• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2012 code watch!

hey Punn,

Do you know how long of a flight it is? I'm well not thrilled of flying (stating it nicely) but 15+ hrs in the car doesn't seem like much fun either.

thanks

Flight from Latrobe looks to be about 2 hours 15 min. I'm with you, neither my husband or i enjoy flying but we have 4 kids (16, 8, 4, 2) that will be going this trip along with my daughter, her husband and our 1 yr old granddaughter. So for all 9 of us to go together we would have to rent a van and all those kids together for that long in a van, no way lol. We have flown out of pgh before on southwest and really never had a problem (other than our nerves) but prices are crazy now. Going thru Latrobe is saving us about$800.00 so we figured we would give it a try.

Good luck with your planning.

I guess to be prudent & do due diligence I really should do some number crunching. Heck, if I were all that responsible, I would have done it before now. We've got the FD for our trip in September, but I'm not so sure a RO discount wouldn't come out better for us.

Then on the other hand.................:confused3

We will have four adults, two kids under 10. Staying at FTW Cabin for 8 nights. One of the adults may not even go into any of the parks, I just don't know yet. Our MUSTS as far as ADRs go are Mickey's Backyard BBQ and CRT. These are what each of the kids picked and are non-negotiable, so all other meals are fair game.

Yet, I have heard such good things about the food @ WDW - as of right now we also have ADR for Via Napoli, 50's PT, CP, and O'hana just for me & DH to have a date night - the kids & g-parents could either eat @ FTW, order pizza, or something from the kitchen. Oh, and one brekkie for us all @ Kona Cafe which we plan to pay OOP anyway.

I drive myself & my DH crazy because I just keep second (and third and fourth etc) guessing the plans I've made for this trip - even whether it makes sense for us to stay at a WDW resort.

Thanks for reading - any comments / suggestions / etc are welcomed

I guess to be prudent & do due diligence I really should do some number crunching. Heck, if I were all that responsible, I would have done it before now. We've got the FD for our trip in September, but I'm not so sure a RO discount wouldn't come out better for us.

Then on the other hand.................:confused3

We will have four adults, two kids under 10. Staying at FTW Cabin for 8 nights. One of the adults may not even go into any of the parks, I just don't know yet. Our MUSTS as far as ADRs go are Mickey's Backyard BBQ and CRT. These are what each of the kids picked and are non-negotiable, so all other meals are fair game.

Yet, I have heard such good things about the food @ WDW - as of right now we also have ADR for Via Napoli, 50's PT, CP, and O'hana just for me & DH to have a date night - the kids & g-parents could either eat @ FTW, order pizza, or something from the kitchen. Oh, and one brekkie for us all @ Kona Cafe which we plan to pay OOP anyway.

I drive myself & my DH crazy because I just keep second (and third and fourth etc) guessing the plans I've made for this trip - even whether it makes sense for us to stay at a WDW resort.

Thanks for reading - any comments / suggestions / etc are welcomed

Disney math can get a bit :confused3:confused: However, RO discounts are never more than 40% (that I am aware of) and that is usually at a deluxe. Look at how much you are paying for your room rate (with fd it should be rack rate) and I would multiply it times 35%. I would be willing to bet, per night is better to get fd for 4 adults and 2 kids since (and I am just rounding down...and I think quite a bit) 4 adults free on the dp would be over $200 a day plus the kids add another (we will say $30 since I rounded down on the adults) That is $230 a night. (give or take) You room would have to be (if I am doing my math right) $657 per night.

I am one that the dp works for. It doesn't work for everyone. I prefer not to eat in the room. (unless it is a breakfast bar on the way out) I don't like to eat at all cs restaurants (although there are a ton of good ones at WDW) and having things paid up front (even if it is free) makes me not worry about picking anything off the menu. An added bonus for me... if something should turn out to be not to my liking, I don't feel bad about not finishing every last bite. not that I would waste a meal... but in December (for example) we got a cupcake with one of our meals that ended up just being too much...taste wise. Normally I would be racked with guilt if I didn't finish it. I was able to just be glad to have tried it and ultimately not feel so guilty when none of us could eat it.

And.. on the second guessing and making yourself crazy. Isn't that what we all do here on dis?? :rotfl2: I know I do it!

So Dh has gotten 2 PINS in the past month. (Yes, I know annoying as I have gotten none) and both don't beat FD. One was for 20% room for deluxes and Mods :confused: and the second was 17% off packages (no dining) for WP&M at Value resorts. We're currently staying at POR with FD, so I'm totally happy about that, but ugg I would love to upgrade to a deluxe if we got a good PIN (% off saves us more than FD at deluxes).

And just bumping this poor thread up for the month. lol :dance3:

Hoping for Room Only.. Have stayed Poly CL 2 yrs in a row and added tickets and dining.. This yr hoping for Room Only to stay at BC in Sept. We are doing a disney cruise and then a night at WDW so regardless we will go but.. who doesnt want to save money? Using a code for our June trip, thank GOD since summer is so pricey!

So Dh has gotten 2 PINS in the past month. (Yes, I know annoying as I have gotten none) and both don't beat FD. One was for 20% room for deluxes and Mods :confused: and the second was 17% off packages (no dining) for WP&M at Value resorts. We're currently staying at POR with FD, so I'm totally happy about that, but ugg I would love to upgrade to a deluxe if we got a good PIN (% off saves us more than FD at deluxes).

And just bumping this poor thread up for the month. lol :dance3:

From the dates on your ticker... looks like we will be at the same resort at the same time!!!!!

Hoping for Room Only.. Have stayed Poly CL 2 yrs in a row and added tickets and dining.. This yr hoping for Room Only to stay at BC in Sept. We are doing a disney cruise and then a night at WDW so regardless we will go but.. who doesnt want to save money? Using a code for our June trip, thank GOD since summer is so pricey!

totally! we're doing the cruise and then a night at the Contemporary.. I already booked with an AAA discount, but would love something better!!

From the dates on your ticker... looks like we will be at the same resort at the same time!!!!!

Hey Michelle (We're on the FB group together) :wave: We're staying at WL now, but I would still like some sort of discount to perhaps upgrade to CL (as a surprise for DH). :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter