• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept / Oct 2011

kylieh

DIS Veteran
Just having a look at our signatures - seems quite a few of us are planning or really hoping for a trip this time next year. Here's a list I've collated from this thread.

TapDancer 5 - 15 September Beach Club
QuirkyButterfly - 07 - 16 Sept POR and 16 - 19 Sept AKV-Kidani
Austraveler - 10 - 16 September Beach Club
Battymum 17 Sept? POP
Franrose: 16 - 21 Sept Disneyland Hotel; 21 - 27 POFQ, 27 - 1 Oct NY
BondGirl - 16-29 Coco Key Resort, and ASM 29 Sept - 12 Oct.
Oz-kateer - 21 Sept POFQ
Busy Busy: 21 Sept - 3 Oct Wilderness Lodge (+NYC, Bahamas & Vegas)
Marvel - disneyland Sept 23-27
Kylie H (me!!) 23 Sept - 1 Oct POFQ
Travel Mum - 29 Sep - 8 Oct 2011 POR
HelloSue - 29 Sept - POR
Shush -
MouseFanDownunder - POFQ
WAMumof4 -
HappyFingers -
Jade+3
mareeld86 - 22 October
MacNZ - 2-14 Oct staying at POP and then 3 nights at Kidani
AussieMumm - 4 - 10 Oct ASM
Marvel - WDW Oct 14-21

We are planning to leave N.Z on 29 September next year and fly to Orlando. We have 9 nights booked at POR with free dining and then we move offsite (not sure where yet) for 6 nights with a rental car. During this time we will do the Universal parks, Sea World and shopping. Then we drive to Cape Canaveral where we will visit the Kennedy Space Centre and spend 1 night before boarding Freedom of the Sea's for our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. We fly home after that. We've booked POR and the cruise but can't quite do the flights - nearly at booking time for them though :cool1:

We're off again, and if the dollar keeps this up I'll pay for it soon as well (just sitting on deposits at the moment). Can't believe it - almost 96c!

We are going next September. Just to DL this trip as DH has refused to do any internal flights until our kids are older (they will be 6, 5 and 2).

The plan is a few days in LA then a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise (with Carnival). We then have 2 weeks for our road trip which will include San Diego, Las Vegas, Death Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara. We will finish off with a week in Anaheim.

I booked our Yosemite accommodation today as we wanted to stay at Yosemite Lodge and it is recommended booking a year in advance to secure a room.

I am hoping for Nov 2011 to Disney world with my kids who will be 8 and 5 on their first trip ever overseas!

We are planning 3 weeks in September 2011 - 7 days Disney (off site) 7 Days Eastern Carribean cruise, and 5 nights Hard Rock Hotel. Have booked cruise with refundable deposit, so would say everything is still tentative, Waiting to see if we can get reasonable flights from Sydney. :confused3

This time next year we will be fininshing our week at DL and preparing for our Mexican Riveria Cruise on DCL. This will be our second trip to DL and our Second DCL cruise. I love the family feeling taht Disney creates and I have to say it is a place I truly let my hair down and have a great time with my girls. Disney really does make you forget about the outside world.

Becky:cheer2:

This time next year we will be fininshing our week at DL and preparing for our Mexican Riveria Cruise on DCL. This will be our second trip to DL and our Second DCL cruise. I love the family feeling taht Disney creates and I have to say it is a place I truly let my hair down and have a great time with my girls. Disney really does make you forget about the outside world.

This time next year, we will be 3 hours into our flight from Auckland to L.A. on our way to Orlando and WDW :banana:

This time next year will be one of the last days of our month away. We will be at DL, and probably exhausted!

This time last year we were a couple of weeks away from leaving for WDW.

We are looking at going back to DL next Nov/Dec *fingers crossed* We may wait until our youngest DD is tall enough for Screamin though, because she checks her height almost every day on the chart we got on our last visit.

I cannot wait, although I keep teasing the rest of my family that my AP still has around a month left on

My ticker is totally wrong (still last years dates), will have to get around to changing it soon.

November and December 2011 for us. Heading to Europe for 4 weeks then back to NYC and Disneyland for Christmas.

Just over 12 months to go.

It is the mid life crisis trip:rotfl:

It is giving DH a :headache:

4 weeks in the good old USA for me, in August/September 2011.

4 nights Vegas / 7 nights New York / 5 nights off-site Orlando / 10 nights at POFQ.

POFQ is already booked and paid for in full. Got the free dining package.

New York - accommodation is booked, but not paid for yet.

Still working on the other two...looks like it will be MGM in Vegas - but waiting to see if I can get a deal...and tossing up where to stay on I-Drive - want to be near US/IOA but also the SHOPS!!!

There are 3 of us going - I was telling my folks about my trip and they asked if they could come! so why not??

Already have two airfares booked (used the FF points) - now just need to pay for one - hoping for a $1K return on Qantas!

Happy Planning everyone!!!

Already have two airfares booked (used the FF points) - now just need to pay for one - hoping for a $1K return on Qantas!

Oh you are so lucky to have your flights done because I'm still waiting for them to come online for our trip and I need to book two FF tickets too. Our outbound flight will be available for bookings in a couple of days but the return (23 October) won't be for ages so I'll have to wait until November before I can make the booking. Also, American Airlines comes online about a month later than Qantas so how have you done your internal FF legs so early? I just can't be sure we are going until I know whether we get the FF tickets and so waiting is so frustrating!

I am waiting for airfares too. This will be our first time travelling in school holidays so I am not sure how cheap a fare we will be able to get.

I am waiting for airfares too. This will be our first time travelling in school holidays so I am not sure how cheap a fare we will be able to get.

I know, it will also be our first time travelling in the school holidays due to having a child in high school as of next year. We are taking her out a week before the holidays and coming back a few days after them but I still have doubt that there will be specials over that time (I do still hope though!). However, in reality, with the Rugby World Cup on in N.Z. at the same time, I'm probably pushing my luck so will just try and be grateful as long as QF releases FF seats over that time because two of us must be on FF to fit in our budget :scared1:

I have friends that went last year and got really cheap deals in the school holidays. We are planning on leaving early September, so I should get a reasonable price for the forward leg.

We're waiting to discover if Dear Niece who will be 7.5 is coming with us. - she's coming up to the Gold Coast with use for a week in January. If DD8 and her don't fight too much ;) or she doesn't get too home sick then we'll make the offer. If she comes we're heading to DL. Only a quick week, perhaps 8 days away, hoping to rent some GCV points. If she isn't coming we're heading perhaps to NY then to DW. Or perhaps DW only. Too hard. Too many decisions to make. But I'm guessing that we'll need to make a decision not too much longer after our January holiday for the 6 month PS bookings at DW.

We are talking about a 2011 trip - DL again as DH and I just don't love WDW enough to justify the expense/extra time and distance to get there.(too spread out, too humid, hate Epcot)
DL has everything we want really - although the Harry Potter attraction at Universal does make Florida a bit more tempting as DS10 and I are big fans.... maybe for the trip after next when DS8 will have read the books!

Time-wise we are tossing up between Spring (April/May) when we visited DL last, which is great for temperature and crowds, and Halloween, which the kids are VERY keen to experience at DL - tormenting ourselves reading reports of Mickey's TOT Party....

And then there's the opening of the Little Mermaid ride to factor into it...

Oh, and we are not rugby fans so if anyone knows a nice LA family who would like to house swap in September/October and come to Christchurch for The Rugby World Cup, we are open to offers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter