September 2014 car rental watch

I just got a minivan on priceline for a bid of $12 per day...9 days with a total of $194!

It was the name your price option. 9/18-9/26.

:faint:

OK, now that I'm back on my feet :banana: :worship: :dance3:

That's AWESOME!

What agency were you able to secure the bid with? :listen:

I just got a minivan on priceline for a bid of $12 per day...9 days with a total of $194!

That's awesome! When I do the bid on Priceline, it charges so much more in fees and taxes. I put in $12 a day for a minivan, and it said my total would have been $240 for 10 days :confused3. That doubles the cost, any tips?

That's a great priceline price. After minivan rates were 500+ for my dates (8/30-9/9) I jumped on a priceline name-your-own that totaled $300 all-in.

I was seeing Costco rates for minivans for a week or so about a month ago at under $200 all-in for mid-to-late September, so that Priceline price doesn't seem too far off. Great rate!

Was it one of the major rental car companies onsite at MCO or one of the cheap offsite agencies?

Scored an intermediate SUV with Alamo for $144 for 7 days + 2 hrs.
One of those times it dropped for a very short time.
I checked it earlier and it was the same price as it has been.
An hour later, I checked again, and it was down.
BTT I booked it and went back in to see what else had dropped, it was right back up.
Crazy how they so randomly change the prices!!!

Sorry I didn't have time to get the word out before it changed.

BTT I booked it and went back in to see what else had dropped, it was right back up.

I have experienced the same thing. We have two full size cars booked for an upcoming trip. Price dropped and I booked one, when I went to book the second the price was back up.

same with me...i shared on this board a few days ago that my car dropped from $140 to $111 for 9 days and it went back up to original price! Crazy!!! :drive:

You just got keep an eye constantly and grab it. Kinda like airline fares!:rolleyes1

Big price drop at Budget right now for our dates Sept 26- Oct 3.
Had a full size booked at $150 incl taxes (which I thought was pretty good) using Costco code and $40 coupon, now $108 taxes incl. also booked a Mustang Convertible for $223 taxes incl. in case the weather is really good (never can tell in Sept/Oct)

I have experienced the same thing. We have two full size cars booked for an upcoming trip. Price dropped and I booked one, when I went to book the second the price was back up.

I had the exact same thing a couple of weeks back. I was able to book one car, but couldn't get the second one before the price shot back up.
Fortunately, I saw another drop that was even better, and jumped on it instead!

Now if I could get our group to decide for certain what type of vehicle we need, I can focus on finding a great price on just one class!!

Big price drop at Budget right now for our dates Sept 26- Oct 3. Had a full size booked at $150 incl taxes (which I thought was pretty good) using Costco code and $40 coupon, now $108 taxes incl. also booked a Mustang Convertible for $223 taxes incl. in case the weather is really good (never can tell in Sept/Oct)

Would you mind sharing the codes? :)

Just a heads up for anyone it may help...

I was just on car rental savers dot com and plugged in my dates (sep10-17) in their last minute rental area.
It returned with a minivan from EZ Rent a car for $181.02 for the week.

Now,mind you, I am not endorsing this rental company. I have no experience with them, so do your research before using them.
It says they are in terminal.

We are traveling 9/27-10/4 picking up a minivan in Orlando and dropping it off in Tampa. I assumed we would pay more for this arrangement but just checked and right now it is actually cheaper than doing the whole rental in Orlando. Strange. Must need to relocate some vehicles.

Does anyone know what is the issue with Alamo website? I can't even check in online with web difficulties!! I really want to check in to bypass the counter!!:furious:

BCD W852875 MUGZ061 These are Costco codes (membership required) and can be used directly on the rental cars website. Costco travel codes are available on the Costco Travel site: http://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars/Budget

Thanks for the info! I'm a Costco member. I have a budget reservation from 9/10-9/22 for an intermediate car with these codes for $205. Hoping they go down just a little bit more. :)

Does anyone know what is the issue with Alamo website? I can't even check in online with web difficulties!! I really want to check in to bypass the counter!!:furious:

The website won't let me check in online either. So I called and the man told me that because I used a coupon code, I have to check in at the counter or the kiosk in the airport. The code is not from costco or BJ's so I think he's just making it up. The website is not working right. I can't even view my reservation.

I asked if I needed to bring in anything to the airport and he said no. I'm running to the kiosk. I hate going to the counter.

The website won't let me check in online either. So I called and the man told me that because I used a coupon code, I have to check in at the counter or the kiosk in the airport. The code is not from costco or BJ's so I think he's just making it up. The website is not working right. I can't even view my reservation. I asked if I needed to bring in anything to the airport and he said no. I'm running to the kiosk. I hate going to the counter.

That's not right because I had a reservation with a coupon code (I believe Costco) and I did online check in a while back. I have since cancelled it because I got a better rate and I had to call to cancel. But online check in was no problem. The website must be acting up. Keep checking. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter