Shaping up for 2.0

Will you please share with my what kind of scale you use. :confused:

I currently use a digital scale. When I step on, the zeroes flash, a number appears, then another, sometimes a third number before finally stopping. These numbers can be ten pounds apart. What is the correct number, the first or final? I try very hard to stand very still. A minute of two later I stand on the scale again, and get a different number, half pound or two different. Get off, repeat several times, untill I give up in slight frustration.

I am considering a non-digital scale. One with a speedometer-like dial. I am afraid that looking down five feet, I will not be able to read the little lines between the numbers.

Any suggestions and advice most gratefully accepted!
Many thanks!

I really do want accurate readings from a scale for positve reinforcement.

I have been :yay: exercising with weights, sweating :scared: out three miles a day on the treadmill. I have been really trying to watch my food intake.

I want to SEE results on a scale. And eventually in my clothes.

worked my butt off today, did my lawn today (including the all the edging which I loath doing) this morning while it was only 94 degrees out, then took one of newphews into the pool for about an hour or so, which mostly consisted of me picking him up and throwing him around (nice upper body work out) and pulling myself up out of the pool on the deep end and jumping in and swimming underwater the length of the pool...for some reason he finds it hillarious when I start at one end and then pop up right next to him on the other end. Later in the afternoon I checked the temp and saw it was 102 :scared: so instead of outdoor activity I went to the gym and did an hour on the eliptical, went full throttle on that sucker and in the end the thing said I burned 1250 calories! And now I just came back in from a 2.7 jog....in 93 degree weather...I waited for the sun to go down so it had cooled off :laughing:

Yes I am inviting head stroke :rolleyes1 but seriously I am trying to keep hydrated.

On the plus side I look forward to recieving a new piece of motivation thanks to this weeks podcast show. They read my email so I will be recieving a t-shirt. I requested a smaller size ;)

I currently use a digital scale. When I step on, the zeroes flash, a number appears, then another, sometimes a third number before finally stopping. These numbers can be ten pounds apart. What is the correct number, the first or final? I try very hard to stand very still. A minute of two later I stand on the scale again, and get a different number, half pound or two different. Get off, repeat several times, untill I give up in slight frustration.

I am considering a non-digital scale. One with a speedometer-like dial. I am afraid that looking down five feet, I will not be able to read the little lines between the numbers.

Many thanks!

I have a scale made by Conair - it is digital - it's called "Thinner" . I definately think your scale has bit the dust. Mine was inexpensive if I remember correctly.

worked my butt off today, did my lawn today (including the all the edging which I loath doing) this morning while it was only 94 degrees out, then took one of newphews into the pool for about an hour or so, which mostly consisted of me picking him up and throwing him around (nice upper body work out) and pulling myself up out of the pool on the deep end and jumping in and swimming underwater the length of the pool...for some reason he finds it hillarious when I start at one end and then pop up right next to him on the other end. Later in the afternoon I checked the temp and saw it was 102 :scared: so instead of outdoor activity I went to the gym and did an hour on the eliptical, went full throttle on that sucker and in the end the thing said I burned 1250 calories! And now I just came back in from a 2.7 jog....in 93 degree weather...I waited for the sun to go down so it had cooled off :laughing:

Yes I am inviting head stroke :rolleyes1 but seriously I am trying to keep hydrated.

On the plus side I look forward to recieving a new piece of motivation thanks to this weeks podcast show. They read my email so I will be recieving a t-shirt. I requested a smaller size ;)

OMG - I'm exhausted just reading what you accomplished. What a super workout day :cheer2:

got in my 5K today, sub 30 min. Actually I think it was more around 28 but I didn't stay for the official time. Ran with my wife so went a little slower than "possible" and had to fight a lot of traffic. Overall, it was really fun and I'm looking forward to running more race, maybe work up to a 10K soon.

got in my 5K today, sub 30 min. Actually I think it was more around 28 but I didn't stay for the official time. Ran with my wife so went a little slower than "possible" and had to fight a lot of traffic. Overall, it was really fun and I'm looking forward to running more race, maybe work up to a 10K soon.
Nice job Puck! That's a solid time. When I ran my 5K last year it was in the mid to upper 30 minute range.

You are the man for keeping it going strong after the Muddy Buddy! Tamra too!

Nice job Puck! That's a solid time. When I ran my 5K last year it was in the mid to upper 30 minute range.

You are the man for keeping it going strong afte the Muddy Buddy! Tamra too!

I'm telling Tamra you said she was the man :rotfl2:

I'm up 2.0 lbs. exactly this week, but I knew I would be due to the stress eating and water weight I am carrying. I bet this week I'll lose it again. So is the way of my life. :laughing:

Rinse. Repeat. I swear, I'm going in a downward curve, but with a few hills thrown in. :rotfl2:

Many thanks!

I got a new scale last month at walmart. It is digital but has a replaceable battery. It was the second cheapest of the digital readout scales (health master is the brand I think). It has dual memory that record and then will show you amount loss between weigh ins, so you can do one fully clothed and one after showering. This is the feature I use once a week to log my loss/gain. You can use it regularly in between weigh-ins in a regular mode, too. I am not at home right now, so I can't give you the exact brand and model.

I walked at total of 3.25 miles this morning. I decided to check out part of our new river walk. Unfortunately on the Indiana side of the Ohio River, they haven't gotten the segments between towns & cities connected yet. So, I walked in two parts. I walked the first section from one end to the other, then walked it back to my car, then I drove down to where the next section began and walked it from beginning to end, then turned around and went back to my car. It will be good when they get the segments connected as it will be a nice walk from start to finish.

I have been having good long treadmill workouts at the gym. The back of my neck was getting sweaty and wet with just the inch of hair I have. Today I rode my bike (finally saw some blue sky!) to the haircutter's and trimmed the bottom edge of my hair very close.

The dial scale at the gym weighed me more than five pounds less than I thought I weighed. The one at home is weighing me several pounds more than I weighed two weeks ago!

Yes, I am looking for a new scale. Still seeking suggestions.

I am looking forward to vacation in New Brunswick that will be mostly active outside activities. PLEASE, NO RAIN!!! Hope I eat well while I am away.

I won't be logging in until I gt back after the July 4, so everyone have a great holiday!

I have been having good long treadmill workouts at the gym. The back of my neck was getting sweaty and wet with just the inch of hair I have. Today I rode my bike (finally saw some blue sky!) to the haircutter's and trimmed the bottom edge of my hair very close.

The dial scale at the gym weighed me more than five pounds less than I thought I weighed. The one at home is weighing me several pounds more than I weighed two weeks ago!

I am looking forward to vacation in New Brunswick that will be mostly active outside activities. PLEASE, NO RAIN!!! Hope I eat well while I am away.

I won't be logging in until I gt back after the July 4, so everyone have a great holiday!
Have a good trip.

My scale is a Health o meter weight tracking scale. I got it at walmart.

Have a great holiday Lyn!

My weigh in this morning for this week stayed the same from last week. I feel a little bloated today, which could be why the scale stayed the same.

Today is my rest day from walking.

My weigh in this morning for this week stayed the same from last week. I feel a little bloated today, which could be why the scale stayed the same.

Today is my rest day from walking.

Hey - not losing is cool - at least you didn't gain anything you'll probably have a big loss week next week...
:thumbsup2

Seems I jumped the gun last week and said we had 75 weeks when it was 76. :sad2:

So :cheer2: for 75 weeks for real!!

So, today was weigh-in day ---

... stayed the same :confused3 - but that's ok - I didn't gain anything

I walked twice today.

This morning on my main walk, I walked 2.85 miles. I went back out at lunch an walked an additional miles.

My total for today is 3.85 miles.

Haven't had much time to check in lately (run off my feet getting ready to move & getting over a sinus infection - yay life! :laughing:). But, I was down .5 last week and about 1 this Sunday, bringing my total to 7.5 lost. :banana:

I finished the 30 day EA Active challenge (in 32 days, which it made me feel bad about..), and am looking forward to starting another round, but the leg strap that came with it has a tear so I'm going to need to replace it first. At least it's within the 90 day warranty.

Hoping to be around more when my weekend is over (funny; looking forward to going back to work to relax! :upsidedow).

Hope everyone else is having a great week! :grouphug:

Hi Guys, I am back from my weekend at the cottage.
We had a guest come for the weekend, he bought me ice cream and nanimo bars. ( I think that's how you spell that) Needless to say that this was not a good thing for me..:eek:
Please keep in mind I had already had my treat for the week.
A piece of cake from my DS daycare graduation party.
So last night when we got home I went to the gym.
I ran for 35 minutes out of the 45 minutes that I lasted on the treadmill.
I will be hitting the gym again today!
Now time to catch up...:)

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest