September 2014 Discount Watch!

Yay!!!!!!! I got a pin in an email today!! The 35% off room or free dining pin! We booked Sept 6-20 at Beach Club Villas. I was wanting a split stay at BLT, but there was no availability. The phone call had already took an hour so I just booked BCV as she kept having problems with the system and having to start over, so I didn't want to keep harassing her but now I'm kicking myself. I wish I would've had her check if we could've done BCV, then BLT as there was no availability with BLT first, then BCV. Or even if we did a split stay at AKL Kidani village. Hmmm.. maybe I'll discuss with my hubby and call back tomorrow!

ETA: I just logged on last week for the first time since our trip last August, and was messing around with pricing. Then we received the email today. So I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or us pricing things out that caused the pin, but keep trying everyone, you never know!

Hoping for September Free Dining.......I know it seems as though something changes every year with their fd deals....so what happened last year? Anything? I know 2012 we went in November and the difference that trip was we had to book garden view for POR and not just a regular view for free dining.

This looks like the thread to watch. Hoping for free dining in Sept or Nov!

Booked a trip a short trip mid-Sptemeber, staying at WL. Keeping my eyes open for early fall discount!

We just had to cancel our March trip :mad: We are going to rebook for September but I am hoping for FD so we can stay a few more days- trying to be patient :rolleyes1

Please free dining after September 15 as we leave the 14th and want to avoid all the FD fanatics! Haha, hopefully there is a RO discount though even though we might go the DVC rental route this year.

What's fd? I'm open on when to go - want to go the slowest week and thought around the second week would be slow.

There has been a pin released for room discounts. I called today and almost fell out of my chair when the lady told me I had 3 pins. 2 I couldn't use since they ended in March, but the one I did use saved us 30% on our stay at POR from a September 3rd-12th! I'm never lucky so I am so excited I had pins! Saved us $530! Still hoping for a free dining as it would save us about double that! AOA & POFQ 20% off All other values 25% off Moderates 30% off Deluxe and Villas 35% off I believe the dates are from August 17th through end of September

So you can double dip on the pins? Say to save 30% on a moderate and then free dining if one came out? On the same trip?

OMG! OMG! OMG! So I just called again and even though there was no pin attached to my name, my husband had one attached to his name!!!! We don't get the snail mail because our address is over 7 years old.... Guess it's time to update his information in the computer!!! Either way I almost fell over!!!! Doing the happy dance :dance3::dance3::dance3: Looks like we are for sure staying at BC from September 14-21 :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: anyone else going the same time? We have never been there in September!

OMG! OMG! OMG! So I just called again and even though there was no pin attached to my name, my husband had one attached to his name!!!! We don't get the snail mail because our address is over 7 years old.... Guess it's time to update his information in the computer!!! Either way I almost fell over!!!! Doing the happy dance :dance3::dance3::dance3: Looks like we are for sure staying at BC from September 14-21 :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: anyone else going the same time? We have never been there in September!

Congrats on the pin code, that is exciting! We are going 9/13-9/27, staying at pop with free dining from last years bounceback.

Guys, be careful booking ahead of time in hopes for a discount. Disney offers things like free dining in response to low demand. If everyone is booking rooms, Disney has less incentive to offer these deals. I saw this happen during a recent room only discount when Riverside and All Star Movies were excluded due to high bookings.

Remember, there is no upside to booking early if you're wanting a discount. You still have to call on the day it's offered and your resort still has to show availability. In some cases, people have had to switch resorts since their resort didn't have remaining availability.

I've been doing this for years and the more people book up rooms ahead of time, the less likely Disney will extend deals like free dining to the public.

I am glad I read the entire thread. I was just going to post this same thing. The more that book, the less chance there is for a promo since Disney will see that as "no need for a promo".
In 2012 the FD offer came out on 3/1/12 for Visa card holders (3/5 to the public) for travel dates 8/25 thru 9/29 and then turned around and extended it.
In 2013 the FD offer didnt come out until 5/6/12 for Visa card holders (5/9 to the public) and they cut the travel dates to only include 9/2 thru 9/25.
Here is a website with all the historical data for discounts if anyone is interested:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

With all that being said, I am paitently waiting for FD and hoping that it includes my dates of 9/25 (will adjust if needed for FD) thru 10/1!! :dance3:

I did get a couple of pins for RO thru September OR FD but only thru 3/5.

HERE'S TO DISNEY IN SEPTEMBER!!! Never been in September but hopefully the low crowds will be worth it! :goodvibes

YAY!!! EXCITED FOR Y'ALL!! :cheer2:

Was the PIN for free dining or room only discount?
Just trying to see what PIN's are floating around:goodvibes

We booked CBR with a RO discount for now from 9/20-9/27. Add to this list who are waiting for a FD offer :)

I am glad I read the entire thread. I was just going to post this same thing. The more that book, the less chance there is for a promo since Disney will see that as "no need for a promo".
In 2012 the FD offer came out on 3/1/12 for Visa card holders (3/5 to the public) for travel dates 8/25 thru 9/29 and then turned around and extended it.
In 2013 the FD offer didnt come out until 5/6/12 for Visa card holders (5/9 to the public) and they cut the travel dates to only include 9/2 thru 9/25.
Here is a website with all the historical data for discounts if anyone is interested:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

With all that being said, I am paitently waiting for FD and hoping that it includes my dates of 9/25 (will adjust if needed for FD) thru 10/1!! :dance3:

I did get a couple of pins for RO thru September OR FD but only thru 3/5.

HERE'S TO DISNEY IN SEPTEMBER!!! Never been in September but hopefully the low crowds will be worth it! :goodvibes

I went Sept 2012 on free dining! Crowds were low! We had a great time. Holding off on booking.. due to the no need for promo. Here's to it working!!! http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/drinking

I went Sept 2012 on free dining! Crowds were low! We had a great time. Holding off on booking.. due to the no need for promo. Here's to it working!!! http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/drinking

That's what I am doing. I know I am going 9/13-9/19. I will only book when FD comes out. No need to fill the rooms so Disney feels they don't have to throw out a promo. If it doesn't come out, I am going anyway.

going in september 2014 too! went in 2012 and got free dining so i'm hoping we can get the same again!

We also went in September 2012 and we have a trip booked for September 2014. Hoping for FD. Won't be a deal breaker though. Would be nice to save some money.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter