Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

We booked a two-bedroom villa at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista through Jet Blue Get-Aways bundled with a rental car from Hertz and flights on JetBlue. We got a great price which made the Sheraton Vistana an incredible value.

Following advice on disboards, I used an online service called Diamond Lane to submit room requests ahead of time. I requested a room in the Cascades section, on the top floor, a crib and high chair for our baby and room in a quiet location.

Finding the resort was easy, and we proceeded to the Welcome Center to check in. Check in was quick and painless. The clerk did inform me that we were placed in the Lakes section, in a building with an elevator on the top floor. This proved to work wonderfully for us. Lakes was quiet, parking was plentiful, the view was great, the room was quiet yet close to both the Lakes and fountains pools.

The villa itself was beautiful. The kitchen was clean and well equipped. It had a good selection of plates, cups and utensils. We bought some dish soap for hand washing dishes. The bedrooms, living room, dining room and porch were all lovely. Daily housekeeping was nice and included the maid taking all dishes in the sink and running them through the dishwasher. However, the initial housekeeping lacked thoroughness. Some areas were dusty, cobwebs were found and some trash items under furniture and in the corner of the closet. I have read other review which confirm that the resort should improve the thoroughness with which the housekeeping staff clean rooms in between stays. They had an “experienced housekeepers wanted” sign, so perhaps they are working on this.

We didn't find any issues with soundproofing, the unit was quiet and comfortable. The air conditioner worked wonderfully and the unit was full on light from windows and a skylight being on the top floor.

The location of the resort was great for quick access to Walt Disney World. It was also close to a Walmart Supercenter and a full service Starbucks across the street.

We enjoyed use of 3 of the pools. Fountains pool we found crowded and a bit rowdy. Lakes pool was nice and close by. There is a small zero-entry section which worked well for our toddler. However, the pool itself was on the smaller side. Cascades pool was great (we drove over there twice). It was especially good and quiet in the morning. The shallow section with the water features was great for our little girl. I had a great mudslide at the bar as well.

A bit about traveling with a toddler at the Sharaton Vistana. I made requests for a crib and high chair through Diamond Lane ahead of our arrival. Both of these requests were taken care of ahead of time and we waiting in our villa upon our arrival. However, it was impossible to slide the high chair under the dining table because the high chair was to high to fit under the table. The crib worked just fine. Being in the Lakes section is good for those with babies because it is quieter and there are elevators to use with strollers. I recommend Lakes pool and Cascades pool for those with toddlers. Security is great at the resort, but it is huge, so I would recommend staying with kids at all times.

There was some construction going on in the Fountains area which we needed to pass through each time driving in and out of the Lakes area. This should have been better signed. (Sometimes it was difficult to get around and you didn't know where to drive in order to get to your villa.) Also, it would have been nice to have knowledge of this construction ahead of time or at least upon check in because it was an inconvenience.

Overall, this is a nice resort. The renovation of the villa is wonderful and the pools on site are fantastic. Two areas of suggested improvement to the management are in the thoroughness of housekeeping in between stays and better signage and courtesy around construction at the resort. I would recommend staying here to anyone who wants to visit Disney World or the Orlando area and would like a villa/condominium style accommodation. It worked wonderfully for our family with a toddler and was a terrific value.

On a side note, while JetBlue is wonderful, I would not recommend Hertz in Orlando. They kept us waiting in line and then for our car for over 2 hours, with no compensation. Then, even though I have prepaid fuel, they claimed no knowledge of this and charged me over $175 when we returned the car with a partially full tank. I would stay away from Hertz, but enthusiastically recommend Sheraton Vistana Resort and JetBlue.

We booked a two-bedroom villa at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista through Jet Blue Get-Aways bundled with a rental car from Hertz and flights on JetBlue. We got a great price which made the Sheraton Vistana an incredible value.

Following advice on disboards, I used an online service called Diamond Lane to submit room requests ahead of time. I requested a room in the Cascades section, on the top floor, a crib and high chair for our baby and room in a quiet location.

Finding the resort was easy, and we proceeded to the Welcome Center to check in. Check in was quick and painless. The clerk did inform me that we were placed in the Lakes section, in a building with an elevator on the top floor. This proved to work wonderfully for us. Lakes was quiet, parking was plentiful, the view was great, the room was quiet yet close to both the Lakes and fountains pools.

The villa itself was beautiful. The kitchen was clean and well equipped. It had a good selection of plates, cups and utensils. We bought some dish soap for hand washing dishes. The bedrooms, living room, dining room and porch were all lovely. Daily housekeeping was nice and included the maid taking all dishes in the sink and running them through the dishwasher. However, the initial housekeeping lacked thoroughness. Some areas were dusty, cobwebs were found and some trash items under furniture and in the corner of the closet. I have read other review which confirm that the resort should improve the thoroughness with which the housekeeping staff clean rooms in between stays. They had an “experienced housekeepers wanted” sign, so perhaps they are working on this.

We didn't find any issues with soundproofing, the unit was quiet and comfortable. The air conditioner worked wonderfully and the unit was full on light from windows and a skylight being on the top floor.

The location of the resort was great for quick access to Walt Disney World. It was also close to a Walmart Supercenter and a full service Starbucks across the street.

We enjoyed use of 3 of the pools. Fountains pool we found crowded and a bit rowdy. Lakes pool was nice and close by. There is a small zero-entry section which worked well for our toddler. However, the pool itself was on the smaller side. Cascades pool was great (we drove over there twice). It was especially good and quiet in the morning. The shallow section with the water features was great for our little girl. I had a great mudslide at the bar as well.

A bit about traveling with a toddler at the Sharaton Vistana. I made requests for a crib and high chair through Diamond Lane ahead of our arrival. Both of these requests were taken care of ahead of time and we waiting in our villa upon our arrival. However, it was impossible to slide the high chair under the dining table because the high chair was to high to fit under the table. The crib worked just fine. Being in the Lakes section is good for those with babies because it is quieter and there are elevators to use with strollers. I recommend Lakes pool and Cascades pool for those with toddlers. Security is great at the resort, but it is huge, so I would recommend staying with kids at all times.

There was some construction going on in the Fountains area which we needed to pass through each time driving in and out of the Lakes area. This should have been better signed. (Sometimes it was difficult to get around and you didn't know where to drive in order to get to your villa.) Also, it would have been nice to have knowledge of this construction ahead of time or at least upon check in because it was an inconvenience.

Overall, this is a nice resort. The renovation of the villa is wonderful and the pools on site are fantastic. Two areas of suggested improvement to the management are in the thoroughness of housekeeping in between stays and better signage and courtesy around construction at the resort. I would recommend staying here to anyone who wants to visit Disney World or the Orlando area and would like a villa/condominium style accommodation. It worked wonderfully for our family with a toddler and was a terrific value.

On a side note, while JetBlue is wonderful, I would not recommend Hertz in Orlando. They kept us waiting in line and then for our car for over 2 hours, with no compensation. Then, even though I have prepaid fuel, they claimed no knowledge of this and charged me over $175 when we returned the car with a partially full tank. I would stay away from Hertz, but enthusiastically recommend Sheraton Vistana Resort and JetBlue.

Thanks for such a detailed review :thumbsup2 . Yours is particulary interesting and relevant to me as we, too, have booked our stay via Jeblue Getaways, and have been wondering if daily housekeeping was included as part of our stay. When we reserved our flights and hotel package, it did not specify "self catering", so we assumed that housekeeping would be provided, but a couple of calls to Jetblue to confirm have yielded less than clear results.

Thanks for such a detailed review :thumbsup2 . Yours is particulary interesting and relevant to me as we, too, have booked our stay via Jeblue Getaways, and have been wondering if daily housekeeping was included as part of our stay. When we reserved our flights and hotel package, it did not specify "self catering", so we assumed that housekeeping would be provided, but a couple of calls to Jetblue to confirm have yielded less than clear results.

It does include the housekeeping. You can request what time they come as well, so don't be afraid to do that. Also, offered us extra SPG points if we went without the housekeeping, but we opted to keep it.

Two more sleeps until we make the drive from Ontario to Orlando. We're checking in on Sunday!!

My reservation confirmation mentions that Zimmie's will be closed for renovations during our stay.

If anyone is still at Vistana, is Zimmie's restaurant still open, and/or is Zimmie's pool bar open?

:stitch:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're at the resort now. We ate at Zimmies the other night. The bar area outside looked nice. The location of this resort is great :)

We just returned last weekend from a weeks stay at the Vistana. It was a very enjoyable stay. We were in a lockout in the Cascades section, bldg 16, directly across from the pool. It was an easy walk to the store and the super pool.

We spent one day at the super pool. Our disabled daughter appreciated the addition of handicap lift chairs. The chairs were very easy to use and provided an opportunity for our daughter to have some pool time.

The unit we had was clean and in pretty good condition. The extra space that the lockout had was great for our family of 5. Each person had a place to chill after being at the parks most of the day.

It was an easy drive to the parks each day. The resort is very close to DTD. We drove there one night and picked up sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich.

We will probably request a different section next year for a change. The only thing we learned from this trip is that we really prefer to have two weeks away versus a week. This allows us more downtime to relax.

It does include the housekeeping. You can request what time they come as well, so don't be afraid to do that. Also, offered us extra SPG points if we went without the housekeeping, but we opted to keep it.

That's awesome...thanks for the tip! We would definitely take the housekeeping over the points.

I am super excited now :cool1: . Yay me, I won't have to make the beds!!!! :cheer2: (and yes, I have to have those beds made.......its just my weirdness, don't ask :rolleyes:).

We are seriously considering booking here. Some questions: Who do you contact for requests? Can you request certain buildings? What building would be the best for a 2 bedroom villa? Are all the two bedroom villas set up the same? How long does it take to drive from your villa to MK? HS? AK? How would you rate the furnishings inside? Are they comparable to a deluxe resort? Thanks!

Just checked-in today. All of our Diamond Lane requests were met. Right now, we're hangin out at Zimmies restaurant.

It looks like they have a new (to me) wifi policy. When you sign-in to the network, you have the option of picking the regular free service (1 MB download, one device) or the premium service (4 MB, up to 4 devices) @14.95/day. Not quite sure how that works. I signed on once with my iPhone, and my DD signed on using our tablet. Both of us were able to sign on using the free service. So, I'll have to check with the front desk to see if I'm being charged for the premium.

Updates to follow.

Just checked-in today. All of our Diamond Lane requests were met. Right now, we're hangin out at Zimmies restaurant.

It looks like they have a new (to me) wifi policy. When you sign-in to the network, you have the option of picking the regular free service (1 MB download, one device) or the premium service (4 MB, up to 4 devices) @14.95/day. Not quite sure how that works. I signed on once with my iPhone, and my DD signed on using our tablet. Both of us were able to sign on using the free service. So, I'll have to check with the front desk to see if I'm being charged for the premium.

Updates to follow.

Hey Frankie,

Just wondering....what were your requests, and what section are you in?

I am travelling with a teenager (we arrive Friday!!) so I am interested to hear what you find out about the wifi.

Hey Frankie,

Just wondering....what were your requests, and what section are you in?

I am travelling with a teenager (we arrive Friday!!) so I am interested to hear what you find out about the wifi.

Hi,

Today was a busy day (arrived close to 5:00), unpacked, ate dinner at Zimmie's, then went to Walmart at about 8pm for groceries (what a zoo, it was BUSY). We got poured on, waited a bit for the rain to let up and got back to the resort after 9:30 pm. I haven't checked with the front desk yet, I'll try Tuesday (Monday is Epcot day - we hope).

Our requests were Springs, 1st floor, near the pool and they were all granted.

Update on Wifi:

I was able to get clarification on the Wifi service. The resort offers two options:
1) Complimentary - which is the same basic service they have always had. The up/download speed is 1 Mbs. The description says you can connect one device; however, the verbiage is a little misleading, as the front desk said that you can connect up to four per unit. (We have five, 2-iPhones, 2-tablets and one iPod, but, not always at the same time.)

2) Premium - which offers 4 Mbs up/download speed for $14.95/day. (Which is still pretty slow speed.) if you pick this option, you can connect up to 4 devices for that price.

We have been using the free service so far with no issues. The speed appears to be ok for all of our social media updates; Facebook, Instagram, twitter and of course, the The DIS! I even made a 'Google phone' phone call with no problems.

I'm here til Sunday and I'll answer any questions I can while I'm here.

Anymore news, thoughts, reviews from those who have just checked in?

I am anxiously awaiting pictures and such :) We did go ahead and book a two bedroom villa here for Nov. From what I read in this thread and in reviews it looks like we are going to love it!

I am anxiously awaiting pictures and such :) We did go ahead and book a two bedroom villa here for Nov. From what I read in this thread and in reviews it looks like we are going to love it!

We will also be there in Nov. You really won't be disappointed.

One of my favorite things to do (we always go in Nov.) is open up the screen door to the balcony, turn on the Bose stereo and crank up the Christmas music, and enjoy a drink while watching the beautiful fountain. So relaxing, can't wait to go back.

Update on Wifi:

I was able to get clarification on the Wifi service. The resort offers two options:
1) Complimentary - which is the same basic service they have always had. The up/download speed is 1 Mbs. The description says you can connect one device; however, the verbiage is a little misleading, as the front desk said that you can connect up to four per unit. (We have five, 2-iPhones, 2-tablets and one iPod, but, not always at the same time.)

2) Premium - which offers 4 Mbs up/download speed for $14.95/day. (Which is still pretty slow speed.) if you pick this option, you can connect up to 4 devices for that price.

We have been using the free service so far with no issues. The speed appears to be ok for all of our social media updates; Facebook, Instagram, twitter and of course, the The DIS! I even made a 'Google phone' phone call with no problems.

I'm here til Sunday and I'll answer any questions I can while I'm here.

Someone asked recently on SVR's Facebook page about wifi fees and access. Here is what SVR responded:

Is the wifi free for all of our devices or is it free for one device only? I heard that there is a charge of $14 per day per device?
Like · · August 18 at 2:54pm

Sheraton Vistana Resort Hey Mel Jones, all wifi access for your devices is complimentary.
August 19 at 9:05am · Like · 1..

Mel Jones Yay happy teenagers thanks very much and we can't wait for our first stay with you next week!
August 19 at 9:08am via mobile · Like..

We arrive Friday evening. I will be sure to let you know what our first impressions are!

We checked-in on Sunday and we brought my Mom this time. It's her first trip and she is LOVIN this place.

I am staying in a 2 bedroom Springs unit, but, I won't be able to post pictures until I return home; that'll be about a week or so from now.

We have arrived :) .

In Spas, building 2, top floor. Exactly as we requested :thumbsup2 .

Unfortunately, it was dark by the time we arrived, so we didn't get to "see" much of the resort, however the unit itself is spectacular.

Looking forward to exploring the grounds tomorrow.

We have arrived :) .

In Spas, building 2, top floor. Exactly as we requested :thumbsup2 .

Unfortunately, it was dark by the time we arrived, so we didn't get to "see" much of the resort, however the unit itself is spectacular.

Looking forward to exploring the grounds tomorrow.

Welcome "home". Tomorrow is our last day here and we'll be spending it at the resort. We'll probably hit up the Super pool and the Springs pools that day.

Welcome "home". Tomorrow is our last day here and we'll be spending it at the resort. We'll probably hit up the Super pool and the Springs pools that day.

Thanks :goodvibes . If you happen to be at the Super Pool in the evening, keep your eyes peeled for us and say hello :) . We are not hard to miss....three lily white Canadians, two BIG fellas and one dark-haired short lady ;) . We will be out and about for the morning and afternoon, but the evening will be all pool time!

Hi everyone!
I am from Venezuela and my party of 5 will arrive on Sept 7 for a week stay (Interval exchange).
I already read almost the whole thread and learned so much about the resort and the necessary things when arriving there.
I hope my request from Diamond Lane will be taken and will tell you about our stay in few days.
Is anyone going for the same week?
Regards,

Magaly

Hi All - It's been quiet here for a while - hopefully someone can answer a few questions for me!

If we have a package through Costco, is Diamond Lane check-in still available to us? How early would you recommend we call and make any special requests? Our arrival date is October 20.

Also, what's the Publix like nearby? Do they have carry-out meals ready to go, like sandwiches, pizzas, etc...? We are thinking of doing a few lunches/dinners at our condo to save some $$$...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter