• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Secret Horrors of the MK

dwbakerjr

Mouseketeer
A recent thread ("Dont laugh, but..." having served its purpose and now dying away) exposed one of the most dreaded fear-inspiring rides in all of WDW. Or course I refer to IASW, with the evil dolls, stultifying music, and secret doors (into which abductions occur). It lead to exposure of other frightening rides like Jungle Cruise and the Tiki Bird show. Please, if anyone would like to initiate discussions of other (shudder) points to approach with great caution, please speak up, and lets let the world know about all these fright filled areas.

I'll be over here waiting at the Alien Encounter with my kids.

thanks, all...

D.

You did not list this attraction but I had a horrifying experience on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. The Little Green Men (or LGM's) acually tried to abduct me..... Bad things happen there, bad, bad things......

Great point Distriv.. did you ever notice that the people who worked at the old Delta Dream Flight (preceeding the Buzz ride), have never been seen again....?

hmmmmm...

You may have seen that talking trash can in Tomorrowland -- There's really someone trapped inside and fed mindless drivel and junk food to keep them sedated from escaping!:eek:

While you're in Tomorrowland,watch out for the Wedway PeopleMover, aka TTA. I've heard horror stories about people who got on and could never get off because the doors didn't open automatically...

Originally posted by Mickey_Maniac
While you're in Tomorrowland,watch out for the Wedway PeopleMover, aka TTA. I've heard horror stories about people who got on and could never get off because the doors didn't open automatically...

I only WISH that would happen to me!

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
You may have seen that talking trash can in Tomorrowland -- There's really someone trapped inside

You may joke, but my kids still wonder if there really IS someone in there (I'll never tell ;) )

who live behind Thunder Mountain along the train tracks?

I think the worst thing is for abandoned children. I've heard that when lost kids aren't claimed at the 'lost parent's' booth, they're taken to it's a small world, have their feet stapled to the floor, and forced to sing that song all day long. When they finally get too old for that attraction, they're tarred and feathered and stuff in Splash Mountain. The final destination of all Disney orphans is the dish washing room. Once they reach 18 they have their minds wiped and are sent out into the world as travel agents to preach the glory of Disney.

I was wondering what happened to my kids.

tired to abduct you on BUzz Lightyear...just tried to abduct you....thank you lucky stars...or Zs. There I was having the best ride of my life.... well on my way to the highest score ever achieved! The ride had broken down right in front of a high scoring Z and all I had to do was sit the with the button pressed on my trusty lazar when.....ugh...they came....they took....they abducted......it was horrible. When I got back the ride had started and thy returned me to THE WRONG VEHICLE! Horrible...just horrible.....

Tired to abduct you on BUzz Lightyear...just tried to abduct you....thank your lucky stars...or Zs. There I was having the best ride of my life.... well on my way to the highest score ever achieved! The ride had broken down right in front of a high scoring Z and all I had to do was sit the with the button pressed on my trusty lazar when.....ugh...they came....they took....they abducted......it was horrible. When I got back the ride had started and thy returned me to THE WRONG VEHICLE! Horrible...just horrible.....

STAY AWAY FROM STATUES!!!!!! I have seen them come to life and tease feable minded tourists.

BEWARE OF TREES AND SHRUBS!!!!!! I was nearly devoured by a tall shrub that was actually WALKING around AK.... as I was barely escaping with my life I noticed a poor woman who wasn't so lucky... all I could see of her was her face and it had turned green as she was morphed into the shrub herself!!!!!

I saw someone get dragged kicking and screaming into the utilidor system. Of course, once she was in nobody ever heard from her again. Who knows what other horrors happen down there.

And for CMs that don't provide proper guest satisfaction - well they tie them to the monorail track but never get rescued.

I've heard that there is a "special track" in Space Mountain where certain rockets are diverted and never seen again (well, with riders anyway). I swear that once we came back and the rocket in front of ours was different than the one that started in front of us.

We got off Space Mountain once, and I heard someone getting out of another 'ship' and say..."Wasn't there a kid with spikey hair in that back seat when we took off..?"..

:eek:

Originally posted by indigo
I think the worst thing is for abandoned children. I've heard that when lost kids aren't claimed at the 'lost parent's' booth, they're taken to it's a small world, have their feet stapled to the floor, and forced to sing that song all day long.

hmmmm......I think I have a new plan for my next vacation.....oh - I mean, how awful?!? I'd NEVER lose MY child.....:rolleyes:

Well...last time we rode on Peter Pan, I was sure I saw glowing eyes looking up at me from down below...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter