• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaping up for 2.0

Okay, my weight is down 1.5 pounds from last week. I am verrry slowly taking off a bit here and there. No gain is good. But I need to really kick in the better eating habits. Do more than just thinking about them!

I don't know how I did it - I guess I was being better than I thought last week - - -

I lost 4 1/2 pounds :cool1:

On my way back to my goal weight :cloud9:

A huge CONGRATS to all the losers this week!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I got on the scale for the first time in over two weeks. :eek::scared: Let's just say it wasn't the highlight of my weekend.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...

Okay, my weight is down 1.5 pounds from last week. I am verrry slowly taking off a bit here and there. No gain is good. But I need to really kick in the better eating habits. Do more than just thinking about them!

I don't know how I did it - I guess I was being better than I thought last week - - -

I lost 4 1/2 pounds :cool1:

On my way back to my goal weight :cloud9:

Way to go, both of you!!

:banana::banana::banana:

works been hell and I have been off track for the last couple of weeks, not gaining really, but not losing and getting knocked out of my routine of daily exercise sucks...but got back into it...a little bit anyway, today. Just got back in from a 3 mile jog,. managed my best mile yet, 11 minutes 27 seconds :banana: between that jog and the yard work I did today..I am beat, going to go put my feet up and get back to reading Beck's Common Sense

Just back from the film festival.
Tenth movie and four days and I finally gave in to a small bag of buttered popcorn. Just couldn't leave off the butter - they use real butter!

I gotta say, I love riding my bike back from the theater at 11:00 at night. A short ride, just under a mile and a half. The streets are deserted. I had to ride extra fast because it is cold on my bare legs - 54 degrees!

I wanted to walk at lunchtime today, but my sprained ankle from Thursday night was so extremely swollen I couldn't get it into my sneaker.

My eating has been okay, except for the buttered popcorn!

I walked twice today. Nice weather, though my lunch time walk, I played campus tour guide. I had to give directions to a Potential student and his father on where the Student Activities Center was at. I also ran into someone I hadn't seen in a while and stopped to chat for a few minutes with her.

I walked 3.45 miles on my morning walk and then another mile at lunch. Then I spent my afternoon in Diversity/Safe Zone Training. I did eat a Chocolate Chip Cookie, but I also had some of the Fruit they had out for us to munch on.

got in 5K run today and yesterday along with a good work out both days. Food intake was much better, I even ordered white rice with my chinese food. No soda and lots of water. Day 2 of the rest of my life ;)

This ten-day film festival with three films a night has cut back on regular exercise.

In order to leave early for the films, I work through lunch rather than going for a walk. I don't go to gym or on 3-4 mile walk after dinner. I am up too late to get up early to exercise.

However... I ride my bike from home to the two theaters that are showing the films. This gives me about five miles of biking. Plus I do short walks between the films.

And I am doing pretty good at not eating theater junk food!

Riding bike at 11:00 at night is so cool!

:thumbsup2 The Big Skinny: How I Changed My Fattitude by Carol Lay :thumbsup2

This is one of the best books on weight loss / getting fit I have read in a long time. Is a sequential-art (cartoon-like ) narrative, also known as a "graphic novel" format. It is an easy and fun read, gives all the information you need for sensible weight loss.

If you don't want to buy it, ask your local library to interlibrary loan it. The copy I read came from a library in Ohio.

Read the professional review, it says everything I would say. (and you can read more reviews at amazon.com)

From Booklist
A middle-aged cartoonist who has dealt with her own overeating and weight fluctuations since adolescence coaches readers in the simple but sturdy method she adopted to lose extra pounds, keep them off, and feel better emotionally and physically. Using herself as the model for learning calorie counting, accessible exercising, low-fat cooking, and the important social skills needed to turn down ruinously rich foods graciously in the office and at parties, Lay provides clear-eyed guidance free of touting memberships in commercial weight-loss programs, self-pity, and problems with sustainability. She draws her world with realism, showing how her body looked first as it burgeoned and then during times of severe fluctuation, depicting expressions on acquaintances’ faces as she discusses—and wisely chooses not to discuss—her reasons for saying “no thank you” to calorie-loaded offerings, and guiding readers through simple exercise regimens. She supplements the story with calorie charts and some ingredient-simple recipes. As weight-loss self-help and well-formed sequential-art narrative, The Big Skinny demonstrates that direct and simple can be satisfying approaches that yield admirable results. --Francisca Goldsmith

:thumbsup2 The Big Skinny: How I Changed My Fattitude by Carol Lay :thumbsup2

This is one of the best books on weight loss / getting fit I have read in a long time. Is a sequential-art (cartoon-like ) narrative, also known as a "graphic novel" format. It is an easy and fun read, gives all the information you need for sensible weight loss.

If you don't want to buy it, ask your local library to interlibrary loan it. The copy I read came from a library in Ohio.

Read the professional review, it says everything I would say. (and you can read more reviews at amazon.com)

From Booklist
A middle-aged cartoonist who has dealt with her own overeating and weight fluctuations since adolescence coaches readers in the simple but sturdy method she adopted to lose extra pounds, keep them off, and feel better emotionally and physically. Using herself as the model for learning calorie counting, accessible exercising, low-fat cooking, and the important social skills needed to turn down ruinously rich foods graciously in the office and at parties, Lay provides clear-eyed guidance free of touting memberships in commercial weight-loss programs, self-pity, and problems with sustainability. She draws her world with realism, showing how her body looked first as it burgeoned and then during times of severe fluctuation, depicting expressions on acquaintances’ faces as she discusses—and wisely chooses not to discuss—her reasons for saying “no thank you” to calorie-loaded offerings, and guiding readers through simple exercise regimens. She supplements the story with calorie charts and some ingredient-simple recipes. As weight-loss self-help and well-formed sequential-art narrative, The Big Skinny demonstrates that direct and simple can be satisfying approaches that yield admirable results. --Francisca Goldsmith

Fantastic sounding book - I'm going to see if my library has it

I picked up a set of those Resistance bands this morning - I saw an article in an old Weight Watcher magazine that showed 4 exercises for your arms. Hopefully this will help get rid of that "wavy glob" of upper arm flab ;)

Down another 1.2 for a total of 11.4. :banana:

And that was with a blue cheese burger and fries in Long Grove and Culver's for dinner (including a scoop of custard!)

Imagine what I could do if I lived up to my full potential (I seem to recall hearing that phrase once a year, going all the way back to kindergarden!)

Imagine what I could do if I lived up to my full potential (I seem to recall hearing that phrase once a year, going all the way back to kindergarden!)

:yay: Wonderful progress - Congratulations

Hotter than a firecracker here on the 4th of July! but I went to WW today and i am down 2.2 pounds ! yeah!

Today was weigh-in day. I gained a pound.:scared1: My total loss is 12 lbs.

My food choices last week were not the best. I was in one of those nothing sounds good moods and just ate what ever was presented as a choice. I hope to do better this week.

And that was with a blue cheese burger and fries in Long Grove and Culver's for dinner (including a scoop of custard!)

Hotter than a firecracker here on the 4th of July! but I went to WW today and i am down 2.2 pounds ! yeah!

tlcoke don't worry there is always a little up and down before you get to your goal. That's part of what makes it so worthwhile. :hug:

Jamie congrats on your loss. :cheer2::cheer2:
You are an amazing person.:)

ckdsnynt congrats on your loss! :cheer2::cheer2:

See next post for my problem.

O.K. guys here's the problem.
3 weeks ago I started using the wii fit to weigh myself.
I decide to try and save some money and only weigh in a weight watcher's once a month.
Now we used the wii fit to weigh our suitcases when going to WDW last time and it was right on according to the airlines scales.
According to the wii fit I have lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks.
I went and weigh in at WW this morning and according to their scales I had not lost anything and had in fact gained a 1/2 pound.
I find this hard to accept b/c I feel thinner, and I have continued the measuring and have lost inches as well.
DH says the scales at my WW where wrong, or off.
What do I do now.
DH thinks I should just keep going with the wii fit and see what happens next month when I go and weigh in.

What do you guys think?
:confused3:confused3:confused3

Haven't been in here (or online) in ages, it seems. Moving is the pits; Comcast making things difficult doesn't help. :headache:

I haven't been eating too well the last week, but I have been working like crazy (3rd floor walk up apartment... loooots of boxes, lol) so I'm not doing much damage vs. the scale (and my pants are still falling off, which as pluses and minuses :rolleyes1). I'm looking forward to getting back on track!

According to the wii fit I have lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks.
I went and weigh in at WW this morning and according to their scales I had not lost anything and had in fact gained a 1/2 pound.
I find this hard to accept b/c I feel thinner, and I have continued the measuring and have lost inches as well.
DH says the scales at my WW where wrong, or off.
What do I do now.
DH thinks I should just keep going with the wii fit and see what happens next month when I go and weigh in.
What do you guys think?
:confused3:confused3:confused3
I have to say, I've found my balance board has always been pretty 'true' with my weight (well, after I put the little 'feet' on it; when the bottom touched the carpet it was hilariously wrong). I'd be very surprised if it was off by 6.5 pounds, unless you were wearing something very different at weigh in? :confused3
I think your husband's got the right idea; keep tracking it and see if it continues. Maybe the WW scale has something wrong with it. If the Wii Fit result was consistent rather than a sudden loss, I'd be inclined to trust it. Though if you want to be extra sure, I guess you could try changing the batteries.

Okay, you guys that are riding your bike in the evening when it is 54 degrees? It was 106 degrees here on the bank sign at seven p.m. when I came home from work! grrrrr I'm sure the bank sign was not quite correct but you see how hot it has been here the past ten days - all over 100 degrees! Pool (water) is about the only way to exercise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter