Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify. We do not need a passport for this trip right? I mean we're not even leaving the US are we? or is CC considered outside the US? Sorry all this conversation about real passports is melting some neurons.

toddp3 said:
Just to clarify. We do not need a passport for this trip right? I mean we're not even leaving the US are we? or is CC considered outside the US? Sorry all this conversation about real passports is melting some neurons.

Todd - you can relax. You DO NOT need a passport for this cruise. The passport law (if it becomes one) will go into effect 12/31/05.

For the record we are leaving the US. Castaway Cay is part of the Bahamas.

One of the families from dd's soccer team is going camping at Silver Lake this week also. She said it was a big group of family and friends going. They are going for 2 weeks. Is this by chance the same group that you're camping with?

Gail, we are only going until Sat. I can't believe all the people that are going at the same time. We just found out that a few other friends are going and booked the same campgound at the same time. It's a small world.

grumpy-1 said:
Thank you WDWLVR. I know it will be put to good use. As you can see Stitch 1 (My son-in-law and daughter) are already looking to borrow it.

I just got back from the post office and the Passporter is on it's way to your house. Enjoy!

I see that Scott has not posted here recently, and I just spent several hours catching up since Friday!
To cgcw, some more on snorkeling that I did not see mentioned in previous posts, the snorkeling area at Castaway Cay is in a bay and very calm, it is not out in the ocean. The snorkeling vests are required, we had been taking our own, but lately, we have been told we had to wear the Disney ones (they are yellow and ours are black). You have the option of inflating the snorkeling vests if you want them to keep you floating. The area does get stirred up with use, so you will have better visibility earlier in the day. Yes, the water is cold, we always take neopreme wet suits with us, it makes snorkeling much more enjoyable.
We always travel with passports, and the paperwork goes smoothly, I don't know how much more problems there would be traveling on drivers license and birth certificate.
We also enjoy the passporter's, we are incorrigible planners, and will get new travel guides even for places we have been to numerous times.
Lynn

Lynn - thanks for posting. I was just thinking that Scott hadn't posted in a while and then I saw your post!

I know you guys have been busy, busy, busy since getting back from the repo cruise.

Looking forward to sailing with you in 8 weeks.

Scott H said:
To cgcw, some more on snorkeling that I did not see mentioned in previous posts, the snorkeling area at Castaway Cay is in a bay and very calm, it is not out in the ocean. The snorkeling vests are required, we had been taking our own, but lately, we have been told we had to wear the Disney ones (they are yellow and ours are black). You have the option of inflating the snorkeling vests if you want them to keep you floating. The area does get stirred up with use, so you will have better visibility earlier in the day. Yes, the water is cold, we always take neopreme wet suits with us, it makes snorkeling much more enjoyable.

Thanks for the additional info, Lynn.

If the water always cold? With it being September, I would have thought the water would be like bath water. No?

DH and I got passports for the first time two years ago for a trip to Scotland and Ireland.

I purchased a Passporter in 2004 from Borders Bookstore. Also purchased the Birnbaum book on DCL. While that had nice color photos, it was not nearly as detailed as Dave and Jennifer's Passporter. It is well worth the $. Although lots of the info in either book will not pertain to us since the SS Member Cruise is a "special" cruise and may not necessarily follow all the stuff in the books regarding 4-day cruises. Still the info about the ships, restaurants, spa, etc. will still be pertinent.

goofy4dvc said:
Although lots of the info in either book will not pertain to us since the SS Member Cruise is a "special" cruise and may not necessarily follow all the stuff in the books regarding 4-day cruises.

I call that incentive to book another cruise. ;)

cgcw said:
I call that incentive to book another cruise. ;)

We're thinking that if they offer a good incentive like they did on the last Member Cruise, we may book again on board. Anyone else looking to book another cruise on board?

Our plan is to definitely book a new cruise. We're planning on booking the Castaway Cay double-dip cruise to Costa Maya in October 2006. I'm sure hoping that there's a great incentive to cruise again, but we'll see.

We're hoping they announce the 2007 cruises before we sail. Then we might be interested in booking onboard. We already have our 2006 cruise booked (did that onboard in 2004).

HookdonWDW said:
We're thinking that if they offer a good incentive like they did on the last Member Cruise, we may book again on board. Anyone else looking to book another cruise on board?

Most likely. :teeth: I have no doubt we are going to have a fantastic time and want to cruise again.

But.......I'm thinking we are getting to the point where it's going to be harder to take Cameron out for a vacation. With 5th grade this year, I'm sure we are going to start being limited. I've never had a problem taking him out during the school year. I just know the older they get the harder it is to catch up.

Are all cruises offered with incentives or only certain cruises?

I think that anyone that books onboard gets a $200 onboard credit for that booked cruise and 10% off the going rate. But, I believe that at the last member cruise, they offered a better incentive.

Bompy - I was just at the Disney Catalog Outlet the other day - it was a great sale - I got quite a few things and it didn't even come to $20 but I did get to use my DVC Member card for a discount. And that was topping for me to go shopping more. I just left Rehoboth yesterday and will have to check it out when they redo the store - funny - nothing was mentioned about that. Shopping in Delaware with no tax and outlets is a great shopping experience!

Will check in again when I can -

Well if they offer a good deal I might Join the double scoop group if I can. Since its close to my anniversary.

Cheryl

We probably won't book another cruise while on board. :sad2: Somehow we ended up with 3 cruises for this year and in 2007 we're looking into a 15 night Hawaii cruise (which unfortunately Disney doesn't do) - so it looks like we will have to go easy on the vacations for 2006. Then again if the incentives are really good.............maybe we should book something for 2006 :goodvibes

Cindy in September the water should be really nice. We cruised in September 2003 and it was very hot and humid - any water was refreshing. The last Member Cruise was the first week in February. The temps were nice, but the water was a bit chilly.

Who are you trying to fool about no cruises in 2006 :rotfl: I will let you know what we book while on the repo cruise and then you and John can book while on the members cruise. Of course now I am scared to book anything until I hear what they will be doing as far as DVC member activities next year. Sure wouldn't want to miss another member's cruise.

Carol

PS Welcome Home!!

cherylp3 said:
Well if they offer a good deal I might Join the double scoop group if I can. Since its close to my anniversary.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Which one are you looking at - the May one or October (or another month)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter