't happen!

We were told to go to the Cascades rec center for "VIP check-in" on Saturday. We're arriving there around 5pm, so I don't know how busy it will be in the main reception center.

Should we avoid this and go to the main desk? We don't want to waste our time or theirs. My MIL (who is coming with us) used to own a couple of timeshares and has sold them. There is no chance we will buy. So I'm wondering if being upfront with them about it will do any good or if we should just not do the VIP thing.

We were told to go to the Cascades rec center for "VIP check-in" on Saturday. We're arriving there around 5pm, so I don't know how busy it will be in the main reception center.

Should we avoid this and go to the main desk? We don't want to waste our time or theirs. My MIL (who is coming with us) used to own a couple of timeshares and has sold them. There is no chance we will buy. So I'm wondering if being upfront with them about it will do any good or if we should just not do the VIP thing.

Again, it would depend on the conditions on your reservation. There are a few organizations that offer deeply discounted vacations at various timeshare properties on the condition that you attend the presentation. Even Starwood has been directly offering a fair number of vacation deals to their timeshare resorts for the purpose of timeshare presentations. Check your booking conditions; if this is the case you may as well get this over with ASAP. There is a regular flow of people through the main reception centre that have VIP check-in and will need to go through the process.

If you do not have any such condition on your booking - i.e. a timeshare exchange through II, RCI or similar; a regular booking through Sheraton/Starwood; or a booking through a regular TA or Tour Operator then you should be able to avoid VIP.

It really isn't anything to get heated up about. Every actively marketing TS resort will make an attempt to get you to attend a presentation. Starwood sales are not particularly high pressure, and few firm declines will get you through the process easily. We just got back from Smuglers Notch in Vermont where we had to go through "Owner Services" to pick up our keys. We don't own at Wyndham, but they sure wanted us to! A bit of banter and some polite declines and we had keys in hand.

No, there's no requirement for attending a presentation. This is just being "offered" and I'm just not sure if I should avoid the rec center like the plague or will no mean no. :)

I got the call in October for the VIP check in. This is what happened to me. I went to the Welcome Center, got in line and the clerk refused to check me in. She said the "VIP check in" was already scheduled and I could not check in at the Welcome Center. I asked to be checked in early. She said check in starts at 4 p.m. The VIP check in was "early check in". BTW-there were lots of people checking in. There were several clerks and 5 or 6 people in line in front of us.

So we went to the Cascades rec center. They would not check us in early. It was around 12:30 p.m. I think. The clerks there were quite lost. They didn't know what to do. They said that no one could check me but the guy that called me (Alex) and he didn't start work until 2 p.m.

We walked around for a while and then returned at 2 p.m. He was not pushy. He gave us all our keys, maps, activity sheets, etc. Sent us on our way and said he would give us a few minutes to get our luggage in the unit and he would stop by to make sure everything was good.

He showed us around, noted that he just had the carpets cleaned for us. They gave us a great location, upgraded our villa to a larger unit. They want to do anything they can to make you happy. Of course, they want to WOW you so you will buy. Offered us $100 to go to the presentation. He wasn't that pushy about it. Gave us his cell phone so we could call him with any questions or problems.

We shut off the ringer to the phone and had a wonderful week. This resort is gorgeous!

We met a couple at the pool one day. They were owners for 20 years and they said they've tried all the different Sheraton resorts and in their opinion...this one is the nicest. We were very impressed. Loved the Super Pool. I could spend every day there.

Thanks! I think we can handle that. We will be arriving after 4pm, so this is no "early check-in". I suppose they wouldn't be subjecting guests to a hard sell immediately upon arrival. I've just been burned by timeshare sales before. (Common story, eh?)

Thanks! I think we can handle that. We will be arriving after 4pm, so this is no "early check-in". I suppose they wouldn't be subjecting guests to a hard sell immediately upon arrival. I've just been burned by timeshare sales before. (Common story, eh?)

You shouldn't feel any particular pressure by being carved out for VIP check-in. We've gone through VIP at the Orlando sister-resort Sheraton Vistana Villages. We had a set appointment time to check-in early (late morning, if I recall correctly), met the fellow at the VIP center as arranged, talked about attending a presentation, I said, "No, thank you," he gave us the resort map and key cards (in the building and top floor location that I'd requested), some discount coupons for local restaurants, offered to make reservations for us, gave us a Sheraton Vacation Ownership coffee mug - I think that my wife asked him for one - and off we went to start our vacation. Very nice and easy experience.

Dick Taylor

Tonight is our last night here and we're dreading leaving. As always, room was SO clean, property very well maintained and the pools were perfect temps! We got our request to stay in Cascades section. Not a thing to complain about!! We are already planning next years trip back!!!

I was looking on Redweek for availability in June and there wasn't much to choose from. Am I too late or maybe too early to make reservations? Or is there a better place to rent from?

Thanks!

Amy

So excited - I submitted my Diamond Lane Request, will fly into Orlando on Tuesday (staying at AoA until Friday) and then move to Vistana!!! Since we have a 1 BR, I requested Cascades towards the Superpool - specifically Building 1, but anything over by Marketplace. With a Friday check-in for a super busy weekend, does anyone have a feeling for my chances of getting our request? I'll happily report back with any info. They already sent me a Welcome e-mail with the December Activities attached. Can't wait to try out Vistana! Hue thanks to Gine and Bankr for their help! :)

We loved our stay at the Vistana Resort. We had Cascades building #8, which was a great location. The VIP check-in was just as tiggerplus5 described, and was really a non-issue. The weather was great (we were really lucky with that), so we got to enjoy the pools quite a bit as well.

We love Sheraton Vistana!! We are able to trade ours for STarPoints or StarOptions and use at other Sheraton resorts. It's been fabulous.

We loved our stay at the Vistana Resort. We had Cascades building #8, which was a great location. The VIP check-in was just as tiggerplus5 described, and was really a non-issue. The weather was great (we were really lucky with that), so we got to enjoy the pools quite a bit as well.

Glad to hear you had a great stay :goodvibes .

We just got back from a week at SVR. We had a great time and I would easily stay there again! Fantastic!

Hey guys! Already looking to book this years trip, and was wondering if there was anyone in particular you rent from that you trust and would recommend. Thank you!!

We will be arriving on Feb 2, a Sunday, for two weeks. We have spent two weeks here for the past two winters, once in the Palms, once in the Courts. We love this resort.

We had the two bedroom loft unit in the Courts last year, friends from St. Augustine came to visit and probably will again this year. The husband broke his hip last summer, it is not healing well and he is scheduled for a total hip replacement in March.

For a Sunday check-in, what do you recommend? What are all the units with Sunday check-ins.

I have been wandering this site, you have a wealth of great info here, I have learned a lot, but other than color on a map that I can't find, I can't pinpoint which units are available on Friday, Saturdays or Sundays?

We are 65, but walkers and it is a great place to walk, we wander the whole property every day. We love being near the Market and Zimmies and will be there for the third year for the Super Bowl Party! Fun Fun Fun!

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter