Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing at home before a trip will not be very helpful. All the interactions between the day of testing and the day you arrive at wdw, you could be infected with the virus in between. Testing at wdw won't work either, people come and go from property, also how would that work with locals,? I visit several days a week, will i be tested each time?
How will it work for CM? They come and go from work
It'll come to personal accountability. You don't want to be exposed to the virus,? Stay home
You want to come? Take your own precautions
Agreed. There is just no way Disney will assume responsibility for testing everyone who enters the bubble or requiring prior testing. The implications are too complex and far reaching. My best guess is that the parks will reopen with some combination of the safety precautions and restrictions described on page 1. Those limitations, combined with the inevitable recession and continued concerns about contracting the virus, will result in substantially lower crowds for the foreseeable future, which sucks for many reasons, including the impact on the 50th anniversary celebration.

From the ideas thrown I see Disney having people sign a waiver releasing the company from any wrong doing if the guest gets sick
Requiring hand sanitizing before entering a queue and after riding
Wiping down lapbars, ride vehicles, between guests use
Requiring masks be used during queuing
Temp checks seem impractical/ inaccurate but they might do them to give a false sense of security, like bag checks, that would be a quick thing to do but like many have said people's temps might be high for many reasons, they won't turn away someone because of that, heck they don't turn away women that are clearly pregnant from riding rides , leave that at the person's discretion.

Disney is not going to require any testing to get in the parks .. unless it would be required by the government (which it probably won't). If Disney takes ANY sort of "responsibility" about who comes in/out of the park they immediately become legally responsible if they tested someone falsely and they go and infect people. They aren't going to open themselves up to that.

They will operate under the "guest beware" policy.

It will come down to Disney doing it's best sanitation efforts and INDIVIDUALS taking their own risks and precautions of being out there. At this point .. if you are under 50 the risk is VERY VERY low of it being fatal. Anyone young and healthy should be fine and willing to take that risk -- including the younger employees (that will come into close contact with more people in an hour than any guest would in a whole day).

Disney may struggle re-opening simply because they have cast members who are afraid or unable (at risk) to work at a crowded theme park for a while.

Disney is not going to require any testing to get in the parks .. unless it would be required by the government (which it probably won't). If Disney takes ANY sort of "responsibility" about who comes in/out of the park they immediately become legally responsible if they tested someone falsely and they go and infect people. They aren't going to open themselves up to that.

It will come down to Disney doing it's best sanitation efforts and INDIVIDUALS taking their own risks and precautions of being out there. At this point .. if you are under 50 the risk is VERY VERY low of it being fatal. Anyone young and healthy should be fine and willing to take that risk -- including the younger employees (that will come into close contact with more people in an hour than any guest would in a whole day).

Disney may struggle re-opening simply because they have cast members who are afraid or unable (at risk) to work at a crowded theme park for a while.
Even for healthy people its a very serious thing with no way to treat it. It sad that it takes for it to affect someone personally to see that. Til there is a way to treat this social distancing should be implemented. Not to the point of keeping people at home but also not to opening a theme park level either.

Plenty of people in central Florida looking for work right now, they would fill the requirements in a week, get them trained in 5 days

I think temp checks and all that other stuff will happen. But I’ve thought about them opening sooner with waivers. Everyone assumes their own risk such as going to a trampoline park or skydiving. If you don’t feel comfortable signing a waiver you don’t walk into the park, simple.
Waivers are fine for the guests, but what about CMs?

We've all read about healthcare workers catching it even when they have full ppe. Disney CMs without full PPE will be at risk and surely a waiver wont mean much in law for them?

I believe that life is full of risks and we choose to face those risks every day. Why should Disney be any different? Having hand sanitizer available before and after rides is appropriate. Just ask my family - I pull out the hand sanitizer after every ride and they all comply by putting out their hands for a squeeze. In spite of all my hand sanitizer use, I got the flu at WDW on the second to last day of our trip in 2006 and I certainly didn't blame Disney. Waivers would be appropriate IMHO.

I believe that life is full of risks and we choose to face those risks every day. Why should Disney be any different? Having hand sanitizer available before and after rides is appropriate. Just ask my family - I pull out the hand sanitizer after every ride and they all comply by putting out their hands for a squeeze. In spite of all my hand sanitizer use, I got the flu at WDW on the second to last day of our trip in 2006 and I certainly didn't blame Disney. Waivers would be appropriate IMHO.
As I just said, ok for guests but disney has a bigger responsibility for CM safety. If there is an outbreak in the parks among CMs then they could potentially have a huge law suit on their hands if they could have done more or perhaps just shouldnt have reopened yet.

As I just said, ok for guests but disney has a bigger responsibility for CM safety. If there is an outbreak in the parks among CMs then they could potentially have a huge law suit on their hands if they could have done more or perhaps just shouldnt have reopened yet.

That is what waivers are for. Some will not want to work in that environment and will quit. It’s the same as grocery store workers making the choice.

That is what waivers are for. Some will not want to work in that environment and will quit. It’s the same as grocery store workers making the choice.
Well that will be interesting. I'm not sure a waiver will be legally valid for CMs - forcing them to potentially sign their life away or be fired. Wow.

Well that will be interesting. I'm not sure a waiver will be legally valid for CMs - forcing them to potentially sign their life away or be fired. Wow.
It's their choice. Im working at the airport, greeting people coming from hot zones, i had to sign a waiver releasing the company of any wrongdoing, I know the risks
Im pretty sure cm will be required to wear masks and gloves, especially those working inside buildings

while disclosing risks is important to mitigation there is no waiving risk under state and federal worker safety laws.

Heath surveillance will obviously be a critical component within the CM workforce

It's their choice. Im working at the airport, greeting people coming from hot zones, i had to sign a waiver releasing the company of any wrongdoing, I know the risks
Im pretty sure cm will be required to wear masks and gloves, especially those working inside buildings
But your role from what I think you said is key for others safety by logging passenger details? That's important.

A CM at a theme park isnt in the same league.

But your role from what I think you said is key for others safety by logging passenger details? That's important.

Everyone keeps telling everyone to accept the new normal.

Well signing a waiver to either visit somewhere or be employed by somewhere that would have a chance of you contracting Covid may very well be a new normal people have to accept.

Important to them, the economy of central Florida and the impact up and down the state. I would not put anyone's job above anyone else's. Now you're starting to stray off topic and im sure the moderator of this forum won't appreciate that.

Disney isn’t reliant on the government for everything. If they wanted to require tests they could. It may not be logistical to do so but if they wanted they could.

Hand sanitizer before and after rides, fine.
No buffets for a while, fine.
No meet and greets, ok by me.
Wearing a mask, not gonna.
‘ID Cards’ and ‘apps’, oh heck no.
If I wanted to live like that I would have moved to China already.
I’m definitely in the personal responsibility camp.

Last edited:
For when it opens, rather than all those "options"...here's the option I would pitch Disney.

100% ID check. Only FL residents enter. Must have FL address on state-issued ID or passport for anyone 18+. That way, FL decision makers are solely responsible for FL. No one is on airlines or driving long distance bringing illness back to their states and countries.

That should be phase one. This is also the group most likely not to mind a subpar or lowered experience, since many will be drive-in candidates and not spending tons on hotels and travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter