Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the 2007 cruise dates come out before our cruise as I'm sure if we enjoy it we'll be up for another cruise, however 2006 may beou out of the question with a trip to Jamaica and some other plans we already have in mind.

Ok more questions for the cruise experts:

After leaving the ship if you have headed back to WDW approximately what time did you arrive? Assume driving your car/a rental not taking disney transport.

How is the security at the port parking? We are considering leaving some clothes in the trunk of the car rather than carting all clothes on the ship. Good/bad idea? Anyone done this in the past?

If we bring wine onboard and don't want to necessarily have it at dinner are there wine openers available or should we pack one?

Are you really bringing a shoe holder for the back of the door (I've read many tips that include this) for a 4 day cruise?

Thanks!
Julie

chipscinderelly said:
How is the security at the port parking? We are considering leaving some clothes in the trunk of the car rather than carting all clothes on the ship. Good/bad idea? Anyone done this in the past?

We left some clothes that we had worn to Disney the day before the cruise in the car and nothing happened. We also made sure that the car was very clean, bucause I've heard of ant infestations because there were crumbs left in the car for days.

chipscinderelly said:
Are you really bringing a shoe holder for the back of the door (I've read many tips that include this) for a 4 day cruise?

We are bringing a shoe holder, but we have 2 young kids, so this will help with all of their stuff too. And, it's not necessarily for bathroom stuff. You can put film, sunglasses, etc in the pockets.

Julie's question about when we would arrive at WDW made me think. How many of us are going to WDW after the cruise?

We are staying Thursday & Friday night at Boardwalk. I'm not sure about what parks we'll be doing, but we'll be having fun.

alikat99 said:
How many of us are going to WDW after the cruise?

We're staying at AKL after the cruise until Sunday night. We figured that since ds will already miss most of the school week, we might as well spend some time at the parks. :banana: :banana:

alikat99 said:
How many of us are going to WDW after the cruise?

We're also staying until Sunday. We have a 1 bedroom book at SSR.

HookdonWDW said:
We figured that since ds will already miss most of the school week, we might as well spend some time at the parks. :banana: :banana:

Us too. :banana:

If they keep changing our return flight to be any later, Cameron will miss Monday too. We originally were to be home later in the afternoon. Now it's something like an 8:30 arrival at O'Hare.

Oh well, just gives us more park time. :teeth: :earboy2:

I can't believe I missed out on the DVC disc. at the outlet. Uggghhh. We don't take it at TDS anymore so it didn't even occur to me to ask and it's ALWAYS in my wallet!!! How much of a savings did I miss out on?

My DBF and I will be staying Thurs. & Fri. at Royal Pacific Resort (concierge level) we wanted FOTL access and figured staying there was better than buying the add-on since Shrek is not included in it. Anyway...

I love the shoe holder idea...what kind are u referring to and what door do you hang it on (is that a dumb question?) I have a MAJOR shoe prob. (similiar to my disney mp3 prob. :earsgirl: ) and I'm sure it would be appreciated if my shoes weren't allllllll over the canbin :rolleyes:

cgcw said:
If they keep changing our return flight to be any later, Cameron will miss Monday too. We originally were to be home later in the afternoon. Now it's something like an 8:30 arrival at O'Hare.

Oh well, just gives us more park time. :teeth: :earboy2:

Looks like you might be there later than us... our return flight is at around 5 - 5:30, but because of the time change, we'll be home around 6:30 - 7:00. ROFL... since Sam is starting a new school, he WILL be in school that Monday...even if we don't get home until 3:00 AM ;) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bompy213 said:
My DBF and I will be staying Thurs. & Fri. at Royal Pacific Resort (concierge level) we wanted FOTL access and figured staying there was better than buying the add-on since Shrek is not included in it.

You've gotta love FOTL access! We always stay on site for a couple of days if we're doing US/IOA. I guess we've just gotten spoiled. :blush:

chipscinderelly said:

I hope it's okay. I was planning on packing a bit different for the cruise than for our days at WDW.

Now that I'm thinking of it, what is proper attire for dining? I'm thinking specifically for the kids -- are khaki's and a polo type shirt okay? They are definately more jeans & tshirt kind of kids so I don't want to take them out of their element too much. I just think I might be able to get away doing something like that.

I'm hitting the mall tonight so see what I can find for myself. A good excuse to shop. :teeth:

Bompy213 said:
I love the shoe holder idea...what kind are u referring to and what door do you hang it on (is that a dumb question?) I have a MAJOR shoe prob. (similiar to my disney mp3 prob. :earsgirl: ) and I'm sure it would be appreciated if my shoes weren't allllllll over the canbin :rolleyes:

We just used a cheap one from Walmart or Target. We looked for one that had the clear plastic pockets. I think that it was around $5. It held all kinds of things.

cgcw said:
Now that I'm thinking of it, what is proper attire for dining? I'm thinking specifically for the kids -- are khaki's and a polo type shirt okay? They are definately more jeans & tshirt kind of kids so I don't want to take them out of their element too much. I just think I might be able to get away doing something like that.

I think that khakis & polos are just fine. That's what DH will be wearing. For the girls, they will be wearing sundresses and I'll probably wear a nice pants outfit.

cgcw said:

Cindy,

That sounds like what I plan to have Sam wear. I might throw in a button down shirt. I guess I'm a little luckier, because Sam has always worn uniforms to school... polos and khakis are no big deal to him!!! I think khaki's and polos are appropriate and dressy enough for the ship.

We have passports.
We plan on booking another cruise onboard also. Not for sure when ?
Alikat99- We are staying on the ship for the 3 day after the member cruise.
Cindy- My boys will be wearing polos shirts and dockers.
I may not get back to this thread for a while. We are going on a 9 night cruise this friday. The boys wanted to try Voyager Of the Seas - Royal Caribbean.
Hope everyone down south is safe and sound.
Bye for now. Chris :wave:

sanddune said:
Alikat99- We are staying on the ship for the 3 day after the member cruise.

We thought about doing that, but decided against it. I don't remember why.

In no particular order:

Chris - have a great time on the cruise. Think of the May 27 2006 cruise. 2 stops at CC and lots of fun DISers.

Speaking of the May cruise - Cheryl - YEAH!!!!

There are only two of us and we still bring the shoe holder. We have the one with the clear pockets. We hang it on the bathroom door with the shower. Holds suntan lotion, hair stuff, etc. etc. etc.

After the cruise we are staying in a Boardwalk studio for Thursday and Friday. Starting the drive home Saturday morning.

Thank that covers everything.

Glad to know my boys won't be the only ones in Docker's & Polo shirts.

Gee, I hope we're able to tell them apart. Maybe NOT after a couple of those conch coolers Lisa and I are going to try. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My apoligies in advance. If you see wierd spelling etc in posts in the 5:30 - 6 or 6:30 range. You see my smart DH set up a computer with monitor and keyboard on the treadmill. Now I can walk and Dis at the same time!

:cool1:

Oh yeah - dockers and polo's. Perfect for the cruise for boys of all ages. Even DH!

WDWLVR said:
My apoligies in advance. If you see wierd spelling etc in posts in the 5:30 - 6 or 6:30 range. You see my smart DH set up a computer with monitor and keyboard on the treadmill. Now I can walk and Dis at the same time!

:cool1:

If that works, maybe Mark can come over and set one up for me. Of course, I'd have to buy a treadmill first. I don't think they allow that on the ones at Lifetime Fitness. :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter