Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in high risk groups just shouldn’t go, they’re responsible for their own welfare. Harsh but true.

Obesity is a high risk group. Many Americans are either in denial, or outright aren’t aware, they are obese and therefore fall within this high risk group.

I don’t wanna live in a world where I’m forced to where a mask and take medical tests to get into a Disney park.

I agree with you here. Wearing a mask all day at a Disney park sounds like a nightmare. We have to wear them here in NY to go into public, and I couldn’t take wearing it for 15 minutes at the grocery store.

I’m curious about the potential required tests. So hypothetically, I could pay $2000 (or more) for my resort hotel reservation, pay hundreds of dollars in flights, thousands in tickets, arrive at Disney, check in to my resort, and head to MK. At MK, I take a test and test positive for Covid-19.

Now what? Do they just let me go back to my resort and hang out and use the amenities and spread it there? Do they force me and my family back on a plane to go home? I’ve already been on DME and in my room. Do they pay for the plane ticket and refund my entire vacation?

Or do they test every guest arriving at the airport before they allow us on DME? Do they cut out DME altogether?

What a logistical nightmare.

This scenario, which is a real possibility IF they do testing, is definitely possible. I'm talking the Covid test here, not a temperature test. (And saying testing wouldn't work has just been disproved by this scenario - as it caught someone testing positive.)

I'm sure some health department would need to be notified of a positive test, and there would be a more thorough retest.

Say it's still positive. The multitude of questions generated by this scenario is long. For example, one person tests positive while the rest of the family doesn't. However, they have all been exposed but the length of exposure is unknown - do you allow the rest of the family to enter? How do you get back to the hotel without exposing others - certainly not via WDW transportation? Would you be allowed back into the hotel - because you know they've tagged your MDE as positive? How would you get to an airport? Would you really expose your Uber driver to this knowing you are positive?

Now if they test at the airport before you get on DME, I'm sure you would not be allowed to ride. You really don't want to remain with your family now, since you tested positive - do you? Would you be allowed on a plane after having tested positive?

The questions generated boggle the mind. While I think they could institute testing, I don't think they would do so without being told they absolutely had to as a prerequisite to opening the parks. They really don't want to go down that road, and the politicians will cave on having WDW (or any theme parks) do testing in FL, so my guess is no testing will be done.

Also as far as the testing, what a traumatic experience to subject little kids to to enter what should be a magical experience for them. No way I’m subjecting DS to having a swab shoved up his nose to enter a theme park or anywhere other than a healthcare facility if he’s sick.

If we could go for our July trip, I would. But we live in the suburbs of NYC. My husband travels to manhattan for work at least once a week, so I’m sure we were exposed at some point, or will be exposed there vs WDW. I just don’t want to go if my daughter can’t meet the princesses. She’d be upset with being there and not having that. She’s only 4 so she wouldn’t understand fully and that’s why we booked the expensive CRT meal and stuff. I’d be ok with no fireworks but meeting the characters is one of the reasons why we go to Disney, so I think that’ll probably be a dealbreaker. At Least for my husband.
This is us exactly- down to living in a NYC suburb and my husband works in NYC 5 days a week....

All my daughter is talking about is eating in the castle and seeing the princesses. My son is 8 and gets it... my daughter is 4 and doesn't. We go in November... I just keep hoping.

What I suspect is going to happen in America is that people will be tested and then given some kind of "ID" card indicating that they've already had the virus. Once you're 'in the clear' so to speak, you can go wherever you want. We're not sure if you can get COVID-19 again, but I'm betting you can't. In this situation, WDW may only allow people who have the "ID" card into their parks, hotels, Magical Express, etc.

Just a thought. At this point, everything is conjecture.
Yeah, China already has this in place. You take a health questionnaire via an app, provide access to your phone (presumably it can track your “habits”) and you get a QR code - green, yellow or red. You need to present a green QR code when you travel or to enter the Downtown Disney area /Shanghai Disney Hotel. Apple and Google are allegedly working on a similar app for outside China.

I don't think there's any way they test or require masks. i think they'll offer free masks and sell special ones. i think they'll have lots of sanitizers out and they'll have extra custodial staff, and they'll leave and empty car/row between people on rides where you're close. I think Jungle Cruise, ToT and Star tours probably won't open because those rides require multiple parties in a single row, and there will be cast members wiping everything down between rides. I think capacity will be limited to resort guests for the first two or so weeks, and then limited to 50 percent afterwards, but wait times will be as long because ride capacity will also be cut in half or so.

I think the buffets are gone for a while, so I don't know how they'll retool Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. The open-air food in the Club Levels will be gone, which will require a substantial rethinking of Club Level for both WDW and guests as to its value.

I'm not sure how they are going to handle intra park transportation in terms of busses and such. Busses are crowded with normal park traffic, and out of all the logistical problems they're facing that would be the biggest one.

I don't think there's any way they test or require masks. i think they'll offer free masks and sell special ones. i think they'll have lots of sanitizers out and they'll have extra custodial staff, and they'll leave and empty car/row between people on rides where you're close. I think Jungle Cruise, ToT and Star tours probably won't open because those rides require multiple parties in a single row, and there will be cast members wiping everything down between rides. I think capacity will be limited to resort guests for the first two or so weeks, and then limited to 50 percent afterwards, but wait times will be as long because ride capacity will also be cut in half or so.

I think the buffets are gone for a while, so I don't know how they'll retool Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. The open-air food in the Club Levels will be gone, which will require a substantial rethinking of Club Level for both WDW and guests as to its value.

I'm not sure how they are going to handle intra park transportation in terms of busses and such. Busses are crowded with normal park traffic, and out of all the logistical problems they're facing that would be the biggest one.
I agree. I think it’ll be like the Zika situation with the optional mosquito repellent stations & in rooms. They’ll be hand sanitizer stations & places to get masks & rooms will have masks. But all will be optional. If fl doesn’t have an order requiring ppl to wear masks in public, I don’t see wdw requiring it.

The more I think about it the more i come to the point on how logistically hard it will be for Disney to open.

Yeah, China already has this in place. You take a health questionnaire via an app, provide access to your phone (presumably it can track your “habits”) and you get a QR code - green, yellow or red. You need to present a green QR code when you travel or to enter the Downtown Disney area /Shanghai Disney Hotel. Apple and Google are allegedly working on a similar app for outside China.
so we can all lie to the app?

The more I think about it the more i come to the point on how logistically hard it will be for Disney to open.

That’s how I feel. I’m not sure how wiping down rides in between guests is going to help. Think how much is touched in Disney everyday. Door handles, railings, bathroom door locks, benches, etc. How can they possibly wipe down every surface?

Am I the only one who thinks seeing the Princesses in Masks that match their dresses would be cool and make for really memorable pictures? Ok, yeah, I admit it would be kinda weird...

Actually, I think it would be kind of neat! If we are going to be living in a "masked" world, then why wouldn't face characters have to wear masks too? It might promote more mask wearing and certainly could be another source of merchandising for Disney. For those with little kids that might not be excited about wearing a mask, the new draw could be, "Look! Cinderella has a mask too!".

As for fireworks and projection show (HEA), I wonder if Disney has ever considered incorporating different parts of the parks to each have their own projection show? Before Covid closing, guests would all go to the castle hub to watch HEA because of the castle projections. In many parts of the park, the fireworks can be seen, so why not have different projections in different parts of the park? For example. a projection show on Haunted Mansion, one on Space Mountain, one on the back of the castle, etc. They could project different versions in each area to draw crowds throughout the park, rather than in one spot.

so we can all lie to the app?
Honestly, I don’t know enough about it. Some questions you cannot lie, like your address. And the phone has access to where you have been to assess risky behaviors such as going to public places and frequency of leaving your house. but, again I don’t know enough about it - just what I said - already in use in China, already in use by Disney Shanghai and a version being developed outside of China.

I suspect any testing requirement would be done at home with the results electronically sent to Disney and added to your MDE account.

Actually, I think it would be kind of neat! If we are going to be living in a "masked" world, then why wouldn't face characters have to wear masks too? It might promote more mask wearing and certainly could be another source of merchandising for Disney. For those with little kids that might not be excited about wearing a mask, the new draw could be, "Look! Cinderella has a mask too!".

As for fireworks and projection show (HEA), I wonder if Disney has ever considered incorporating different parts of the parks to each have their own projection show? Before Covid closing, guests would all go to the castle hub to watch HEA because of the castle projections. In many parts of the park, the fireworks can be seen, so why not have different projections in different parts of the park? For example. a projection show on Haunted Mansion, one on Space Mountain, one on the back of the castle, etc. They could project different versions in each area to draw crowds throughout the park, rather than in one spot.
I love this idea even without social distancing as in let’s do it now and when there’s a vaccine and we can stop social distancing keep it!

I suspect any testing requirement would be done at home with the results electronically sent to Disney and added to your MDE account.

I can't even imagine the HIPAA nightmare that would ensue if Disney required electronic sending of someone's test results.

The only thing I can imagine is your get the test yourself, then request a copy of results from provider/lab and upload the results yourself to your account.

Testing at home before a trip will not be very helpful. All the interactions between the day of testing and the day you arrive at wdw, you could be infected with the virus in between. Testing at wdw won't work either, people come and go from property, also how would that work with locals,? I visit several days a week, will i be tested each time?
How will it work for CM? They come and go from work
It'll come to personal accountability. You don't want to be exposed to the virus,? Stay home
You want to come? Take your own precautions

Testing at home before a trip will not be very helpful. All the interactions between the day of testing and the day you arrive at wdw, you could be infected with the virus in between. Testing at wdw won't work either, people come and go from property, also how would that work with locals,? I visit several days a week, will i be tested each time?
How will it work for CM? They come and go from work
It'll come to personal accountability. You don't want to be exposed to the virus,? Stay home

I agree with bolded statement. They will attempt some forms of "protection" at first, but in the end that statement is what it will come down to.

Testing at home before a trip will not be very helpful. All the interactions between the day of trading and the day you arrive at wdw, you could be infected with the virus in between. Testing at wdw won't work either, people come and go from property, also how would that work with locals,? I visit several days a week, will i be tested each time?

Yeah infrared/temperature cameras that can view multiple people at once are still the best of bunch of bad options. You can easily throw that into the legal ease on your ticket in the same way you are agreeing to a bag search just by being on property. In no way perfect but it shows effort and could at least reduce incidents.

I am really expecting matching ears and mask sets. I would love one personally. I am planning on making my husband and I tshirts for our 30th wedding anniversary trip next february and right now I am planning matching masks for the tshirts. I have a cricut and I am not afraid to use it!! There are so many disney couples I can use to make park appropriate anniversary shirts for us and adding matching masks should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter