Sailing with the Gang...DCL magic, Feb. 2016

Disney Springs looks so empty in a lot of your photos. It looks like it was a glorious day. I an't understand people who try to squeeze to the front at parades at the last minute. What a shame that your camera battery died and the sun was in the wrong place. I still enjoyed the photos though. I am jealous about you being able to snag a dinner reservation for BOG. I only ever got lunch, but I love the food there, too.

Corinna

HI Jen!

A couple thoughts - cruise groups - i agree with you. The only good cruise group i had was 4 years ago on our first year. The last 2, everyone has jumped over to Facebook, and all the chat and discussion where you get to know everyone moved over there. I don't do FB, so really felt left out.

Palo Brunch vs Dinner - brunch has both the breakfast food, the buffet area, and the Italian entrees… YUM! Dinner had the great antipasta tray, and the CHOCOLATE SOUFFLÉ! Both were great in their own ways….

Finding your maps in the marketplace co-op store - this used to be the ESPN store, and also had the Ridemakerz RC car booth in here. With DH being a sports fan and DS being a boy, we were in here often! LOL

I'm sad you're off the boat, but looking forward to the rest of the TR!

Beautiful pictures of the parade.

Thanks

Disney Springs looks so empty in a lot of your photos. It looks like it was a glorious day. I an't understand people who try to squeeze to the front at parades at the last minute. What a shame that your camera battery died and the sun was in the wrong place. I still enjoyed the photos though. I am jealous about you being able to snag a dinner reservation for BOG. I only ever got lunch, but I love the food there, too.

Corinna

It wasn't too bad when I was there ,but it was early to mid day so most of the crowds were in the parks. I wish I has noticed the low battery before the parade so I could of changed it while I sat there all that time. LOL.
I love BOG dinner. I booked it pretty far though.

A couple thoughts - cruise groups - i agree with you. The only good cruise group i had was 4 years ago on our first year. The last 2, everyone has jumped over to Facebook, and all the chat and discussion where you get to know everyone moved over there. I don't do FB, so really felt left out.

I notice a lot now have people with like 10 or less posts and they are basically coming in to do a fish extender. The one for Oct right now...that's all they do...."can I be in FE?..... Yes PM me". I don't need to become best friends but it would be nice to talk a bit about the cruise. or read what others are doing. I don't mind the facebook groups....actually prefer them now. But currently there isn't anything for our next cruise either.

Palo Brunch vs Dinner - brunch has both the breakfast food, the buffet area, and the Italian entrees… YUM! Dinner had the great antipasta tray, and the CHOCOLATE SOUFFLÉ! Both were great in their own ways….

That tray doesn't hold any interest for me and the soufflé was just ok when I had it. I prefer the Grand Marnier one they serve in the dining rooms.

Finding your maps in the marketplace co-op store - this used to be the ESPN store, and also had the Ridemakerz RC car booth in here. With DH being a sports fan and DS being a boy, we were in here often! LOL

Aha...I knew it had to have been something else...and since we are sports people I can see how I never noticed. LOL.

I'm sad you're off the boat, but looking forward to the rest of the TR!

I wish I was on a boat today!

After a while I was finally texted and then soon after that a CM came out to take me to my table. She asked if I had been here before and I told her yes, and she asked me which rooms I have been in and I told her I have been in 2 of the rooms a couple of times but never in the West Wing yet. She told me I was in luck because today I would be sitting in the West Wing. Yay!!!

Also as we walked in, she pointed out the stain glass picture of the prince. I mentioned to her that he is the pantless prince and she took a look and giggle. She said she had never heard that before, but now she won’t be able to look at the picture the same way again.

bog2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I sat down and made my selections.

bog3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bog4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And once I made my order I tried to take pictures and video around the room.

bog5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bog6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bogg1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

Soon my soup and rolls arrived.

bog7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bog8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yes this is the same soup, one just is a less colorful picture. I think one was from my phone and one from my camera.

bogg2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My view from my seat straight ahead.

bog9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And my entrée soon arrived and it was delicious.

bog10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

While I was eating, the Master made his appearance.

bog11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bog12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was constantly trying to get a picture of the picture changing so I took a lot of shots. LOL.

bogg5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Dessert selections.

bog13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I ended up going with the strawberry cupcake.

bogg6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I really had thought hard about asking to order 2 more cupcakes to go so I could eat them tomorrow. The only down side was I would have to carry them around for the rest of the evening and by the time I got done with my cupcake I was so full I decided not to ask. And of course the next morning I was kicking myself for not getting them.

bog14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After I was done I got up and took a few more pictures around the room.

bog1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bog15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bog16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And of course I can’t leave without a picture of the pantless prince.

bogg7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Up next…It’s a Small Word

Dinner looked lovely and that cupcake looked divine. I can understand why you were tempted to get some to go. I have only ever sat in the room with the music box. I like the West Wing, but the lighting in there is quite a challenge when it comes to photography. You did great there.

Corinna

Dinner looked great. I have heard mixed reviews about dinner so I'm glad you've enjoyed it every time you've gone. I still have not been able to score a reservation.

Cool to get the West Wing :) the details are fabulous!

Dinner looked lovely and that cupcake looked divine. I can understand why you were tempted to get some to go. I have only ever sat in the room with the music box. I like the West Wing, but the lighting in there is quite a challenge when it comes to photography. You did great there.

Corinna

The lighting in there is horrible for pictures but it is a fun room.

Dinner looked great. I have heard mixed reviews about dinner so I'm glad you've enjoyed it every time you've gone. I still have not been able to score a reservation.

Cool to get the West Wing :) the details are fabulous!

I have too and always wonder what they are eating, because everything I have had has been pretty good.

Sadly, I was already getting pretty tired. My plan had been to stay till park closing but I was fading fast.

I put that out of my mind though and headed off to ride some rides.

First was It’s a Small World.

mk72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I didn’t mention this before, but the park was very busy. We were approaching a holiday weekend and I think many came in early for it.

mk73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was using only my phone and point and shoot camera today, so my pictures were not as good as what I normally take, but since I have taken so many of these same pictures over the years, I was ok with that.

mk76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk81 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

This room has always been my favorite. Even as a kid I just thought this room was so beautiful.

sw3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk82 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk83 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk84 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk85 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was a boat jam but that’s ok. I was in no hurry.

mk86 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

I know Small World is not loved by all, but we like it and I do try to get on it every trip.

After my boat ride around the world I took off taking more pictures.

mk87 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

Night time is where I really notice how the point and shoot just does not compare to the SLR, but I could live with it.

mk88 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk89 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

tower by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then headed to jungle cruise. I can’t remember if I had a fastpass or if I did the standard line. I do remember not too long of a wait though.

I thought it was kind of cute as this service dog was waiting for his owner and he was so dang excited when he saw her.

jungle1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took a few pictures on my jungle safari but they are awful, so I will skip posting them.

After I got off I headed towards my favorite ride of all rides.

mk90 - Copy by Jenseib, on Flickr

Nope, not the boat…or at least this boat.

My favorite is Pirates of the Caribbean. I ALWAYS have loved this ride. I rode it 2 or 3 times in a row and took a few pictures and video too.

pirates1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pirates2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pirates3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pirates4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I heard on the news a few weeks ago that this scene is controversial and people want Disney to remove it. Sorry but I love “We wants the redhead!”

pirates5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pirates6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And this is pirate Dave. Why do I call him Dave? Well my BIL is named Dave and he loves cats (and all animals) and we have a zillion farm cats and he is always caring for them…especially the disgusting mangy ones. He also used to drink rum…a LOT. He no longer drinks but years ago we named this pirate Dave because he was holding a rum bottle and calling for the kitties.

pirates7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

On one of my times through I tried to take video of Dave, but it’s not that great.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

pirates8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pirates9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pirates10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pirates11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And that’s all the pirate pictures I took. Like I said, I went through 2 or 3 times because I just love this ride.

Up next…Calling it a night!

Love the parade photos - and you are so right, this is a beautiful parade and we end up with a lot of photos too!
Sorry about the one family barging in.

Dinner looks nice! You took some really nice pictures of that room as
well.

For the park being busy, you still got quite a bit done. I enjoy It's A Small World, too. I am always sad if it is closed on my trips.

Corinna

Even though you were fading looks like you pushed through and had a lot of fun!

Corinna and I got stuck in front of pirate Dave for about 45 minutes last year! I couldn't help but laugh.

Corinna and I got stuck in front of pirate Dave for about 45 minutes last year! I couldn't help but laugh.

Although I very much remember being stuck on there for ages, I did not make the link between the photo and the spot where we were stuck.

Corinna

Love the parade photos - and you are so right, this is a beautiful parade and we end up with a lot of photos too!
Sorry about the one family barging in.

Dinner looks nice! You took some really nice pictures of that room as
well.

I just can't help myself. I love taking pictures of that parade.

For the park being busy, you still got quite a bit done. I enjoy It's A Small World, too. I am always sad if it is closed on my trips.

Corinna

I got the important to me rides in but most things had quite long waits the whole trip.

Even though you were fading looks like you pushed through and had a lot of fun!

that's funny. I think I might be sick of Dave after 45 minutes. hahaha

Although I very much remember being stuck on there for ages, I did not make the link between the photo and the spot where we were stuck.

Corinna

LOL

So I wanted a snack now. (I don’t even think I was hungry but trying to get all the good snacks in before I had to leave tomorrow) I actually wanted a Dole whip float with orange icecream. As many of you know, they have moved the Dole whip stand and traded places with citrus swirl stand. The Dole whip stand had a long line so I went for the citrus swirl. I did ask the next day if I could get a Dole whip float with orange/citrus ice-cream and it is a no go any longer. I know Dole had made some regulations over the past year or so and I guess this is one of them. ONLY Dole Whip floats can be made with the pineapple. At least that is what the CM told me.

citrisswirl by Jenseib, on Flickr

At some point I texted Kelly as her and Charlotte were also extending their trip a few days. We had planned to meet up tonight and hang out. Kelly replied that they had slept half the day and were just too tired. I have to admit I was kind of glad because I was so tired and achy that I wasn’t sure I could hang out very long.

I am not sure if I hit any other rides today because if I did I didn’t take pictures. I was now fading fast though and decided I just had to go back and get some rest. Plus I needed to be sure my bags were packed properly and weighed the right amount.

leaving1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got the bus stop and got one of the accordion buses. This would be my first time actually riding on one.

accordianbus by Jenseib, on Flickr

busturning by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was so cool to make turns and only half the bus turned at a time.

busturning2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Back at Sports I made the LONG trek back to my room. Yeah, I hate standard room locations.

sports50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sports51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sports52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sports53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sports54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Once in my room I started rearranging things in my suitcase. I had bought some stuff today that needed to be fitted in. I also had a box to mail back home so I packed that thing with anything I could that wasn’t essential. I had maps and brochures in there, most of my receipts and some of the gifts that friends had given me. I made sure to pack it till it was completely full. Every ounce not in my suitcase was a benefit for me.

Once that was packed I taped it up (I had brought a small roll of packing tape) and put the label on it. I am going to do this for all future trips. It was such a wise decision.

I moved things around in my suitcases and got it somewhat set. I would have to put more in in the morning but I got tippy as full and heavy as I could, allowing room in the big suitcase and carryon for anything I needed to put in in the morning.

Then I flicked on Stacy on the TV (She just isn’t as fun as she used to be) and drifted off to sleep.

Up next…Some park time before saying good bye.

GREAT trip report! I loved your NCL one also.

You got some amazing photos. We are headed to the Bahamas on a cruise this weekend (2nd time for us) and your photos made me so excited and ready to go!

I did not even know that a float with orange ice cream was an option before. I only ever had the Dole Whip Float with pineapple juice and Dole whip or the orange swirl with soda.

I am impressed that you were able to reorganize your luggage after such a long day.

Corinna

Bummer you couldn't get the float the way you wanted. I would have never thought to do that combination.

Those accordion buses look scary to me. I haven't been on one yet. They had them up in Baltimore and my mind couldn't wrap around how they keep control of the back.

The trek can definitely be long at those Value resorts!

Corinna

It is seared into my memory because Christine kept repeating the phrase after the pirate would say it. It was the never ending 'here kitty kitty kitty' :laughing:

Nice wrap up to your MK day!

Glad you enjoyed you BOG dinner, We really liked it there. I love that Strawberry Cupcake :love:

I like that Blue and white room at Small World too.

That's ridiculous about them wanting Disney to take that scene out of POTC. People are just too sensitive about everything these days. That ride has been around for what 43 years at MK? And NOW they want to take out the scene? Crazy. It's like around here, there is this very old carousel with these painted panels on it and it's been around since I think 1905 and last summer some nut decided that one of the panels was offensive and got people up in arms about it to have it removed. (I think it was removed this spring)

Sorry you were so tired and couldn't stay in the park as long as you would have liked but it was probably best that you headed back especially if you still had packing to so.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter