Scott's January trip...A photographic magical trip. UPDATED 3/16 - Final thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved your final thoughts Scott. I know its been said but I'll say it again - you are an awesome man for taking your cousins on a trip of a lifetime!
I've really enjoyed reading your report - your humor and honesty is just great!
Looks like a lot of trips are planned in the future - can't wait to relive them with you! :)

Great job with the final thoughts! After all the bumps along the way I'm glad you can look back at a great trip!
How exciting you have so many trips to look forward to. You and Biff will really love Paris! The only regret I have was being so close and not going to Disneyland Paris. (My friends arent Disney people so it wasnt a high priority
I'm already on board your PTR so looking forward in joining you through your planning stage all the way up to the trip! Thanks again for sharing!
thank you.
I can. :)
I hope we do. We have 2 friends going to meet us but I am hoping for 2 days before that at Disney.
:woohoo: glad your there already.
Thanks for reading.

GREAT TR Scott. Loved every minute of it. Glad I'm along for the next one!
thank you. glad you enjoyed it.
me too. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your trip!!!!
thank you for reading it.

Well done Scott on completing your trip report.....
Now I need to catch up on your pre trippie!
thank you.
:rotfl2:

:hug: Sorry you had a rough trip home!
And taking a group is never easy--I too find myself wishing for a solo-trip many times!
As far as teens go, I'm finding it best to bring a friend and let them do their own thing.........or leave them at home which is cheaper anyway!
Agree with your POR assessment too! We'll have to try Boatwright's next time.
And I agree with the DDP too---still a good value and easy to use!
...now I gotta get my TR wrapped up too!
so am I. :mad:
July 09' trip will be 6 kids, none of them I am responsible for. :woohoo:
definitely try it. We had dinner, late night dessert and breakfast there and loved them all.
I need to see if I missed anything on yours.

:thanks: Scott! I really enjoyed your entire report.
You are a brave man! I love travelling with my kids... but there are some days when I close my eyes and have to think REALLY hard about WHY I love travelling with them. :scared1: While reading about some of your "moments" with the kids, I couldn't help but think they were really treating you like a real "parent". That says alot about your character. The kids must love you a whole heck of a lot to feel secure enough to show their "true" selves :hug: .
With your upcoming trips... it looks like I'll still get my fair share of morning reading in! I hope you have an annual pass!
thank you for reading.
that is scary that they treated me like one.
I was thinking of getting an annual pass. I might.

Our first 5 trips to Disney was without kids. It's the only way to go. :rotfl2:
I'll have to try PTC. Never done it. The wife loves Rosie's (CS) and always wants a burger there. :sad2:
Epcot is our favorite park. Soarin' is our favorite ride. The front row rules.
We love downtown Disney. One of our favorite places to eat is Portabella Yacht Club. Sit on the patio, enjoy a great meal. Also, the Margarita's at Cap'n Jacks kiosk are the best!
Pleasure Island is also a hoot but we enjoy the nightlife at Epcot and the Boardwalk better.
Great report. Sorry I wasn't able to follow it all. Better late than never. It was nice to meet you. I'll be around for the next trip for sure!
:lmao:
it was a fun meal. Come on Linnie, give up Rosie's once.
I think we are going to Cap'n Jacks next time.
:thumbsup2 see you there and remember I am reading yours just not posting. But your on every other thread I am subscribed too. :rotfl2:

Awesome job Scott!!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us, and telling us exactly how it was, no matter how good or bad it was at the time!! I hope to one day be as great of a TR writer as you are I will definatly be participation over at your PTR!!! With that I say so long to this TR and a hello to your PTR!:flower3:
Thank you.
I had to be honest.
Then I say goodbye and hello. :laughing:
Thanks for reading.

Thanks for sharing your journey in pix.....It was quite a ride....:thumbsup2
Looking forward to sharing your next trip with you as well....
it was the easiest way to tell the story. I think I might keep this way.
Thanks for reading along and look forward to seeing you on the pre tr and of course on yours too.

Thanks for sharing you trip with us. I am so glad you and Biff will be going back in September
thank you for reading.
me too. :woohoo:

thank_you.gif
for your wonderful trip report.

I absolutely
loved.jpg
it! I am looking forward to your next one!

ththHappy_Face_Great_Job_021.gif

HUG.gif
Thank you for reading along.
Always happy to have you onboard DM. :thumbsup2
Off topic--my birthday is this week so I will be seeing my friend so I should have the drive from the concert this week or next depending on when we get together. I will let you know.

Loved your final thoughts Scott. I know its been said but I'll say it again - you are an awesome man for taking your cousins on a trip of a lifetime!
I've really enjoyed reading your report - your humor and honesty is just great!
Looks like a lot of trips are planned in the future - can't wait to relive them with you! :)
Thank you.
yes there are, I hope they all stick.
Thanks for reading.

Thank you so much for writing such an excellent trip report. I have received many ideas for my upcoming trip. My whole family enjoyed your wonderful and unique angled pictured (for some). I do hope those children, some day, realize all that you did for them and that you truly didn't have to do it at all. You showed much restraint with them and much kindness.

I look forward to reading about all your upcoming trips and great pictures that will be coming up in your trip reports.

Once again thank you for the journey.

Thank you so much for a wonderful and honest report. I can not wait to be a part of your next one!!
Debbie

it was a fun meal. Come on Linnie, give up Rosie's once.
I think we are going to Cap'n Jacks next time.
:thumbsup2 see you there and remember I am reading yours just not posting. But your on every other thread I am subscribed too. :rotfl2:

I'm a post-a-holic. :blush: When I'm in town that is... I come and go for massive Ninja-Spam-Fests. :darth:

Mine's not much of a trippy anymore. I forgot what happened months ago and have just been making things up. :rotfl2:

Thank you for sharing all of your experience with us and especially thank you for the fantastic pictures.
I am glad this TR is over because my tab of what I owe you for taking me to WDW was getting out of hand.:lmao:
Just kidding.
I am sad to see it end. I'll have to go back through from time to time to re-look at all the wonderful photos.
I'll be chatting with you on both of our PTR.:hug:

Hey Scott! I came back and looked back and got to the beginning of your last day. Doing MK, good choice for a finish. Bummer that Sissy wasn't feeling well and chose to stay behind. The french toast stuffed with bananas sounds very yummy.

It looked like a beautiful blue-sky day ...too bad it was already so crowded - yikes! Nice shot of the water/entrance to Tomorrowland. That pic of Buzz looks kind of disturbing though, something about the way he's walking and holding his head. Watch out for Possessed Buzz! Nice pic of you guys with him though :D

Off to Toon Town! Cool path and Fantastic pics of the train going by. Donald's boat looks great on the outside but I find the inside very anti-climactic. Ahhh well.

Yay, Tiny got to meet Cinderella! 30 minute wait - I hope it didn't really take that long ..but even if it did it fulfilled a dream for her so it was worth it. Bummer that you didn't get any pics with them. Nice photopass shots though.

Trying to eat lunch at lunchtime in MK? That is a tricky one to pull off. Very nice castle pics on the way out. And one more parade - whoohoo! Are those the posters that are in the archway under the train station? Very cool - I had seen stuff up there but hadn't taken the time to really look at them.

More good shots of POR. Funny how kid's sickies are dependent on what is going on/what they want to do. At least she agreed to go with you that evening. And nice sundown pic of SE and Venice.

Tutto sounds nice ...of course I Love Italian food. It looks like a nice place too. World Showcase looks pretty cool at night. I missed out on it this time around (other than making a beeline to the lagoon for Illuminations) and will have to take a stroll there next time.

Cool that they do movies on the beach at BCR. And those sundaes sound fantastic - why do you have to eat them inside? Hey, and you made it back to Epcot in time for the show! Great shots of the fireworks and of SE and the fountain on the way out.

Oh no! That stinks that Tiny's bag started coming apart. And you got caught in the TSA trap too - ugh! Ours was on the way out instead of the way back, but I feel your pain. Cell phone missing - uh oh. Isn't traveling fun?

Wow, Sissy saying she was ready to go home at day 2 - that's just sad. Yay for Tiny and especially Jake being grateful for what you did for them. It sounds like Tiny was a handful on the second leg of the flight. The Town and Country is a nice ride - it is what we had for a rental during our trip :D

I guess the long and short of it is that family always makes for interesting adventures and you just gotta take a lot of it in stride ...especially teenage girls. Hopefully later on in life she'll come to her senses and apologize for being such a pain. And you get big points for being brave enough to take 3 siblings anywhere, especially to a large theme park.

I agree with all of your final thoughts except for the kid part as I can't see going there without mine. Of course once they're grown up all bets are off! Glad to have been along for the ride on your journey my friend and I look forward to seeing how your next adventure with Biff goes!

Thank you so much for writing such an excellent trip report. I have received many ideas for my upcoming trip. My whole family enjoyed your wonderful and unique angled pictured (for some). I do hope those children, some day, realize all that you did for them and that you truly didn't have to do it at all. You showed much restraint with them and much kindness.
I look forward to reading about all your upcoming trips and great pictures that will be coming up in your trip reports.
Once again thank you for the journey.
thank you and thank you for reading.
I think 2 did and 1 did not.
glad you will follow along on the next trip. Thank you for sharing my journey with me.

Thank you so much for a wonderful and honest report. I can not wait to be a part of your next one!!
Debbie
thank you reading along.
do you wanna be in it? a little cameo? :)

I'm a post-a-holic. :blush: When I'm in town that is... I come and go for massive Ninja-Spam-Fests. :darth:
Mine's not much of a trippy anymore. I forgot what happened months ago and have just been making things up. :rotfl2:
I know you are.
that explains alot. :lmao: :rotfl2:

AHA! I KNEW IT!! pirate:
:rotfl2:

wow... friday huh... mental not taken ;)
No... Thank u!!! .. :) I really enjoyed taking this ride with you!
the big 39. aahhhhhh.
thank you for reading along. Glad u enjoyed it.

oops... double post... just tryin to catch up to lessa in the post count ;)
:confused3 :lmao: nope final count was done.

Never gonna happen! :laughing:
that's right. :thumbsup2 u tell her.

Thank you for sharing all of your experience with us and especially thank you for the fantastic pictures.
I am glad this TR is over because my tab of what I owe you for taking me to WDW was getting out of hand.:lmao:
Just kidding.
I am sad to see it end. I'll have to go back through from time to time to re-look at all the wonderful photos.
I'll be chatting with you on both of our PTR.:hug:
thank you for reading.
my paypal account is still waiting. :hourglass :rotfl2:
yes you will definitely see me on yours.

Hey Scott! I came back and looked back and got to the beginning of your last day. Doing MK, good choice for a finish. Bummer that Sissy wasn't feeling well and chose to stay behind. The french toast stuffed with bananas sounds very yummy.
I thought it was a nice way to end it. Just crowded. Oh well her loss. It was delicious.
It looked like a beautiful blue-sky day ...too bad it was already so crowded - yikes! Nice shot of the water/entrance to Tomorrowland. That pic of Buzz looks kind of disturbing though, something about the way he's walking and holding his head. Watch out for Possessed Buzz! Nice pic of you guys with him though :D
yeah! thank you. It was strange. :confused3 Thanks.
Off to Toon Town! Cool path and Fantastic pics of the train going by. Donald's boat looks great on the outside but I find the inside very anti-climactic. Ahhh well.
that path was great. I was very disappointed inside I looked at Tiny and said "that's it".
Yay, Tiny got to meet Cinderella! 30 minute wait - I hope it didn't really take that long ..but even if it did it fulfilled a dream for her so it was worth it. Bummer that you didn't get any pics with them. Nice photopass shots though.
yes she did. thank god. It did not. I might next time. Thanks.
Trying to eat lunch at lunchtime in MK? That is a tricky one to pull off. Very nice castle pics on the way out. And one more parade - whoohoo! Are those the posters that are in the archway under the train station? Very cool - I had seen stuff up there but hadn't taken the time to really look at them.
it was tricky, the rest of the time we were there no problems. Thank you. yes they r those posters.
More good shots of POR. Funny how kid's sickies are dependent on what is going on/what they want to do. At least she agreed to go with you that evening. And nice sundown pic of SE and Venice.
thank you. yes it is. yeah I wa shappy she went and thank you.
Tutto sounds nice ...of course I Love Italian food. It looks like a nice place too. World Showcase looks pretty cool at night. I missed out on it this time around (other than making a beeline to the lagoon for Illuminations) and will have to take a stroll there next time.
it was tasty. loved WS at night. definitely do.
Cool that they do movies on the beach at BCR. And those sundaes sound fantastic - why do you have to eat them inside? Hey, and you made it back to Epcot in time for the show! Great shots of the fireworks and of SE and the fountain on the way out.
it was cool. the kids loved it but it was a little chilly. they were so good. it is a restaurant sundae i guess. :confused3 Thank you.
Oh no! That stinks that Tiny's bag started coming apart. And you got caught in the TSA trap too - ugh! Ours was on the way out instead of the way back, but I feel your pain. Cell phone missing - uh oh. Isn't traveling fun?
yeah. I was so annoyed when they told me that. it really is. :rolleyes:
Wow, Sissy saying she was ready to go home at day 2 - that's just sad. Yay for Tiny and especially Jake being grateful for what you did for them. It sounds like Tiny was a handful on the second leg of the flight. The Town and Country is a nice ride - it is what we had for a rental during our trip :D
it was and I wish she told me that then I would have sent her home. I had no idea she threw up till Sissy told me. The car was nice I just wish we had it for the trip to Columbus.
I guess the long and short of it is that family always makes for interesting adventures and you just gotta take a lot of it in stride ...especially teenage girls. Hopefully later on in life she'll come to her senses and apologize for being such a pain. And you get big points for being brave enough to take 3 siblings anywhere, especially to a large theme park.
yes they do. never again I tell you.
I agree with all of your final thoughts except for the kid part as I can't see going there without mine. Of course once they're grown up all bets are off! Glad to have been along for the ride on your journey my friend and I look forward to seeing how your next adventure with Biff goes!
I think it is nice for adult trips. I am so looking forward to my next trip with just an adult. July trip will be a nightmare with 6 kids and 11 adults. :eek: Glad you came and read along.

Scott~

I cant believe it is over. To a job well done!
Thank you for sharing it all.

Looking forward to the next one. Maybe a new pic of you and Biff on SM?
Will it become a tradition? It is a great shot!
Thanks
Margaret

What is the 250 rule? You can't have over 250 pages? I had no idea!

I'd better hurry and get this in...I'd be so sad if I didn't make it!

Great TR Scott:thumbsup2 Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful , and sometimes not so wonderful, experiences with us:laughing:

I'll say once again ~ it was so nice of you to take them on this trip and let them experience WDW in such a fun way, all the parks, nice resort, lots of great food and dining experinces...I can't imagine anyone not being appreciative:confused3 :eek: What Sissy said would have made me so mad!!!

Oh well, at least you have a nice relaxing trip coming up without kids:banana: I bet you'll enjoy Disney more than usual this next time:rotfl:

Thanks again for the TR and all the beautiful pictures...I'll be seeing you on your PTR;)

No kidding!

Super-fantastic-amazing job Scott :hug: Greatly enjoyed following along with you. Can't wait to hear all about your September-Kid-Free Trip with Biff :thumbsup2

I ended up 7th highest poster - I think I can live with that ;)

Thanks for sharing your amazing trip. You are such a great cousin, and I'm sure those kids will NEVER forget what you did for them!!

Bring on the Biff trip......popcorn::

Scott~
I cant believe it is over. To a job well done!
Thank you for sharing it all.
Looking forward to the next one. Maybe a new pic of you and Biff on SM?
Will it become a tradition? It is a great shot!
Thanks
Margaret
thank you.
I don't know if I will be able to get him on that one, he knows about that one already. I think I need to get him on rides he has not been on.

Great TR Scott:thumbsup2 Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful , and sometimes not so wonderful, experiences with us:laughing:
I'll say once again ~ it was so nice of you to take them on this trip and let them experience WDW in such a fun way, all the parks, nice resort, lots of great food and dining experinces...I can't imagine anyone not being appreciative:confused3 :eek: What Sissy said would have made me so mad!!!
Oh well, at least you have a nice relaxing trip coming up without kids:banana: I bet you'll enjoy Disney more than usual this next time:rotfl:
Thanks again for the TR and all the beautiful pictures...I'll be seeing you on your PTR;)
at 250 pages it automatically locks up.
thank you. Thank you for reading.
next time I will enjoy it all. Biff has seen it except for Epcot so no trying to please there.
thank for reading. see ya there.

No kidding!

Super-fantastic-amazing job Scott :hug: Greatly enjoyed following along with you. Can't wait to hear all about your September-Kid-Free Trip with Biff :thumbsup2

I ended up 7th highest poster - I think I can live with that ;)

I believe him. :sad2: :rotfl2:

no kidding. It locks up.

Thank you. I am keeping up with yours to see if you go again.

:thumbsup2 not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter