• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaping up for 2.0

I walked 3.25 miles this morning.

:worship:I am hoping the number I saw on the scale this morning holds or goes down by my official weigh-in on Sunday, as It will be moving again in the right direction. :worship:

I just weighed in.

I lost 1.8 lbs. this week! :banana:
I am very close to my next major milestone.

I just weighed in.

I lost 1.8 lbs. this week! :banana:
I am very close to my next majar milestone.

Congrats on your loss this week Lori!!

Due to rain this morning and off and on all day, I went to the YMCA (weather was one of the reasons I decided on getting the membership, as our weather has been crazy this summer)

I walked 2.25 miles on their indoor walking track, then I tried out some of the cardio equipment. I did 3 miles on the Spinning Bike and I did 2000 steps on the BioStep Cross trainer.

I still want to do a water class or two, but their schedule doesn't fit my schedule very well. I am hoping it will change in the fall, but the lady I spoke to this morning, indicated that it didn't change much from Spring into the Summer session, so she is not sure how much it will change this fall.

Tomorrow is weigh-in, Hoping to change the banner below with tomorrow's number.

Thanks guys!

I went to edit my post because I didn't realize that I spelled "major" as "majar" when I posted from my iPhone. Egad. I'm mortified. :laughing:

Took the family for a walk tonight, 2.25 miles total. Kids only whined through part of the walk, so it was only a little bit enjoyable. You would think if their legs were "soooooo tired" that their mouths would be too!! :rotfl2:

Took the family for a walk tonight, 2.25 miles total. Kids only whined through part of the walk, so it was only a little bit enjoyable. You would think if their legs were "soooooo tired" that their mouths would be too!! :rotfl2:

OMG - that is too too funny...Been there/done that

Thanks for giving me a laugh to start my day

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:cool1:Today is Weigh - in Day!:cool1:

And the Number is

BIG!

After 2 weeks with no change on the scale:

I lost
5.5 lbs
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Total weight loss after 9 weeks is:

19.5 lbs
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Keep taking the family for walks. It is one of the best things you can do together. So good in so many ways.

Tracey - Great work! And yes, it is work, isn't it?

I can't wait to get back home and get back into a good routine.
And I will use you for inspiration. I can too do it!!!

Here we are at week 10. Can you believe it??

Some of you guys are really rockin too!!! :worship::worship:

Here I am still up three lbs from 1.0. *sigh* I stayed the same this week.

I am finally starting to accept that any kind of impact exercise is out of the question for my foot for awhile. Stephan is awaiting a new workout plan from Paul which in turn I hope motivates me to hit the gym with him for water aerobics and weights. I have no excuse other than laziness as to why I haven't done that before now.

Keep up the great work! :cheer2:

Here we are at week 10. Can you believe it??

Some of you guys are really rockin too!!! :worship::worship:

Here I am still up three lbs from 1.0. *sigh* I stayed the same this week.

I am finally starting to accept that any kind of impact exercise is out of the question for my foot for awhile.
Keep up the great work! :cheer2:

Something that might help until your foot is better, I recently bought myself a set of those resistance bands. There are a lot of exercises that don't require any foot strain whatsoever. I've been using them primarily for arm workouts and I think you might find them beneficial. I think you get pick up a single band at Target for less than $15.00, they have several different resistant strengths.

Congrats on that wicked loss this week Tracy - you're rockin' :woohoo:

Today was weight in day for me - after last weeks gain I was nervous :scared: but - - - - TA-DA !!!!! down 3 pounds from last week :yay:

Wow Tracey, nice work!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

And Candy...you're going to do fine! :hug:

Is it really week ten?! I have got to catch the motivation and good habit bug! I am waaaay behind where I should be.

I took a short nature trail walk in a county park with my brother. It is way too hot and humid in New Jersey and I can't wait to get back home in Maine.

Keep taking the family for walks. It is one of the best things you can do together. So good in so many ways.

Yep, it's good to do. At least it was until tonight. DH tripped and fell over a piece of uneven sidewalk. He's at the ER right now waiting to have his arm checked out to see if it's broken. I think it's at least fractured. He can barely move it at all. :scared: I took him over there and then brought the kids home so they can get some rest. Just sitting here now using the DIS to keep me busy until he calls me to come get him.

DH tripped and fell over a piece of uneven sidewalk.

Oh, no!!! I am SO sorry. Tripping on uneven sidewalk is what happened to me two weeks ago.

I was so concerned with nursing the awful scraped knee and sore shoulder that I didn't ice and wrap my ankle until four days after the fall. Took a while for it to get better.

I hope your husband's injuries mend well. It is a major setback, but don't let him get discouraged about getting out and about as he recovers. And don't let it deter you for taking the kids out.

:hug: to you all for all the good intentions.

Oh, no!!! I am SO sorry. Tripping on uneven sidewalk is what happened to me two weeks ago.

I was so concerned with nursing the awful scraped knee and sore shoulder that I didn't ice and wrap my ankle until four days after the fall. Took a while for it to get better.

I hope your husband's injuries mend well. It is a major setback, but don't let him get discouraged about getting out and about as he recovers. And don't let it deter you for taking the kids out.

:hug: to you all for all the good intentions.

Thanks Lyn. He got home about 3am. Broken elbow, fractured shoulder, and a possible fractured wrist. I'm taking him to the orthopedic dr this afternoon for an eval and cast.

By the way, Cinnaminson is a great town.:thumbsup2 That's where my in-laws live.

Thanks Lyn. He got home about 3am. Broken elbow, fractured shoulder, and a possible fractured wrist. I'm taking him to the orthopedic dr this afternoon for an eval and cast.

By the way, Cinnaminson is a great town.:thumbsup2 That's where my in-laws live.

Oh.... OUCH! That sounds awful. Please wish him welll for me.

My falls have mostly been from ice. Except from one really bad one when I tripped down a flight of stairs, broke a window at the bottom, ended up emergency then overnight in the hospital. I had a heart contusion and was out of work for over a week.

Be careful, so people say. But accidents do happen.

I am heading out of Cinnaminson this afternoon. I lived here for thirty years twenty years ago. Waterville, Maine is home now. But where I grew up will always be "home".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter