Rumored Changes to G+

The 'nickel & dime' aspect is because Disney pulled back the limited 'included in room price' FP+ to a wide variety of vacationers and basically said, "Now, you have to pay for it and you thought it was hard to get before well try it now." Many complained about the pre-planning aspect and the inability to get the FP+ of their choice so now we all 'pay' for that complaining in one way or another.

And to the poster who enjoyed the November '20 trip all I can say is Really?

How much vacationers are 'nickel & dimed' is their choice. We don't do G+ but we're also in the parks 2 to 3 times annually. I don't have a problem waiting for the 'unicorn' 20 minute line for a ride I like. Absence makes the heart fonder :)

The 'nickel & dime' aspect is because Disney pulled back the limited 'included in room price' FP+ to a wide variety of vacationers and basically said, "Now, you have to pay for it and you thought it was hard to get before well try it now." Many complained about the pre-planning aspect and the inability to get the FP+ of their choice so now we all 'pay' for that complaining in one way or another.

And to the poster who enjoyed the November '20 trip all I can say is Really?

How much vacationers are 'nickel & dimed' is their choice. We don't do G+ but we're also in the parks 2 to 3 times annually. I don't have a problem waiting for the 'unicorn' 20 minute line for a ride I like. Absence makes the heart fonder :)
I think the nickel and dime feeling is worse now that you don't know how much it costs until midnight the day before or when you wake up the morning of. If they fixed the price (even to the highest it has been) and allowed people to pre-purchase or add it into a package then it just becomes part of the cost of the vacation.

For us, we just budget about $175/day for our family of 4 to get G+ and an ILL or two. We had family friends go down who are not WDW regulars and I had to break the news to them that they should budget similarly. I think those are the guests who are not on Disney websites/youtubes and don't realize until they get there that feel more nickel and dimed.

I have no real issue with Genie plus other than your paying for a service that you don't know what your going to get out of it. They should allow you to make advance reservations like fastpass used to. At least that way I'm paying $$ and I'm at least getting on x number of rides.

The times we have used Genie + we got on multiple rides and thought it worked great for us but I can understand the frustation.

I have no real issue with Genie plus other than your paying for a service that you don't know what your going to get out of it. They should allow you to make advance reservations like fastpass used to. At least that way I'm paying $$ and I'm at least getting on x number of rides.

The times we have used Genie + we got on multiple rides and thought it worked great for us but I can understand the frustation.
Agree with most of this. If they do go with an advanced option, I hope it's perhaps the initial selection, and perhaps a few days out - not 60. The only thing from FP+ that I truly hope they fold into G+ is the ability to select a specific time window. I suppose if they do allow advanced booking, that will have to be part of it, else it won't help much! G+ would be a much more effective tool if we could just select the time window instead of modifying some of them during the day.

So i have my trip this April for 8 of us so it would cost me $4,000 per day to skip the lines? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Not many would pay for that

Families couldnt afford this
This was just a hypothetical discussion since some guests were advocating for a system similar to Universal's Express Pass. I'm aware that many won't be able to afford this amount.

Anyone that is happy and eager to pay 500$ per person for a skip the line service is free to DM me for my venmo/paypal since obviously folks have lots of money to spare and throw around and I could use some of that. :tink:

Agree with most of this. If they do go with an advanced option, I hope it's perhaps the initial selection, and perhaps a few days out - not 60. The only thing from FP+ that I truly hope they fold into G+ is the ability to select a specific time window. I suppose if they do allow advanced booking, that will have to be part of it, else it won't help much! G+ would be a much more effective tool if we could just select the time window instead of modifying some of them during the day.
If they allow you to pre select your first ride of the day one week in advance of arrival in place of the 7am and also buy an ILL, then that's 2 pre booked rides that you can choose your return times....This would be more than enough for me while still allowing the current function to work (mainly stacking)

That and also allow re rides (at least at some portion of the day)

Anyone that is happy and eager to pay 500$ per person for a skip the line service is free to DM me for my venmo/paypal since obviously folks have lots of money to spare and throw around and I could use some of that. :tink:
I'm not eager to pay $500 but I also know that not everyone can have a skip the line pass for them to be effective. That's the mindset that Disney needs to change. Waiting in standby is part of going to a theme park.

While I get your point the same could be said for people who do the high cost ADRs, or the after hours events or stay at Deluxe resorts or spend a lot of merch or any number of things. It has always been eye raising the amount of money people spend on things at Disney, the difference here when discussing a get ahead of the line service is those who are discussing a high costs aren't doing it because it would 100% benefit themselves but rather guest experience in general. I know that may not be what some want to think about but that is the majority of what posters are meaning.

I'm not eager to pay $500 but I also know that not everyone can have a skip the line pass for them to be effective. That's the mindset that Disney needs to change. Waiting in standby is part of going to a theme park.
Agreed. I went to Universal Orlando 5 times without EP to just 1 time with EP and I'm still perfectly fine with Universal charging what they charge for their system.

If they allow you to pre select your first ride of the day one week in advance of arrival in place of the 7am and also buy an ILL, then that's 2 pre booked rides that you can choose your return times....This would be more than enough for me while still allowing the current function to work (mainly stacking)

That and also allow re rides (at least at some portion of the day)
That would work for me, too - if they change the current G+ to allow selecting a time window for LL, and not just the next available time! Then I'd be glad to make another LL selection 2 hours after park opening day-of..... Of course, this situation also implies purchasing G+ in advance, so they'd have to price it out in advance....

The rumors just in this thread are all over the place, so it'll be interesting to see what (and when) changes are announced.

That would work for me, too - if they change the current G+ to allow selecting a time window for LL, and not just the next available time! Then I'd be glad to make another LL selection 2 hours after park opening day-of..... Of course, this situation also implies purchasing G+ in advance, so they'd have to price it out in advance....

The rumors just in this thread are all over the place, so it'll be interesting to see what (and when) changes are announced.
I have a feeling we will be waiting a while......

The nickle and diming is out of control.........We arrive April 12th and I just reserved transportation from MCO to BLT, $160....booked Enchantment at the Top Dessert Party for $712 since we dont land until 7pm and wanted to see fireworks that night and Villains Liar has an event and then paid $215 for magicbands.........Thats $1,087 more than my last trip when we had M Express, free Magicbands and Top of the World was open and thats even before our first park day
That is an exorbitant price you paid… $700 to see fireworks. $200 for magic bands.

Wan could argue that these are not necessary expenditures.

That is an exorbitant price you paid… $700 to see fireworks. $200 for magic bands.

Wan could argue that these are not necessary expenditures.
Correct.....Magic bands were free......then $5......now $25pp for the cheapest (8 of us going on this trip)..............I will probably cancel the event at Villains Liar and just watch from Contemporary viewing area......But my point was, all that was free last time I went

Nope! That is so 1980's. Feel free to hang on to this type of nostalgia. I want nothing to do with it.

It worked in the 80s because the people who has skip the line access then were limited and they were wealthy/famous. That's also why the standby lines were tolerable then as well.

I didn’t feel tied to my device. It takes 30 seconds to make a G+. It’s really not bad at all. People are over exaggerating the phone situation or doing something completely different than I did. Or their tolerance for the phone is less than mine.

I would book a G+ and put my phone in my bag and move on. Sometimes I would set an alarm for 2 hours to remind me to book my next one and I didn’t have to mess with my phone for another 2 hours. Then 30 seconds to book, rinse and repeat. I’m not a refresher so I don’t spend massive amounts of time doing that.

I do love mobile order. It’s probably one of the best things Disney has implemented.

This is exactly how I feel. I book my LL as soon as I go through the previous one. I don't even run out of battery by the end of the day.

ADRs have been awful for years. Please start charging a massive reservation fee for setting up a reservation.

There may be riots but it would work to change the mindset of guests. For any system they choose to work well, they need less people buying it each day. By charging high prices, it gets less people to buy it and get used to using standby again.

Strollers should 100% be incurring an extra fee. They take up a massive amount of space and families should be encouraged not to bring them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter