• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2014 Discount Watch!

I love, love September and free dining! To me the only downsides are the heat and, of course, the possibility of hurricane (knock on wood, none so far on our trips)! We don't mind the afternoon rain shower as it clears the park and doesn't last long!

I am excited but honestly very worried that the heat will be bad. We are from Georgia and used to heat and humidity, but I spend most of my summer days either by the pool or indoors.:beach: I am hoping that if we hit the parks at rope drop and take a mid-day lunch/swim/nap break that we will miss the heat of the day in the parks.

I am excited but honestly very worried that the heat will be bad. We are from Georgia and used to heat and humidity, but I spend most of my summer days either by the pool or indoors.:beach: I am hoping that if we hit the parks at rope drop and take a mid-day lunch/swim/nap break that we will miss the heat of the day in the parks.

I hate the heat and while I find it "bothersome" it isn't unbearable. I keep hydrated and wear cool, light colored clothes and wear my hair up. I found these little handheld fans with a water mist on the them that worked wonderfully! They were about $10 and attached to a belt loop. I found those big water misters they sell in the park cumbersome. I don't think you will be too hot. We are taking a toddler this year, so our plan is to do RD, take an afternoon rest at the resort and hit the park again in the late afternoon.

I hate the heat and while I find it "bothersome" it isn't unbearable. I keep hydrated and wear cool, light colored clothes and wear my hair up. I found these little handheld fans with a water mist on the them that worked wonderfully! They were about $10 and attached to a belt loop. I found those big water misters they sell in the park cumbersome. I don't think you will be too hot. We are taking a toddler this year, so our plan is to do RD, take an afternoon rest at the resort and hit the park again in the late afternoon.

Thanks for the tip on the fans. I will definitely be packing those!

I love, love September and free dining! To me the only downsides are the heat and, of course, the possibility of hurricane (knock on wood, none so far on our trips)! We don't mind the afternoon rain shower as it clears the park and doesn't last long!

Hurricanes aren't typically a big deal in the center of the state. Just like a heavy storm for the most part. I've been in two of them while either driving down or after I arrived. The good thing about a hurricane (if you're driving) is they cancel a lot of flights, so the parks are basically empty.

If you fly though, that wouldn't help much.

Throwing my hat into the waiting fro FD for the Middle of Sept! We are doing the cabins but my wife has not traveld with the kids and myself the last few times and I would love to take her to a couple of the places we have enjoyed eating at.

C'mon FD Teppan Edo and Liberty Tree is calling for Gary!!!!

MamaToDavis said:

We're from Georgia, too. Stick to your plan and you should be fine. That's the strategy we follow and it works very well.

I am not looking forward to the heat either. We are from Vegas, and yes its usually around 110-120 everyday during the summer, but that Florida humidity makes the heat so much worse. I think your plan sounds great!

We're going September 5 to 15. Planning on staying at POFQ. Hoping for the FD. Hope they don't make us wait too long! I'm really chompin' at the bit to book!! Our 15 year anniversary is September 11!

I am not looking forward to the heat either. We are from Vegas, and yes its usually around 110-120 everyday during the summer, but that Florida humidity makes the heat so much worse. I think your plan sounds great!

Yes the humidity down here is horrible in the summer. I even contemplated a September trip to Disneyland. However, I don't think my DH is up for that.

Thinking of going the later part of Sept - we've always gone the first of June. Can anyone compare temps and/or humidity difference between the 2? It has been moderate to HOT and sticky in our June trips.

We just got back from our POFQ FD trip last night, now I'm planning our September vacation. Hoping for FD again, still haven't decided on dates yet.

We went Sept 10-14 this year for the free dining promotion and had so much fun. It was the least crowded I've ever seen the parks and the weather was nice and hot but not too miserable like I imagine summer would be. I'm already going in Oct & Nov for the Tower of Terror and Wine & Dine races but after last September's awesome trip I'm hoping to squeeze it in too somehow. Luckily I have lots of airline points but I need a good Disney discount to make the actual trip affordable.

I'm currently booked on a PIN code that saved me about $300 on a suite at AoA. Still hoping for free dining instead, because my family of 5 can most definitely eat more than $300 worth of food over eight days!

We're going September 19-27th, renting points to stay at Boardwalk Villas, but then switching to POR September 27-Oct 1, on a cash reservation, so FD would be awesome for the last four days of our trip, as well as an AP discount on the room! Here's hoping!!!

We're going September 19-27th, renting points to stay at Boardwalk Villas, but then switching to POR September 27-Oct 1, on a cash reservation, so FD would be awesome for the last four days of our trip, as well as an AP discount on the room! Here's hoping!!!

Just incase you don't already know, FD stays require a minimum two day base ticket for everyone on the reservation age 3 and up. You can save those tickets for a future trip or use them towards your AP renewal. You cannot get an AP room rate with free dining. You have to pay full price for the room.

Just incase you don't already know, FD stays require a minimum two day base ticket for everyone on the reservation age 3 and up. You can save those tickets for a future trip or use them towards your AP renewal. You cannot get an AP room rate with free dining. You have to pay full price for the room.

Thank you so much for the info. I didn't know any of that!

I booked room discount with free memory maker, but holding out hope for free dining. Would rather rather have free dining over memory maker.

I booked room discount with free memory maker, but holding out hope for free dining. Would rather rather have free dining over memory maker.

It is very possible that you will have to pay for memory maker if you try to switch to free dining. Memory maker is nonrefundable, so while you didn't technically pay for it, you still purchased it. The fine print of that deal leads me to believe that you will have to pay for it if something better comes along that you want to switch to. That might explain why they put out an offer so early in the year for those dates. Pretty smart from a business standpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter