• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shari's Disney Dining Review - Yorkshire stylee! (With pics!)

I have really enjoyed all of your reviews, you make all the food sound scrummy, and the pics are brilliant. You make me so excited about our trip in December. I still shake my head in disgust everytime I think of the sherry trifle incident, it is so, so silly, I am sorry you had a bad experience there. xx

this post should have been from me, husband had logged me out, and logged himself in - men !!!:lmao:

Great reviews! Still reading through them but wanted to chime in and say that our DD 11 was NOT allowed to have the chocolate wave with cherries or the liquored mousse at Coral Reef. The server did say she would serve the wave without cherries if dd wanted. It must be an individual server thing???

How strange! It's the same with any dining experience though - a lot depends on your server! Thanks for reading!

First off, I LOVE the reviews...but I HAD to share that I spell my name the same way.:yay: I am sure you have had people spell it as many ways as I have...Sherry, Sheri, Sherri, Cheri, Sherie...to name a few:laughing:

Just thought I'd say hello from one Shari to another:)

xoxox
Shari

Oh wow! How amazing!! Greetings to you other Shari! Yes, I've spent a lifetime of having to spell my name out! I was very impressed on the ET ride at Universal when ET recognised my name and said 'Goodbye Shari' perfectly!

Shari's of the world unite! Thanks for reading - glad you enjoy the reviews!

I have really enjoyed all of your reviews, you make all the food sound scrummy, and the pics are brilliant. You make me so excited about our trip in December. I still shake my head in disgust everytime I think of the sherry trifle incident, it is so, so silly, I am sorry you had a bad experience there. xx

Lucky you - going in December! I know you'll have an amazing time! Where are you staying? I'd be interested to know if any under 21's have been given the trifle! Don't worry - it didn't spoil our overall experience!

this post should have been from me, husband had logged me out, and logged himself in - men !!!:lmao:

The more the merrier!! Thanks so much for reading!

Shari xxx

Hey Everyone!

I can't believe I've reached Tuesday 26th August already!

Well, today was another day outside WDW - at Universal Islands of Adventure. We all had great fun here - getting soaked on water rides and getting burnt in the 97 degree heat!

Lunch was basic but satisfying - we did the whole burger/fries/nuggets thing at the Jurassic Park Burger Digs. Kept us going for the day! Also Sarah and I discovered the wonder of churros whilst waiting for Simon and Kate to come off various rollercoasters! Sorry - no photos!

But what you really want to hear about on this day is our last minute ADR at the Flying Fish, isn't it?

We had a bit of a wait, not too long, but the place seemed really busy. Soon we were seated, towards the back of the restaurant near a little alcove. Our server was Clifford - he was quite good. Very attentive and informative and just the teensiest bit camp. (I know - shocker!) He became even more attentive and quite touchy feely (to Simon) once we had paid the bill and he'd seen his tip. I guess he didn't hold out much hope of us being big spenders at the outset of the meal. What can I say? We're rough oiks from Yorkshire! Although we were in our finery this evening. He wasn't a bad server though, and certainly not 'super nice' like our GF waitress. I would describe him as 'smooth'. As well as camp. Lovely hair.

Anyhow, starters. Simon had the mussels which he adored. The girls and I shared the Artisan cheeses. I'd been dying to try a cheese board since we came to WDW and this did not disappoint. The portions of cheese were large and they all came with wonderful little accessories. Yummy! We all had different favourites. Of course we also had lovely sourdough bread and butter. Simon chose a lovely white wine called Conundrum. We just liked the name but it was delicious! I suspect the girls may have had sprite.;)

For main course, Simon and Kate both had the potato wrapped snapper:

DSCF1397.jpg

They both thought it was amazing. I had a little try and I had to agree with them. It was great! But I wasn't envious because I was chowing down on the finest strip steak of my holiday:

DSCF1398.jpg

Oh man! This was amazing! I can still taste that lovely crispyness on the outside of the steak. Fantastic! Seriously, seriously good steak. Now I have to say I had some qualms about steak at WDW as lots of people had said that it was a bit of a lottery how well you got your steak cooked. Well, without fail, every WDW steak I had was just how I liked it. Medium - slight tinge of pink, soft and succulent. And boy - this steak was perfect!

Sarah struggled slightly to find an entree - for the first time in the holiday. She's not a red meat or fish fan. She likes chicken and pasta but these dishes seemed to have spicy elements to them. She plumped for the pasta in the end and ate quite a bit, but I could tell it wasn't floating her boat.

Sweets - had to be done! Si had the sorbet:

DSCF1399.jpg

This was described as a 'trio' of sorbet. Si could only count two on his plate but really enjoyed it anyway!

Can you guess who's dessert this is?

DSCF1401.jpg

Yup. There goes Sarah with her 'artistic angles'. This was a panna cotta and she really enjoyed it.

Here is Kate, 'demonstrating' her blueberry tart:

DSCF1402.jpg

Yes, it was that huge! Nearly as huge as my sweet:

DSCF1400.jpg

Any dessert that has the words - 'peanut', 'butter', 'chocolate' and 'bread' in it must be mine. It was fantastic but enormous!

We were sooooo full after this meal! But very happy. This had been a wonderful experience with divine food. I was so pleased to have the opportunity to eat there. It was also the first time I'd eaten at a Boardwalk restaurant. Despite the initial busy atmosphere of the FF it soon quietened down and we weren't rushed at all. It was very relaxing, like so many of our other Disney dining adventures.

Coming up: Our last full day. Any food surprises?

Hey Everyone!

I can't believe I've reached Tuesday 26th August already!

Well, today was another day outside WDW - at Universal Islands of Adventure. We all had great fun here - getting soaked on water rides and getting burnt in the 97 degree heat!

Lunch was basic but satisfying - we did the whole burger/fries/nuggets thing at the Jurassic Park Burger Digs. Kept us going for the day! Also Sarah and I discovered the wonder of churros whilst waiting for Simon and Kate to come off various rollercoasters! Sorry - no photos!

But what you really want to hear about on this day is our last minute ADR at the Flying Fish, isn't it?

We had a bit of a wait, not too long, but the place seemed really busy. Soon we were seated, towards the back of the restaurant near a little alcove. Our server was Clifford - he was quite good. Very attentive and informative and just the teensiest bit camp. (I know - shocker!) He became even more attentive and quite touchy feely (to Simon) once we had paid the bill and he'd seen his tip. I guess he didn't hold out much hope of us being big spenders at the outset of the meal. What can I say? We're rough oiks from Yorkshire! Although we were in our finery this evening. He wasn't a bad server though, and certainly not 'super nice' like our GF waitress. I would describe him as 'smooth'. As well as camp. Lovely hair.

Anyhow, starters. Simon had the mussels which he adored. The girls and I shared the Artisan cheeses. I'd been dying to try a cheese board since we came to WDW and this did not disappoint. The portions of cheese were large and they all came with wonderful little accessories. Yummy! We all had different favourites. Of course we also had lovely sourdough bread and butter. Simon chose a lovely white wine called Conundrum. We just liked the name but it was delicious! I suspect the girls may have had sprite.;)

For main course, Simon and Kate both had the potato wrapped snapper:

DSCF1397.jpg

They both thought it was amazing. I had a little try and I had to agree with them. It was great! But I wasn't envious because I was chowing down on the finest strip steak of my holiday:

DSCF1398.jpg

Oh man! This was amazing! I can still taste that lovely crispyness on the outside of the steak. Fantastic! Seriously, seriously good steak. Now I have to say I had some qualms about steak at WDW as lots of people had said that it was a bit of a lottery how well you got your steak cooked. Well, without fail, every WDW steak I had was just how I liked it. Medium - slight tinge of pink, soft and succulent. And boy - this steak was perfect!

Sarah struggled slightly to find an entree - for the first time in the holiday. She's not a red meat or fish fan. She likes chicken and pasta but these dishes seemed to have spicy elements to them. She plumped for the pasta in the end and ate quite a bit, but I could tell it wasn't floating her boat.

Sweets - had to be done! Si had the sorbet:

DSCF1399.jpg

This was described as a 'trio' of sorbet. Si could only count two on his plate but really enjoyed it anyway!

Can you guess who's dessert this is?

DSCF1401.jpg

Yup. There goes Sarah with her 'artistic angles'. This was a panna cotta and she really enjoyed it.

Here is Kate, 'demonstrating' her blueberry tart:

DSCF1402.jpg

Yes, it was that huge! Nearly as huge as my sweet:

DSCF1400.jpg

Any dessert that has the words - 'peanut', 'butter', 'chocolate' and 'bread' in it must be mine. It was fantastic but enormous!

We were sooooo full after this meal! But very happy. This had been a wonderful experience with divine food. I was so pleased to have the opportunity to eat there. It was also the first time I'd eaten at a Boardwalk restaurant. Despite the initial busy atmosphere of the FF it soon quietened down and we weren't rushed at all. It was very relaxing, like so many of our other Disney dining adventures.

Coming up: Our last full day. Any food surprises?

Thank you for your fab review again:thumbsup2

I've never been to FF but looking at your photos that might have to change.

FF is a 2 credit place on the dp isn't it?

your dessert looks heavingly - choc peanut butter- yum ( i'm surprised there wasn't any Baileys in it:rolleyes1 )

Thanks again for taking the time:thumbsup2

Thank you for your fab review again:thumbsup2

I've never been to FF but looking at your photos that might have to change.

FF is a 2 credit place on the dp isn't it?

your dessert looks heavingly - choc peanut butter- yum ( i'm surprised there wasn't any Baileys in it:rolleyes1 )

Thanks again for taking the time:thumbsup2

Aww shucks Helen! With your kind comments you are really spoiling us!

Yes, sorry - forgot to mention that FF is a signature dining restaurant and therefore 2 TS credits. Generally, at WDW CMs are good at making sure you realise its 2 credits when you make an ADR. Avoids nasty surprises!

The food was awesome! Yes, choc peanut butter dessert (we could talk about how Shari's purchases at the Florida Mall consisted of mainly Reeses Peanut Butter cups...) mmmmm! And you're right! No Baileys!!

Just reliving these experiences on here and looking at the photos. I can't believe what super food we had in WDW! It was like a dream - a very tasty dream!

Thanks for reading y'all!

Shari xxx

I'm so happy you guys enjoyed FF, it's one of my favorite places! I agree the steak is the best I've had in WDW.:thumbsup2

Just wanted to delurk to say how much I am enjoying your reviews! Thanks so much for sharing them! I'm even more excited about our upcoming trip!

I had my first American breakfast, as did Simon:

2008_0818Image0246.jpg

Fantastic reviews ! :goodvibes

I'm rather curious about something, though. How does an American breakfast differ from one in the UK ?

In other words, what's on that plate that wouldn't be there at home, and what would be there in it's place ?

Thanks.

I'm rather curious about something, though. How does an American breakfast differ from one in the UK ?

In other words, what's on that plate that wouldn't be there at home, and what would be there in it's place ?

Thanks.

I hope you don't mind me replying Shari;)

breakfast8.jpg

breakfast6.jpg

breakfast4.jpg

What would you find on a british breakfast?

Eggs
bacon
sausage
baked beans
grilled tomatoe
black pudding
fried bread
mushrooms

followed by toast & marmalade

No maple syrup

but a heart attack on a plate :rolleyes1

yum

I'm so happy you guys enjoyed FF, it's one of my favorite places! I agree the steak is the best I've had in WDW.:thumbsup2

Ohhhh yes! It was yummy! I'm drooling just thinking about it now! We probably would go back to FF.

Just wanted to delurk to say how much I am enjoying your reviews! Thanks so much for sharing them! I'm even more excited about our upcoming trip!

Thanks for reading! I hope you have an amazing time - I bet you will!

Thanks.

Thanks Joshua! Please may I refer you to the previous remarks of the esteemed Mrs Jobba? There isn't a huge difference in breakfasts - but it just feels different! Thanks for reading!

Great reviews! I've heard a lot about that potato wrapped snapper. I may have to investigate in person!!

I can't always get excited about fish - but this was heavenly. Very meaty and succulent. Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply!

Thanks so much for the reviews. I have enjoyed them. They make very hungry for our upcoming thanksgiving trip:cool1:

I know what you mean! I get hungry thinking about all those past meals we had! And looking at other people's food reports makes me dribble!

I hope you don't mind me replying Shari;)

breakfast8.jpg

breakfast6.jpg

breakfast4.jpg

What would you find on a british breakfast?

Eggs
bacon
sausage
baked beans
grilled tomatoe
black pudding
fried bread
mushrooms

followed by toast & marmalade

No maple syrup

but a heart attack on a plate :rolleyes1

yum

You go for it Helen! Great pictures!! I love black pudding (I know I may be in a minority here!) I just try not to think about what it is! And to polish it off with toast and marmalade - with proper butter! Yummy!

But the maple syrup is a good addition!

Thanks for reading!

Shari xxx

Ohhhh yes! It was yummy! I'm drooling just thinking about it now! We probably would go back to FF.

Thanks for reading! I hope you have an amazing time - I bet you will!

Thanks Joshua! Please may I refer you to the previous remarks of the esteemed Mrs Jobba? There isn't a huge difference in breakfasts - but it just feels different! Thanks for reading!

I can't always get excited about fish - but this was heavenly. Very meaty and succulent. Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply!

I know what you mean! I get hungry thinking about all those past meals we had! And looking at other people's food reports makes me dribble!

You go for it Helen! Great pictures!! I love black pudding (I know I may be in a minority here!) I just try not to think about what it is! And to polish it off with toast and marmalade - with proper butter! Yummy!

But the maple syrup is a good addition!

Thanks for reading!

Shari xxx

I love black pudding too :goodvibes

faindrops - you don't really want to know what black pudding is! But I'll tell you!

Black pudding is made from blood! It is either in links like sausages or cut into round discs. It is seasoned and spiced and is really delicious when fried.

I try not to think about it too much - there's a vegetarian in me trying to get out!

Thanks for reading!

Shari xxx

OK, I must admit that I can pass on the black pudding. I have had English breakfasts when I was traveling in England, amazingly enough, but I couldn't get myself to eat the black pudding.

Lots of people here in England can't bring themselves to eat the black pudding! It's a marmite thing - you love it or hate it! I hate the idea of it but I love the taste of it.

A cafe here in Scarborough does the most wonderful black pudding as an entree - it is wonderful if you like BP. It comes on rocket leaves with onion marmalade, crispy bacon and a poached egg on top. It really is a thing of beauty and a taste sensation!

I'm surprised the Rose and Crown don't do black pudding? Also the Yorkshire County Fish shop - most chip shops over here do battered black pudding!

Shari xxx

Shari...

Question... is it that you just like Maple Syrup... or do you not get it over there???

Just wonderin... :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter