• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2015 - Checkin Thread

We'll be there September 13th - 17th at the Grand Californian! This will be our first time! :D

Just a little update. I only wanted to take the kids out of school for 2 days but DH decided we needed one more day so we booked it. So we're in DLR Sept 12 (cross country meet then travel day) - Sept 16. :)

Our dates are Sept. 16 thru 19th. My fingers are crossed for nice weather! So afraid the heat is going to keep us away; my sister cannot be out in it due to medical reasons.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the opposite of a heat wave! But I feel pretty prepared, we have packed my parasol for shade, my Adventureland straw fan, my overpriced fan spray bottle, and two Frogg Toggs cooling towells which I can't wait to try. They are like a wet scarf that cools you through evaporation. We also plan to leave for a mid day air conditioned nap and some pool time. I think we will survive as long as it isn't over 100 degrees! 100 us really pushing it for me as far as acceptable outdoor weather!

Yeah, I'm hoping for the opposite of a heat wave! But I feel pretty prepared, we have packed my parasol for shade, my Adventureland straw fan, my overpriced fan spray bottle, and two Frogg Toggs cooling towells which I can't wait to try. They are like a wet scarf that cools you through evaporation. We also plan to leave for a mid day air conditioned nap and some pool time. I think we will survive as long as it isn't over 100 degrees! 100 us really pushing it for me as far as acceptable outdoor weather!
Oh gosh, if I find out it is going to be that excessive, we will have to cancel!

Edited to add: wish we could have a "local" give us an assurance that it would be nice mid-September!!

I too am hoping for nothing more than 80! I hate when it's super hot in DL!

I too am hoping for nothing more than 80! I hate when it's super hot in DL!
Let's do a "cool weather dance"! :dancer: lol Won't hurt to start a couple of months early. The last several times I've been to LA in the summer, we've been very lucky with the weather as far as temps are concerned. I'm so hoping that this time is just as lovely!

:dancer::cool1::dancer::cool1::dancer:Last time I was there in 2012 for Labor Day weekend it was over 100.......... too HOT!
I am with you for the 80's temps!!

I am counting down the weeks until we get there!!!!

I've booked all of our reservations. BTR BBQ, Ariels breakfast for the two teens, Cafe Orleans, BB fantasmic, CC world of colour, Carnation Cafe and also a cabana at DLH for a full day.

It's winter here at the moment and our average high temps are 18 degrees ( about 64 in USA terms ) and I am wishing for warm weather while we are there :D

We will also be going to Disneyland/DCA September 14-20. We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and will be in the parks for 4 days. It will be my husband, my 6 year old son and myself. We are beyond excited!! I have a question for those who know about the dinner package for Fantasmic. I noticed a few of you on this thread bought your package already. I was looking at table for Blue bayou on September 18th. It shows there is only one reservation left for 8:00. What I don't understand is....the calendar/schedule of events is not out yet for the week we are going to be there. How do I know if this reservation time will work or not with the fantastic package? It's not showing what time Fantasmic will be going on. I guess I'm a little confused as to how they can be taking reservations for the package without the schedule being out. Thank you all so much!!!

September 28 - October 3! Had a great time at the Halloween Party in 2013 so probably go again this year. Looking forward to returning to Paradise Pier!

Hello all, late to party, but we are there September 3 - 10 for the Half Marathon followed by days of relaxing by pools and the Matterhorn!

We will also be going to Disneyland/DCA September 14-20. We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and will be in the parks for 4 days. It will be my husband, my 6 year old son and myself. We are beyond excited!! I have a question for those who know about the dinner package for Fantasmic. I noticed a few of you on this thread bought your package already. I was looking at table for Blue bayou on September 18th. It shows there is only one reservation left for 8:00. What I don't understand is....the calendar/schedule of events is not out yet for the week we are going to be there. How do I know if this reservation time will work or not with the fantastic package? It's not showing what time Fantasmic will be going on. I guess I'm a little confused as to how they can be taking reservations for the package without the schedule being out. Thank you all so much!!!

September 18 is a Friday. Fri-Sat park hours and the entertainment schedule tend to be very consistent. An 8pm reservation will probably get you a FP for the 10:45 show. Have fun! I was going to book for the 18th as well but we will probably be dressing up for Dapper Day and I don't want to have to deal with sitting on the ground in a nice dress, seat cushion or not :lmao:So we are booked for the 19th instead.

I will be there September 22nd to October 1st. I will stay at the Disneyland Hotel from September 22nd to 25th; with friends on the 25th and 26th and at Paradise Pier from 27th to October 1st.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter