• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept / Oct 2011

Hey
Weather was 100% humidity (or felt like it)
We hung a round the resort and pool till around lunch, then hit the parks in the Arvo /night always picking EMH parks......
Got a great tan, husband was happy by the pool and we did the rides we wanted to at night......better than having DH melt down in the middle of it's a small world:rotfl:
We love traveling this time of year, less crowds, Halloween, and great off season prices( free dining for those of you staying onsite).

We do love this thread......

Wow so high humidity I hope we will be ok, we are pretty used to a hot and humid weather here in Brissie.
But I think we will probably be doing that, spending the morning at the hotel in the pool and then head over to the parks in the afternoon to enjoy a bit cooler weather hehe.
I cannot wait to go to the Mickey's Not so scary Halloween party! We went to the Christmas one last year and we loved it! and free dining is awesome!

Thank you very much :)

hey
dont stress re the humidity....I hate the heat and survived & keep going back :confused3...just have lots of fluids, wear a hat and sensible sandshoes..thongs will just melt to the concrete....

I grew up in northern Queensland, but this heat is something completely different....I'd hate to be there in June/July....

thank God for the air con & awesome pools......

Number one thing re WDW is realise you wont see everything, so dont push yourself ..as the DH's have a melt down around day 3 if you do..we always make a list of things we enjoyed/didn't, and things we want to do next trip...helps my OCD in planning the next trip.

And use tripit......you email every resi straight to it and it plans it out for you...I love it. Worked a dream in Hawaii this Feb.

Sorry if I'm covering things you already know...........

We did late sept and it was humid hot. As auskaren points out just stick to the split days and a/c. It took us a good 3 days though to acclimatize as we are from Melbourne where on good Friday it was 30oC and today 14oC!!

I forgot to mention that the following week ( after being up in NYC) we went back to Orlando and whilst still warm the humidity had dropped and we had z3 really pleasent days with low humidity:cool2:

how crazy is this weather :confused3.......I'm freezing today,even have beanie on, but 2 days ago it was tanning weather...

I just cant keep up......

ok, just had to vent..

hey...
just got my electricity bill....:eek: does anyone know where I could sell a kidney?? (DH's not mine)...

good God, is it me or has it got really expensive living in Sydney lately???

Well thats one thing I can boast - my electricity bill was $187.00 credit - yep, they owe me!!!! :thumbsup2

I thought we didnt get any sun this summer but must have got enough at some stage on our solar panels - love that NSW government solar bonus rort!!!

The fact that we only used our air con a couple of days this summer also helped. :cool1:

(finally my turn to get some money from the govt!!! - and we're not really in front because we spent 12k putting panels up :rolleyes1)

we too were looking at the solar panels, as well as the pink batt thing and the water tank fiasco..but we never seemed to get around to it.

I think my bill has freaked me as the DS and his 3 kids have moved in :crowded:(DGK are here 3 nights a week)....so its a tad more than when just DH and I are home.
At least we have gas hot water, they tend to have 2 baths a day...

BTW loving these new smilie thingies, the upgrade looks good :moped::clown:pixiedust:

and, this is my 800th post.....God, I need a life

Congrats on your 800th post Karen! I have no idea how I have got more posts than you because it feels like you have been on here heaps longer than I have and also that you post more often :lmao:
yeah thanks for that
:scared1:

I really do need to get a life:upsidedow

I'm also always happy to see this thread as it's by far my favourite too :thumbsup2 However, since you have another WDW trip in the works Karen, why does this one remain your favourite?

I think because it has some mind blowing amount of views....37,126 at last count

also i like to look back and see how far we have come, and if we did stick to all those plans

and the amount of views :worship:

arrgh....I'm a pirate pirate:

Oh Pirate Karen, I just noticed your Freedom ticker and I realise I have friend's that are on the same cruise. They are a family with 3 kids who have booked the cruise based on our great experience on her and it's their first cruise ever! I've told them that, once they have cruised on her, she will be very hard to beat. It's the Eastern Caribbean right? I'm very envious...... :rolleyes1

Oh Pirate Karen, I just noticed your Freedom ticker and I realise I have friend's that are on the same cruise. They are a family with 3 kids who have booked the cruise based on our great experience on her and it's their first cruise ever! I've told them that, once they have cruised on her, she will be very hard to beat. It's the Eastern Caribbean right? I'm very envious...... :rolleyes1

hey, they will love it
we have done disney magic (balcony) , disney wonder (1bedroom concierge) and the freedom (junior suite).......

the freedom wins hands down:woohoo: that's why we are going back.Bigger ship, more adult oriented (ok, more places to hide from kids) etc...

Warn her, once you cruise, you cant stop. We have already booked our celebrity Queensland cruise for mar 2013....so that would be 5 cruises in 4 years..:beach:

and also tell her, that if they enjoyed FOS, and want to do another RCCL, then book onboard for better deal (bounce back deal)..we will be looking at voyager of the seas, which will be coming out to our neck of the woods next year..or if you wanted to book it with them using their discount..just an idea

Yes true and I looked at Voyager for us as soon as I knew she was coming down but my gosh, the cost is so much more for us (we need two cabins) than our Western Caribbean was on FOS that I just couldn't justify it considering we'd still be sailing around the Pacific, N.Z. or Oz - places we'd been before. I too love cruising but I figured that, if I'm going to have to spend that much $$$ on another cruise for us, it should be in a new destination to us. Of course, if the price had have been good, we could have been going round N.Z. for all I'd care because I'd probably never feel the need to even get off the ship!!

Are you cruising on Solstice? If so, she looks loooovely .......

I'm now on cruise critic checking out Solstice....paid our deposit yesterday:woohoo:Got aft cabin....:wave2:
11 days up and down the QLD coast.....I dont care about port days, i stay on board and eat my own body weight @ the buffet:yay:
Looks an amazing ship, but full of oldies i think, as price point a tad more than RCCL or P&O.....at least I can beat them running for the deck chairs pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter