• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaping up for 2.0

I'll start a thread on Mondays so we can track our progress, set goals, encourage each other, and do/say whatever YOU need to do to have a healthy week.

Sound ok?

That sounds good to me. Being able to set a specific goal to work on for each week seems like a good method; baby steps kind of a thing. :thumbsup2

Are you doing that? Tamra has talked about it and even had a consult. I think she was looking to slim down one spot and increase another. So far she isn't convinced yet.

I can't do it until I don't need to worry about the lifting restriction, so I have at least a couple years.

What's the "Mommy Makeover" surgery?

A lift here and a tuck there.:laughing:

I just googled it. I think I need it.:rotfl:

I am afraid of surgery or I would probably do it.

I'm terrified, but would still do it.

I've been in Weight Watchers for 6 months, and I have lost weight. I still have a while before I reach my goal. I should hope by the time we cruise, I'll have already become a Lifetime member.

That's great, I was thinking about going back. I lost 45 pounds and was able to keep off 35 - just by switching to diet coke. Now if I can just get off the diet coke and get onto the water.

I was thinking about doing on-line, since I travel so much. I'm just trying to find out if I use the mobile tools if I have to be able to connect to the internet or if it's a stand alone application. I don't turn on the wi-fi or use the internet on my iphone when I travel outside the country.

I'll start a thread on Mondays so we can track our progress, set goals, encourage each other, and do/say whatever YOU need to do to have a healthy week.

Sound ok?

Sounds good to me.

Originally Posted by experiment_627 View Post

Sound ok?

I am in for that also.

T

That sounds good to me. Being able to set a specific goal to work on for each week seems like a good method; baby steps kind of a thing. :thumbsup2

Exactly. And we have people who don't necessarily want to lose weight, just be healthier. :thumbsup2

Although I will weigh every week, the only numbers I truly care about are the ones inside my clothes. The scale can bite me. :laughing:

I'll join in! I definitely need help. I was hoping to start the C25K program earlier this spring, but then I sprained my ankle on a toy :scared1:. I am hopefully going to start a walk to run program through our YMCA next week, I think it's the same type of program, 10 weeks to a 5K.

Okay, I went to my favorite store (Target) and bought a scale :scared1:

I really have two goals, to lose wight and lose stuff. I am a massive packrat and want to clean out my house, everything that hasn't been used in a year is going.

I found a consignment shop that I want to check out - I have clothes that have only been worn once or not at all. I tend to buy things that are "great" deals and then decide I don't like them or they don't fit.

Okay, I went to my favorite store (Target) and bought a scale :scared1:

I really have two goals, to lose wight and lose stuff. I am a massive packrat and want to clean out my house, everything that hasn't been used in a year is going.

I found a consignment shop that I want to check out - I have clothes that have only been worn once or not at all. I tend to buy things that are "great" deals and then decide I don't like them or they don't fit.

I am a huge packrat as well. I started doing something about 3 months ago that has worked out well - I pick one item a day that gets thrown out, recycled or put in the donation box. I started in our bathroom, and in a month I got rid of so much unused and outdated junk in the cabinets. After getting used to doing it daily, I upped it to 2 items a day, but when I tried to go to 3, it was too much. So far I've cleaned out 2 bathrooms and am working on the office now. It's slow, but it works.

I am a huge packrat as well. I started doing something about 3 months ago that has worked out well - I pick one item a day that gets thrown out, recycled or put in the donation box. I started in our bathroom, and in a month I got rid of so much unused and outdated junk in the cabinets. After getting used to doing it daily, I upped it to 2 items a day, but when I tried to go to 3, it was too much. So far I've cleaned out 2 bathrooms and am working on the office now. It's slow, but it works.

Huh. That sounds like a method that might work for me. We're moving in a couple of months and there's a lot of stuff I'd like to clear out before that. Not wanting to move boxes is a good motivator, too. :laughing:

I got on the scales and was up 9 lbs! I can't think of anything I ate on the ship or at WDW that was worth how hard I'll have to work to get it off (and I didn't even get to do DATW!).

Just got back from a 4 mile walk and I'll be doing it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...yikes!!!

That is excellent, I just hate looking at how much money I spent and thowing it away. I must have about 50 bare essentual eye shadows/ blushes that I never wear anymore, but they were on average $10 a piece :scared1:, but if I'm not going to wear it, why let it clutter up my house. I do have some that were never opened, so I'm going to put them on ebay.

It's sounding like my dad is going to be moving out of my house, so it will just be me and my brother, so it's time to start thinking of downsizing. I need to clean out and clean up so if I do decide to sell my house it will be ready.

Don't know how the market in my area is, but I am so tempted to move to my own personal mecca (aka Orlando), but I know I can't stand the summers.

Boy, did I get off topic or what?

I got on the scales and was up 9 lbs! I can't think of anything I ate on the ship or at WDW that was worth how hard I'll have to work to get it off (and I didn't even get to do DATW!).

Just got back from a 4 mile walk and I'll be doing it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...yikes!!!

Not even a dole whip? :rotfl:

I was lucky, I think w/ all the walking and sweating, I didn't gain anything. I am pretty seditary in my real life so that was a lot of exercise for me.

This is just what I need to get and keep motivated. I have walked three times so far this week-from my house to Ft McHenry around the sea wall and back (about 3 miles). Now I just have to keep it going.

Anyone with a Wii planning on getting (or have already gotten) EA Active? I've read good things about it. I was totally addicted to Wii Fit before I hurt my foot in March, and it sounds like this is way more of a workout.

Not even a dole whip? :rotfl:

I was lucky, I think w/ all the walking and sweating, I didn't gain anything. I am pretty seditary in my real life so that was a lot of exercise for me.

That's what's really weird -- I didn't have any of my favorite things on this trip: Dole Whip, chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from the Main Street Bakery, or cinnamon glazed almonds. (Good thing I guess, or I would have gained even more!)

Anyone with a Wii planning on getting (or have already gotten) EA Active? I've read good things about it. I was totally addicted to Wii Fit before I hurt my foot in March, and it sounds like this is way more of a workout.

I'd like to hear more about this as well.

I realized yesterday I was back to my pre-adoption weight. Between back surgery and adopting our boys 7 weeks later, I lost almost 40 pounds without doing anything (including sleeping or eating for about 6 months!) I swore up and down I wasn't going to put it back on...well, I swore alot more yesterday :lmao: On my way out for a nice hour long walk! :banana:

I've been considering it. I like my Wii Fit but I find that the workout isn't really intense enough for my liking. So far the reviews I've read have been good, but I don't personally know anyone who has it.

I have it but have only messed with it for like 10 minutes so far. The leg strap thing is well constructed, but I have to mess with it to figure out how to get it to stay on better, seems to slip down a bit when I start moving with it on. The resistance band that comes with it...well it just doesnt offer much resistance :rotfl: so when I fire it up next I will be using one of the other bands I have. Only seen a handful of the exercises they offer so far, but it definitely is more workout and less game then Wii Fit is.

Since we are highly considering re booking the 2.0 cruise I would like to join in. We just got back from 13 days of vacation at wdw and the podcast cruise and the number on the scale was just scary! :scared1: I then immediately joined ww online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter