September 2012 code watch!

We Got It!!!!:yay::yay::yay:
Went down this morning to my TA and after a 35min wait on the phone with Disney we were able to add Free Dining to our ressie!!!!:dancer:Doing a Happy Dance:dancer:
Even upgrading it to deluxe we still saved over $800!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:
Just 6 more days until I can make our dining ressies! :dance3:

Just throwing this out there for fellow September travelers: I was able to book Airtran flights to MCO for $110/each way for a total of $880 (including taxes and fees) for my family of four. This is a lot cheaper than anything else I could find so I thought I'd share the info!

Our TA was able to switch our current reservation over to free dining.... no changes POR Sept 9th-15th.... Saved us $281 over the discount that we had before.

All booked at CBR for 9/27-10/2 with the free dining. Going to probably upgrade to the deluxe dining later. Did it online and had no problems at all booking exactly what I wanted. :)

Just throwing this out there for fellow September travelers: I was able to book Airtran flights to MCO for $110/each way for a total of $880 (including taxes and fees) for my family of four. This is a lot cheaper than anything else I could find so I thought I'd share the info!

That's a great price. From Memphis to MCO it's still over $400 per person. :scared1:

That's a great price. From Memphis to MCO it's still over $400 per person. :scared1:

Yikes! I'm flying from Indy and that's further than Memphis! I'm so excited about the price. We would've spent $700 driving (gas, hotels and food) and spent four days (2each way) in the car. For $180 more, we will get there in 2 hours. It's even nonstop flights!

Ours are still running about $270/pp ... checked everywhere (Columbus, Indy, Dayton, and Cincy). Delta, Southwest ... everyone wants about the same. I had budgeted $600 for both of us - looks like it will be right about that. Wondering if I should wait any longer or just go ahead and take the plunge. The return flight is horrible though - like 8:30 a.m. :scared: Not exactly a great leave time after an evening in DTD. :sad2:

We are flying spirit out of Latrobe (PA) airport. Got our tickets for 132.00 a person round trip. If anyone lives close in or around PA you might want to look into this airport. They just started offering non stop flights to Orlando so the prices are very low and parking is free.

Unfortunately Delta has Memphis locked up and controlls the pricing. We're looking at airports both in Nashville and Little Rock, both around 2 - 3 hours away, but usually with a lot better prices.

Our "break even" point is $250 per person, if we don't find it we'll be driving again. Not bad, I don't mind an extra day of alone time on the road with my DH!

Yep, we are a Delta "hub" city too. Oh, I can fly Southwest or United, or Continental ... with layovers for many hours and for more money. We used to fly Airtran, but their price is actually more than Delta and we'd have to drive further to get to the airport. Whaddya do? :sad2:

Anyone planning to take snacks with them since only one snack is included this year? If so, what do you usually take?

Just moved from the August 2012 because we changed our dates to travel during Free Dining! And we got it!:woohoo:we are now booked for late September. Let the redo of my ADR's begin.:surfweb:

We booked in for free dining as well. Our dates are from August 25th to Sept. 19th. ADR's here we come!:banana:

We are flying spirit out of Latrobe (PA) airport. Got our tickets for 132.00 a person round trip. If anyone lives close in or around PA you might want to look into this airport. They just started offering non stop flights to Orlando so the prices are very low and parking is free.

Punn we live in the mon valley an I have been trying to decide between southwest and latrobe, what days did you book for the $132 and does that include all the fees spirit puts on? Thanks in advance

Punn we live in the mon valley an I have been trying to decide between southwest and latrobe, what days did you book for the $132 and does that include all the fees spirit puts on? Thanks in advance

We fly out Sept 13 and back on the 21. I had some questions so i called the airport and spoke with a really nice guy. He gave me a rate 20.00 cheaper each way than what is listed online. He also gave us the gaurenteed seats for nothing extra. There are 8 of us and a lap child so i am joining the $9 fare club. It costs 60.00 for the year but then each person traveling with you gets 10.00 off the cost of luggage each way. There also is no charge to park at the Arnold Palmer airport.

Thanks Punn...I am going to try calling them directy...just so I am clear you actually called someone at arnold palmer?

Thanks Punn...I am going to try calling them directy...just so I am clear you actually called someone at arnold palmer?

Yes i tried the 800 number first but I had a very hard time understanding whomever i spoke with so i called them directly and got the information. After speaking with my husband that evening i actually went to the airport (its literally 5 min from my home) and booked my flight (I wanted to make sure i understood everything i was told). They were extremely nice and helpful. Good luck i hope you are able to find a decent price for airfare.

hey Punn,

Do you know how long of a flight it is? I'm well not thrilled of flying (stating it nicely) but 15+ hrs in the car doesn't seem like much fun either.

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter