• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaping up for 2.0

Hi all -

Yesterday was weigh in - No Change this week.

This morning I walked 3.25 miles and then I walked another mile at lunch time.

I decided over the weekend to join the YMCA so that I can add water aerobics and other exercise to my routine to see if I can break past my wall. Plus one of the two locations the membership works at has an indoor walking track, so that will help on rainy days and with the cooler days of the fall & winter.

Hi all -

Yesterday was weigh in - No Change this week.

This morning I walked 3.25 miles and then I walked another mile at lunch time.

I decided over the weekend to join the YMCA so that I can add water aerobics and other exercise to my routine to see if I can break past my wall. Plus one of the two locations the membership works at has an indoor walking track, so that will help on rainy days and with the cooler days of the fall & winter.

Tracy - Your walking habits are fantastic! Good decision to join the Y. Water Aerobics is a fun activity to add to the mix.

My weight is the same as last week.
Between the film festival last week and family & funeral for the next week, my good habits are blown away! Hope to get back to a good routine soon.

I came to update the week # and post here yesterday, and I am not sure what happened. I thought about it once I was in bed last night and decided it could wait until this morning. :goodvibes

I lost 2.8 lbs at my WI this week, but that still leaves me up from where I started. :sad2:

I am going to water aerobics tonight and hope I can get into the swing of going a few days a week. I really need to get some activity in, and my foot is just not allowing anything impact exercise at the moment.

Have a great week all!

:cheer2:

Hi all -

I lost 2.8 lbs at my WI this week, but that still leaves me up from where I started. :sad2:

I am going to water aerobics tonight and hope I can get into the swing of going a few days a week. I really need to get some activity in, and my foot is just not allowing anything impact exercise at the moment.

Have a great week all!

All this talk about water aerobics - sounds like a great idea. I'm gonig to check my local YMCA to see what type of fitness programs they offer -

Thanks for the great idea :)

Hi Everyone!!
I walked twice yesterday. 2.25 miles in the morning and then another mile at lunch, totaling 3.25 miles.

It's raining here this morning and will be all day long. :sad2:

I am plan to make up for not going out this morning, by going to the Y after work tonight if I don't get stuck at work too late.

Today is weigh-in day - between 11:45 and 12:00 central time, could you all "think thin"?

Thanks, I think today will be very good news! :banana:

My sister and I walked two miles to the store to buy the newspapers with my Mom's obituary. It felt go to stretch my legs.
I am staying busy - packing um Mom's stuff, sorting, keep, donate, save. And a lot of sitting around and talking with family.

Today is weigh-in day - between 11:45 and 12:00 central time, could you all "think thin"?

Thanks, I think today will be very good news! :banana:

Thinking thin for you. Good luck :thumbsup2

My sister and walked two miles to the store to buy the newspapers with my Mom's obituary. It felt go to stretch my legs.
I am staying busy - packing um Mom's stuff, sorting, keep, donate, save. And a lot of sitting around and talking with family.

I'm glad to hear that you & your family are staying busy. The walk with your sister sounds like it was comforting. Remember that we're all here for you. :grouphug:

I'm glad to hear that you & your family are staying busy. The walk with your sister sounds like it was comforting. Remember that we're all here for you. :grouphug:

Thanks for the kind comment.
My sister is a neighbor of your's - she lives in Buffalo near Delaware Park. She is a runner (half marathons and triathalons) so I did well to keep up with her!

My sister and I walked two miles to the store to buy the newspapers with my Mom's obituary. It felt go to stretch my legs.

My mom died in January and the funeral was in Michigan. Your post reminded me that my sister and I drove to about 5 gas stations (at night - once we remembered) to buy newspapers with her obituary! Fortunately for us, my mom's house was in Florida, so we made 2 trips there (in Jan. and March) to go through her stuff and get the house ready to sell. And since she lived only an hour from WDW and I had an annual pass - I saw Off Kilter a few times, too! :)

Thanks for the kind comment.
My sister is a neighbor of your's - she lives in Buffalo near Delaware Park. She is a runner (half marathons and triathalons) so I did well to keep up with her!

That's a beautiful part of the city. I've only "walked" a few 5k events in the city. Perhaps I'll run into her ( no pun intended ) at the park someday.

Have a great week all!

Stop that right now, young lady! I had to bold the part you wrote to show you that you completely negated that you lost 2.8 pounds!
Hmmpf! Don't make me come after you with a wet noodle! It won't be pretty! :laughing: I consider every loss a victory, doll. Be happy about that. And you're getting activity points in! Woohoo!!

Another 1.8# lost, for a total of 13.2!!!!! :cool1:

May I start taking applicants to the Jaime Admiration Society? :flower3:
Heheheh. Woohoo to you too, girl! :banana:

I just wanted to share with you what happens when you lose weight.

Your doctor will be very proud of you. :laughing:
Well, at least mine was. She was thrilled that my bloodwork came back with improvements over last time, due mainly I believe to be my healthier habits.

For the first time in a few years, my cholesterol went under 200. I was hovering around 208 or so. Well, it's now 188! :banana: My blood pressure was 124/70, and even my pulse was 65/bpm vs. the 72/bpm my body took when I carried more weight.

I still need to boost the good cholestorol and lower the triglycerides a slight amount, but boosting activity and having either more salmon/avocodo/nuts to my diet (or taking fish oil supplements) might boost me back to the levels I need.

Still, by the end of my appointment, my doctor said that I made her day. :angel: I'm close to halfway to my goal, but I may or may not make goal before the cruise. Even if I don't make it by the cruise, I'll still be close enough to it to be ecstatic. :banana:

Lori - That's great! You are an inspiration to me. I saw a picture of you from your trip last December and I remember when we met in the spring - last year? - and I could see how much you had changed!

Great job - keep it up!

I just wanted to share with you what happens when you lose weight.

Your doctor will be very proud of you. :laughing:
Well, at least mine was. She was thrilled that my bloodwork came back with improvements over last time, due mainly I believe to be my healthier habits.

For the first time in a few years, my cholesterol went under 200. I was hovering around 208 or so. Well, it's now 188! :banana: My blood pressure was 124/70, and even my pulse was 65/bpm vs. the 72/bpm my body took when I carried more weight.

I still need to boost the good cholestorol and lower the triglycerides a slight amount, but boosting activity and having either more salmon/avocodo/nuts to my diet (or taking fish oil supplements) might boost me back to the levels I need.

Still, by the end of my appointment, my doctor said that I made her day. :angel: I'm close to halfway to my goal, but I may or may not make goal before the cruise. Even if I don't make it by the cruise, I'll still be close enough to it to be ecstatic. :banana:

Congratulations on your success! After reading this, I took my vitamins - including fish oil! :teeth:

I have an appt. in 2 weeks for a physical with my primary care physician. I don't recall the last time I had one, although I have gone to my OB-GYN for yearly exams. Now that I'm officially a senior citizen (AARP told me so!) - I'm sure the doctor will order all kinds of tests. My LDL/HDL ratio wasn't what it should be a few years ago, but my triglycerides dropped a LOT when I cut way back on refined carbs and lost (and subsequently found!) about 25 pounds.

Now I am off to the basement to ride the exercise bike and do some cross country skiing on the Nordic Track! :woohoo:

:cheer2:Congrats everyone on your losses this week and Lori, on your good news at the Doctor!:cheer2:

I went to the Y last night and walked 2 miles. This morning, I walked 2.25 miles then walked another mile at lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter