~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

Thanks! I am a bit nervous about designing a pattern, I've never done that before. :confused3 I asked DH about it last night, and he said we have the program on our PC to do it - so it's just a matter of me learning.

Well, I took my new bag for a test run last night, and I am very happy with it. The size was perfect, and it was comfortable.

Speaking of last night... Allison had her first Beauty and the Beast musical performance, she was one of Gaston's "Silly Girls" and she did wonderful! :wizard: I thought I'd post a couple of pics... I will add - she hated her costume, and if she knew I was posting these pics, she'd hate me forever.

IMG_21581.jpg

IMG_21662.jpg

And this one is my favorite! :lovestruc
IMG_21673.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. :lovestruc

D~

Yay for already having the software! And yay! for the test run being successful!
And I understand about "ugly" costumes and not liking what the costumer picked for one to wear, but tell your daughter the "ugly" (I don't think it's that bad, but I feel her pain) costume just makes her beauty shine through even more!

Have you seen those water bottles that look like a plastic bag? Lots of people had them in Disney and so do some of my DD's friends. They look fairly light but I'm not sure if they leak.

I haven't seen these! Any idea where to buy them? Those sound perfect for my boys!

Marianne <------- Who went to Mary Jo's this morning and bought pretty fabrics to make herself a Figment decoupage jean skirt (like I needed another project on the to do list!:rolleyes1

Marianne <------- Who went to Mary Jo's this morning and bought pretty fabrics to make herself a Figment decoupage jean skirt (like I needed another project on the to do list!:rolleyes1

Color me jealous. I loved MAryJo's the one and only time I went there. Wish I had a trip to Charlotte planned. May need to try to get to another race and bring the boy.

Thanks! I am a bit nervous about designing a pattern, I've never done that before. :confused3 I asked DH about it last night, and he said we have the program on our PC to do it - so it's just a matter of me learning.

ROFL... But I will probably need testers... Don't you think????

Speaking of last night... Allison had her first Beauty and the Beast musical performance, she was one of Gaston's "Silly Girls" and she did wonderful! :wizard: I thought I'd post a couple of pics... I will add - she hated her costume, and if she knew I was posting these pics, she'd hate me forever.

IMG_21581.jpg

IMG_21662.jpg

And this one is my favorite! :lovestruc
IMG_21673.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. :lovestruc

D~
I am sure that you will do an awesome job creating a pattern. Look at the great job you did on that bag! And I will definitely volunteer to test it out for you!

Your daughter is adorable, even though she felt her costume wasn't great. I think her costume was cute! I am sure you were soooo proud of her and that she was wonderful in the play.

Yeah I will buy it print it out and put it in one of my pretty notebooks and never make it. Like all my other patterns.:rotfl2:
Chiara- I am cracking up right now!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am sure that you will do an awesome job creating a pattern. Look at the great job you did on that bag! And I will definitely volunteer to test it out for you!

Your daughter is adorable, even though she felt her costume wasn't great. I think her costume was cute! I am sure you were soooo proud of her and that she was wonderful in the play.

Chiara- I am cracking up right now!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I told you I have lots of patterns I just don't use them. I have to work myself into a panic to use one :scared1:

D---> Love the pics of your daughter. I think the costume is adorable.

Yeah I will buy it print it out and put it in one of my pretty notebooks and never make it. Like all my other patterns.:rotfl2:

:lmao: Sounds like me. I so want to try the Rossetta bag and have everything for it just don't know what is holding me back. :rotfl:

Yay for already having the software! And yay! for the test run being successful!
And I understand about "ugly" costumes and not liking what the costumer picked for one to wear, but tell your daughter the "ugly" (I don't think it's that bad, but I feel her pain) costume just makes her beauty shine through even more!

I will tell her that... And I will take that as a compliment, as well - since she looks just like ME. :rotfl2:

Ack!!! ROFL... I'd call you a STICK IN THE MUD - but, clearly, you are not. :rotfl2:

I'm joining in! Now I'm going back to read it all :thumbsup2

You're probably still reading. :surfweb: Sorry about that, there's a lot to read, and really - not much about my trip. :confused3

But :welcome: and I hope you'll continue to keep an eye on my PTR. I'll be checking in on yours, as well. :thumbsup2

Color me jealous. I loved MAryJo's the one and only time I went there. Wish I had a trip to Charlotte planned. May need to try to get to another race and bring the boy.

I would just like to go to Charlotte... Not like it's on my way to anywhere though. :confused3 Except Marianne's. :banana:

I had trouble finding the water bottles that I've seen around town. I found this Hello Kitty one:

http://www.pickegg.com/wholesale/16...-bag-with-carabiner-clip-red.html?welcome=254

Try searching for "foldable water bottle" and you might have some luck. I'll try to ask my DD's friend where she got hers but maybe them have them at REI. I guess D~ would know if they had them at Target!

ROFL... Yes, dear, I keep an inventory of Target's inventory in the back of my head. :laughing: In all seriousness, I will look the next time I am there and see if we carry them, if we don't now, I am sure we will soon - and then we'll clearance them out shortly after that. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I will definately keep all of you in mind when I get that far. :lovestruc

I told you I have lots of patterns I just don't use them. I have to work myself into a panic to use one :scared1:

ROFL... Well, in that case, Chiara - maybe you'd be a good candidate for me to make a bag for you. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

D~ <---- Really needs to get back to work. Believe it or not, I do have a few outfit ideas floating around in my head, but now I am knee deep into other projects that I need to finish first. :rolleyes1

See below ---

I had trouble finding the water bottles that I've seen around town. I found this Hello Kitty one:

http://www.pickegg.com/wholesale/16...-bag-with-carabiner-clip-red.html?welcome=254

Try searching for "foldable water bottle" and you might have some luck. I'll try to ask my DD's friend where she got hers but maybe them have them at REI. I guess D~ would know if they had them at Target!

I'll check it out and hopefully come back with a link for y'all :)

I will tell her that... And I will take that as a compliment, as well - since she looks just like ME. :rotfl2:

Definitely take it as a compliment! :)

Ack!!! ROFL... I'd call you a STICK IN THE MUD - but, clearly, you are not. :rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

I would just like to go to Charlotte... Not like it's on my way to anywhere though. :confused3 Except Marianne's. :banana:

Chiara - read here:
Okay - maybe I should look into a "bus tour" of fabric locations in the Charlotte area - for all my Disboutique friends - like a package deal of hotel & bus transport (or 15 passenger van) to all the great fabric locations. . . we could call it our "Disboutique Spring Retreat" :confused3

ROFL... Yes, dear, I keep an inventory of Target's inventory in the back of my head. :laughing: In all seriousness, I will look the next time I am there and see if we carry them, if we don't now, I am sure we will soon - and then we'll clearance them out shortly after that. :thumbsup2

D~ <---- Really needs to get back to work. Believe it or not, I do have a few outfit ideas floating around in my head, but now I am knee deep into other projects that I need to finish first. :rolleyes1

The Target inventory comment cracked me up :rotfl:
And get back to work girl! I've still got lots to do too, but I'm letting DH take the boys to soccer tonight so I can sew sew sew! I MUST finish those jeans tonight if it kills me!

Everything you sew always turns out great! But I "collect" patterns also so I understand what you mean.

Chiara - read here:
Okay - maybe I should look into a "bus tour" of fabric locations in the Charlotte area - for all my Disboutique friends - like a package deal of hotel & bus transport (or 15 passenger van) to all the great fabric locations. . . we could call it our "Disboutique Spring Retreat" :confused3

Sounds like lots of fun! Of course, how would I sneak all the fabric I'd buy past my husband and into my sewing room????? I need a new spring "girls" weekend. Now that my in-laws are living in their Florida house full time, there are no more girls get aways for me!

D- I can't wait to see what new outfits are coming together in your mind!

Everything you sew always turns out great! But I "collect" patterns also so I understand what you mean.

Sounds like lots of fun! Of course, how would I sneak all the fabric I'd buy past my husband and into my sewing room????? I need a new spring "girls" weekend. Now that my in-laws are living in their Florida house full time, there are no more girls get aways for me!

D- I can't wait to see what new outfits are coming together in your mind!

I'm in need of a girls weekend :) This weekend when I go home to RI for a friend's wedding is the first time I'll have EVER been away from Finn overnight (and only the 3rd time from Phalen). . . it's that darn "DH works weekends" thing - always gets in the way! :rolleyes1

Our vacation cabin is actually in Lovell,Maine (next town over from Fryeburg)so we never go past North Conway when we go up there.:lmao: QUOTE]

I grew up in Lovell. My parents used to own the campground on the lake. Is your cabin on Kezar?

By the way D, loving this! You are so very talented :) Gonna finish reading now, just was so excited to see someone who knew where my hometown was! Its such a small world :)

I'm in need of a girls weekend :) This weekend when I go home to RI for a friend's wedding is the first time I'll have EVER been away from Finn overnight (and only the 3rd time from Phalen). . . it's that darn "DH works weekends" thing - always gets in the way! :rolleyes1

I am glad you are finally getting away... Before Finn is taller than you are, anyways. :thumbsup2 Loved how your Princess jeans turned out!

Our vacation cabin is actually in Lovell,Maine (next town over from Fryeburg)so we never go past North Conway when we go up there.:lmao: QUOTE]

I grew up in Lovell. My parents used to own the campground on the lake. Is your cabin on Kezar?

By the way D, loving this! You are so very talented :) Gonna finish reading now, just was so excited to see someone who knew where my hometown was! Its such a small world :)

No problem! I threadjack all the time. If I could just be quiet once in a while - it'd be nice. :thumbsup2 (I know that "it'd" isn't really a word - for those that were thinking that :confused3)

OK, so this is what I am thinking, and I am not sure if I can say it, so you all might have to do a bit of thinking.

So, this project I've been working on - you know, the BIG one. Some people want me to make them one and some people want to make it themselves - all for various reasons. I think I am going to make it available both ways. :confused3 I will be able to make it available to those who don't want to make it themselves very soon, but those that want to make it on their own are going to have to wait - perhaps a long time - because I've never drafted a pattern before. Let's just say, if the pattern is available before Christmas, I would be amazed.

So, did everyone understand that? :surfweb:

Also, today is a big day, IRL... Allison has her last B & B performance tonight, and we have a lot of out of town guests coming to see her - most of which she doesn't know about. So, I am pretty excited! :thumbsup2

D~

Here it is, I know you've all been anxiously waiting for this too... :surfweb:

PhotobucketDay-6.jpg

D~

OK, so this is what I am thinking, and I am not sure if I can say it, so you all might have to do a bit of thinking.

So, this project I've been working on - you know, the BIG one. Some people want me to make them one and some people want to make it themselves - all for various reasons. I think I am going to make it available both ways. :confused3 I will be able to make it available to those who don't want to make it themselves very soon, but those that want to make it on their own are going to have to wait - perhaps a long time - because I've never drafted a pattern before. Let's just say, if the pattern is available before Christmas, I would be amazed.

So, did everyone understand that? :surfweb:

Also, today is a big day, IRL... Allison has her last B & B performance tonight, and we have a lot of out of town guests coming to see her - most of which she doesn't know about. So, I am pretty excited! :thumbsup2

D~
I am ok with waiting until after Christmas. I have so many other projects lined up right now and really no time to sew with my mom still in rehab and having to watch over my dad. I am super excited about trying to sew out the pattern once you make it. Those Vera Bradley bags cost a LOT for something I know I can make. Plus I love the idea of being able to personalize the bag with my fabrics and the colors I love.

Have a great day with the big B&B performance. Enjoy your company and the the final performance. Are the kids having a cast party afterwards?

Hmmmm, pattern not available until after Christmas...well, when you consider all the other stuff I have to do BEFORE Christmas...works for me!

LOL

NINI

I can'y wait to see the "variations" ;)on the bag!

So you never told us about your pixie dust!:)

I always have another trip planned. Must get the money out of the annual passes and DVC.

Next year I have 2 DVC trips booked (with a possible 3rd for Christmas) and a Disney Cruise in July.

I know people say go other places but seriously for us with J right now this works the best.

Have fun tonight. I just noticed your "index page" with a link to all your pictures and the section title "Customs". I think you need to post some pictures of your PR winning outfit or are you waiting to post an in-the-park picture?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter