Sharing dining plan?

EmilyAnn

Earning My Ears
Okay, so I am not great at math AND new to Disney so I am having trouble figuring this out.

room #1- 2 adults
room #2- 2 adults and 2 kids
room #3- 2 adults and 2 kids

If only rooms #1 and #2 get the regular dining plan (1 table-service meal, 1 quick-service meal, 2 snacks, 1 refillable mug) how many TOTAL meal credits will we get of each type for a 7 day/6 night stay?

If some of the adults are not big eaters would it be possible to share the credits? 4 of the adults are 1 meal a day people and 2 of us like to EAT LOL

It's based on the number of nights you stay (6). Each adult and kid will get a total of 6 table service, 6 quick service, 12 snacks, and 1 mug for the entire trip. You don't have to use the daily allotment in a day, though; they roll over. So, essentially you have a bank of credits at the start of your trip and you use them as you see fit. So, room #1 will start with 12 table service, 12 quick service, and 24 snacks to work with. If someone isn't eating, but has credits, they can definitely order food for someone else and pay with their credits. You'll just have to make sure the right Magic band is used to pay for the right meals.

This is assuming that people actually aren't ordering anything at the meals. Just be careful, if the "non eaters" order something little (like an app or a salad) in addition to what they order for someone else, they could end up charging them one of their entitlements. Keep track of each room's entitlements closely!

Also remember that on the standard DDP, the 12 kids' TS credits from room #2 will be "child" credits...only eligible for ordering kids' meals at TS restaurants.

I am thinking maybe I did the math wrong.

I came up with:
24 adult TS
12 kid TS
24 adult CS
12 kid CS
72 snacks

this is for 4 adults and 2 kids for 6 nights

I am thinking maybe I did the math wrong.

I came up with:
24 adult TS
12 kid TS
24 adult CS
12 kid CS
72 snacks

this is for 4 adults and 2 kids for 6 nights
That's right, other than the fact that quick service credits are not separated by age.

Alternatively, the deluxe plan for room two would give you 72 total "meal" credits, 48 snack credits, and four mugs for a lot less money.

Just remember that doing it this way, someone from the room/rooms who are on the dining plan will have to be present to "pay" for all meals/snacks used on the dining plan. IE...someone from room #3 can't go off on their own and eat on the dining plan without somenone from room #2 along to pay for it.

That's right, other than the fact that quick service credits are not separated by age.

Alternatively, the deluxe plan for room two would give you 72 total "meal" credits, 48 snack credits, and four mugs for a lot less money.

So we could use all the quick service credits for the adults and just pay out of pocket for the kid's meals?

Can you explain how the deluxe plan would work out to be cheaper?

We plan to do 1 character breakfast and probably on 3 table service meals for dinners. I am not even sure if the DDP will be worth it for us, but I do like that it would make things simple.

Can you explain how the deluxe plan would work out to be cheaper?
Dining plan:
4 adults at $67.33 plus 2 children at $24.22 = $317.76 per night.

Deluxe plan:
2 adults at $103.57 plus two children at $37.62 =$282.38 per night.

With that plan, you'd save $35 per night, have the same number of credits, but all of them would be valid for table service. You'd lose two mugs.

Can adults share meals on the dining plan?

At *most* restaurants, yes. Exceptions would include any buffet, family style, or other aycte restaurant. Via Napoli also does not allow sharing (or splitting, to be more accurate...using one credit to feed more than one person) on the dining plan.

We don't do buffets so it might be a way to share a deluxe plan with two adults. With appetizer and dessert it would be too much for me by myself. I wonder why more people don't do that?

We don't do buffets so it might be a way to share a deluxe plan with two adults. With appetizer and dessert it would be too much for me by myself. I wonder why more people don't do that?

Will not work with people staying in the same room together. People staying in the same room have to have the same package...ie, all have the dining package, or none have it.

If I buy it for my husband and I who are staying in one room, and not buy for my two adult kids staying in another room, we could split cost and share right?

If I buy it for my husband and I who are staying in one room, and not buy for my two adult kids staying in another room, we could split cost and share right?

Yes. Keep in mind, though, that either you or your husband would have to be present at all of your kids' meals to pay for them. That's fine if you plan on eating all meals together, but if you plan on splitting up for some, it's a problem.

Dining plan:
4 adults at $67.33 plus 2 children at $24.22 = $317.76 per night.

Deluxe plan:
2 adults at $103.57 plus two children at $37.62 =$282.38 per night.

With that plan, you'd save $35 per night, have the same number of credits, but all of them would be valid for table service. You'd lose two mugs.

so would we be able to use the kids meal credits for adult meals if we get the deluxe plan?

so would we be able to use the kids meal credits for adult meals if we get the deluxe plan?

With the deluxe plan, there are just credits, not kids credits. So you would be able to pay for kids meals and use the credits only for adults. As others have said, that is how it works today, but that would save you a significant amount.

The rules still say that kids must order from the kids menu. Credits aren't differentiated, and many people seem to exercise this loophole. Disney seemed to stop enforcing the child requirement early last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter