September 2014 Discount Watch!

In the past I have been able to add a Free Dining discount to already-made reservations. (I did this in 2007 and in 2009.) Has this changed?

Will I have to entirely rebook if I get a PIN code? And more importantly, will I not get a PIN code if I am already booked?

Anyone who knows about this stuff -- your answer would be greatly appreciated!

(And I'm sorry if I am not posting this in the right place -- I am brand new here, so I am not sure where to ask these types of questions.)

:welcome:

In order of the questions asked...

1. No, you can call to have the discount applied to an existing package reservation. Just have a back up resort or room type in mind in case your desired location is not available.

2. Not unless you have booked a room only reservation and the PIN requires a package booking. That would be the only reason you would have to cancel and rebook.

3. Makes no difference at all. :goodvibes

Maybe a certain person could stop taking duckface selfies and put a F.A.Q. list in the first post? :rolleyes1

Seriously though it might be nice for newbies or haven't-been-there-in-awhiles to be able to browse the answers of the questions that get asked a lot. :goodvibes

eta: i meant the first post of the free dining thread!

Our plan is to stay in POR (Alligator Bayou) bc its the most economical room that sleeps 5 BUT......... IF Free Dining is offered at other (more expensive) resorts and NOT offered at POR, then it will make sense for us to switch plans to another resort say, Boardwalk or Beach Club, bc they also have single rooms sleeping 5 and the free food will make up for the price difference. We enjoy table service meals.
Another option would be 2 rooms at a value resort, but then we would pay for an upgrade in the DDP from quick service and I think that would add up to more than just going up in class on the resort choice.

OF COURSE, all of this is contingent upon FD even being offered.

With no FD, then a room only discount would probably be the best bet and pay oop for food.

Hi;

Black562 I am looking at booking for Sept and this is my first time going during this month. I usually go during Nov/Dec. My dates that I am looking at are Sept. 29-Oct. 10. Though my dates are flexible. What do you think of chances of FD'ing during this time?

Thanks. Always hearing great things about you :thumbsup2

Was kind of hoping for it to fall so I can figure out what I have to pay for the whole thing

I called right at 7:00 AM today and the cast member told me she had not received any new promotions today. Keep checking, she said...

Have you heard any rumors on which resorts may be excluded? (I know it's a long shot)

From the first post of the free dining thread

Some resorts are excluded, such as Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I assume those that are normally excluded will be again. Really, I am wondering about POR. I really hope it's not. That's the best option for my family of 5.

I assume those that are normally excluded will be again. Really, I am wondering about POR. I really hope it's not. That's the best option for my family of 5.

POR is not excluded but that does not mean there will be availability. If POR is not available then just keep trying, I have found that room inventory constantly changes and resorts become available days and even weeks later.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anybody else get an email from Disney Visa, announcing an upcoming "special offer". Sounds like Sept FD on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter