Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Just thought I would start this thread here, so as not to take up the DVC board with cruise talk!

We can see who is "planning" on making reservations 10/23 and then after we are official, we'll have a good 11 months to chat it up! WOOHOO!

Mark is going to be wonderful and have a webpage up for us to keep track of meets and such. If you would like to add the SS Memeber Cruise life preserver to your signature, he gave me this to share for all who want to add it to their sig. Just copy and paste into your sig. profile

[IMG]http://monorailgreen.info/DIS/SS2005.gif[/IMG]

Mark has this years Webpage going. You can check it out here! He really is doing a great job. Thanks Mark!

Click here for the 2005 S.S. Member Cruise webpage!

Also, if you want to see what Mark did with the last Member Cruise, go here:

http://monorailgreen.info/member/Intro.htm
This is the info from the last cruise.

We are going if they answer the phone on the 23rd! Hope everyone gets what they want! Good Luck!! :wave:

I just hate to post here knowing we don't have a res yet. But what the heck it could be good mouse karma.

Mark, had a chance to look at your site about the last Member Cruise, looks great.

Back to lifting weights to get the dialing finger in shape, and one 800 ..... two 1- 800... three 1-800....

Mark the 2 meets planned so far are Radisson the night before and On the actual cruise itself right??

Thanks Cheryl

Hi all - thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I'm Mary and MarkRG is my DH.

Marie - thanks for starting this thread. The cruise meets board is a great place to get to know each other! The other thread we post on is for the 10 day cruise and we are over 11000 posts!

Cheryl - yes the initial plan is for 2 meets - one the night before and one the day of sailing. We thought it better to do one at 3pm since sail away gets so loud and crazy. We did a 3pm meet on our last 7 day cruise and it worked great. Many still got together for sailaway but at 3pm it is much easier to meet everyone and be able to hear introductions :D

Here's hoping we all get the cabins we are looking for on the 23rd!

I'm planning to be there too!!! Sure hope I can get thru on the 23rd - ready, set .......

LOL Scott - you'll have a great time if you go - remember I couldn't stop bragging on it!

Can't wait to see everyone with all the big smiles again cuz this is going to be so much fun!:sunny: :) :wave:

Points for a Navigator Verandah Cabin - 300

Sailaway Drink - $4.75

Cruising with 2000 DVC Neighbors and some dear DIS friends - PRICELESS!

Mary,
To be very honest it was your telling us about the cruise that has us very excited about this one. Will have to go to a member update with you guys as you seem to have pretty good luck at the drawings.

We were thinking about a Cat 7 but I bet they will go very quickly and might just opt for a Cat 5 as 1st request.

Sounds like the Raddison will be the choice for the night before. I am almost sure we will hit WDW for a couple of days after. Oh the choices of where to stay then.

I hope the incentives are not great to do an add on as we really don’t need anymore, gee I have said that before.

Should introduce myself incase anyone don't know. I'm Mark, husband to Mary(wdwlvr).

Well, thanks! We've tried our best to really give the whole picture on these events. :) Am still working up webpages for MH.

We are definitely thinking cat 7 first, then the other choices are up and down from there. Remember they say to have three immediately at hand.

The Radisson is still the best choice for the night before cruise. No it's not beachfront, but has an excellent pool and it'll hopefully be warm enough this trip to enjoy it. But even if you're not staying there, you can drop by for the meet we'll have poolside.

And remember, tonight, 9pm eastern, Cruise Chat!

Click here to join DIS Chat!

Then Sunday, 9pm eastern, DVC Chat!

Looking at the old Navigators from the 2003 cruise is getting me beyond excited! It is bringing back that feeling you can only get aboard a DCL.....

I just HOPE I can get through on the 23rd.

I wish everyone good luck!

Now, I may have been confused above, Scott, you're taking to the Mary I'm not married to, arn't you? :laughing: :rotfl: Oh good lord I am going to be so confused before long here... It's much easier when we're all in person, soon enough!

Yep the Mary from MI, not IL. We met them at a DIS meet last DEC, and attended a member update with them.

Just checked, the dates to make flight arrangements are out of date and will have to wait 5 more days top do that. How's that for confidence we will get on board.

Mark I thought I saw somewhere that you guys were from, Morton Grove. I grew up in Franklin Park, seem to remember playing Morton Grove in football. Well it was a while back when we had leather helmets.:p .

I just got the official invitation in today's mail....it recommends have at least 2 catagories picked out! ACK! We are a family of 5...we can really only do a cat. 4, I don't want to use adult points for two of my kids to get another room just for 1 extra person. I guess we will have to chance getting a Cat 4 on the first try.:earseek:

Scott - Yep, we're from Morton Grove.

Marie - I'd have three choices already planned out before you call. If the last one is any indicator, the ship will be all but sold out in one day.

I think I have a better chance of getting ONE cat.4 room than TWO cat. 9 or 11 rooms, wouldn't you say?

If cat 4 goes first, then all the lower catagories will go even faster, because that means all the families of five like myself will be booking two staterooms each.

So, as it stands now, I am going to try to book ONE cat 4 deluxe family stateroom. If I cannot get that, then we go to TWO cat. 9 deluxe stateroom, if that is a no, then my finally option wil be TWO cat 11 inside staterooms ( REALLY don't want an inside stateroom)

Wish me luck on my first choice...we will only have to come up with $812 cash for the Cat 4...if we have to go with the cat 9...we will need $834 cash. Not much of a difference and we will have TWO rooms for space..but I want a VERANDAH! ( I am not too spoiled am I?) LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter